MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know anything about the Amy Murphy case near Clarksville, TN? I can find very little info, but Amy was burned to death and it sounds like she was mixed up with drugs/crime. I can't understand how she could burn to death and there is so little news about it. That's only 4-1/2 hours away from where Jessica was burned to death. Could there be a connection?

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/sto...omans-body-found-burned-adams-field/23386175/

Does anyone know anything about the Amy Murphy case near Clarksville, TN? I can find very little info, but Amy was burned to death and it sounds like she was mixed up with drugs/crime. I can't understand how she could burn to death and there is so little news about it. That's only 4-1/2 hours away from where Jessica was burned to death. Could there be a connection?

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/sto...omans-body-found-burned-adams-field/23386175/

Thought-provoking first post, Anam.

Welcome!:welcome:

There is a thread for Amy Murphy in the Identified forum. Some discussion there, but not in relation to JC.
[h=1]TN - Amy Leeann Murphy - Burning human remains found in Adams, February 1, 2015[/h]

I think it was discussed here earlier = the similarities but have heard nothing since then.

Darby says it’s important for him to run for sheriff.

“There’s so much corruption and bad going on and we’re after them and we will continue to do that, we’ve made over 1,000 felony arrests for drugs alone. We’ve taken a toll on gangs, we’re going to continue to come after them,” he said.

But, but, but HE was the Sheriff already. He said some odd things. JMO

Oh no!! The best thing that could happen is for Darby to not get reelected! A new face, new person coming in with the Federal, State, and government agencies in town working on the JC case is just what this little corrupt town needs. IMO.

This is new information to me. IIRC, the reports we've heard made it sound like the fire department was still at the house fire and that is why they were able to make such a quick response to the car fire. Another major fact is the person reporting the car fire called the fire chief directly on his cell phone. This person has not been identified, it is like they have gone around in a circle to NOT identify the person.

The fire chief even commented he was at a house fire just a short distance away (not exact words) so he was able to respond quickly. Huh?? If truck/s were back at the station, the story they were close by is a bit different. Or am I the one confused? Again, IIRC, we have never gotten details about this house fire.

It's possible that both are true. More than one truck might have responded to the house fire - one might have returned to the station and the men might be "cleaning up" as in stowing hoses, wiping down the equipment, etc while another truck (and the chief) remained on scene checking hot spots/talking to the occupants of the house/etc.

I can't say that I believe LD about this "snitching".
. I had first considered that a diversionary tactic because I am troubled with finding it credible that JC was paranoid, looking out windows, and then in the same week chooses to drive to the M&M alone, drive to Batesville alone, and the more likely than not choosing to sit in a deserted area in her car at night, possibly alone.... That doesn't add up... If she didn't feel safe in her home, why was she roaming about town? Answer: she did not feel she was in danger that night. Did something suddenly change during the course of that week or did the paranoia not happen to begin with is the question...

:( Her killer still walks free. Every time I come to her thread and see no change I feel so frustrated and sad. :gaah: I hope they don't get away with doing this

. I had first considered that a diversionary tactic because I am troubled with finding it credible that JC was paranoid, looking out windows, and then in the same week chooses to drive to the M&M alone, drive to Batesville alone, and the more likely than not choosing to sit in a deserted area in her car at night, possibly alone.... That doesn't add up... If she didn't feel safe in her home, why was she roaming about town? Answer: she did not feel she was in danger that night. Did something suddenly change during the course of that week or did the paranoia not happen to begin with is the question...
If I was paranoid or feared someone thought I was "snitching" I wouldn't want to travel alone. If I thought some females "bi#%ches" thought I was snitching.....the only way I would feel comfortable outside my home is if I was in the company of other females or another female who I thought would have my back if something popped off.

It just doesn't seem right to me....JC, alone, went to the one spot that night that might bring her face to face with other locals who may have wanted to harm her....M&M the neighborhood hang out....why would she do that? Especially if she was so paranoid? I have a hard time believing that. JMO

If I was paranoid or feared someone thought I was "snitching" I wouldn't want to travel alone. If I thought some females "bi#%ches" thought I was snitching.....the only way I would feel comfortable outside my home is if I was in the company of other females or another female who I thought would have my back if something popped off.

It just doesn't seem right to me....JC, alone, went to the one spot that night that might bring her face to face with other locals who may have wanted to harm her....M&M the neighborhood hang out....why would she do that? Especially if she was so paranoid? I have a hard time believing that. JMO

Maybe she had felt safe in public in the places she was known to be during the timeline, places that had nothing to do with the "snitch" observation her mom made. Maybe Jessica felt especially safe and no less committed to going home even after being in the car with whoever burned her, while she spoke with her mom, or soon after. I keep going back to what about her tone on the phone of promising her mom a world of cleanup can tell about who she was with? We know it had to be in Courtland, maybe someplace other than where she was found. I wonder where her last known ping before the 7:31 pm ping where her car was found could have been in Courtland?

I recalled reading an interview somewhere a while back that involved Dr. Robert Keppel, an accomplished academic with research interests in high-profile murders + investigations, and who also was Chief Investigator in Washington State during at least part of the Green River Killer era...
http://www.newhaven.edu/Faculty-Staff-Profiles/Robert-Keppel/

I can't find a better, more primary source at the moment, so I am quoting from a page on the JonBenet Ramsey case, but the gist of what Dr. Keppel has found over his career experience was this:

"...in over 90% of cases, the name of the offender was in the police files within the first month or so... Thus, it's far more likely than not that the killer is someone already identified by police."

(http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/page/11682520/Theories of the Case)

I too believe they have come across the perpetrator. They just don't have the evidence they need to make a conviction. It makes me sick to know that scum bag is still running the streets.

Criminal enterprises don't like "snitches" because it messes up their drug, prostitution or other illegal trafficking, so money loss would be a reason (irrational). Criminals also don't like "snitches" because then they may end up in jail. Depending on social scene, one may not like someone "snitching" about one's dating choices, like extra-marital or sexual preferences. But since the perpetrator(s) are imo quite unpredictable, "snitching" could be some paranoid delusion from using too many drugs (think Scarface character, Al Pacino). Personally, I think the "snitching" had to do with someone's business activities and there are plenty of individuals that appear to be involved in drug dealing/trade (marijuana, cocaine, crystal meth) if going by SM/articles alone.

Great point, Jessica could have been talking with someone about personal issues. What an easy way to lure someone like Jessica who was making recent positive changes, then by philosophizing about recovery or even God and religion. So profile of a perpetrator may look something like this:
-Christian (or religious) male who knew Jessica enough to know she was religious and family;
-friendly with Jessica (maybe a friend from high school or one ex-BF's friends or Leah's or work acquaintance);
-Drug user and/or dealer- (either crystal meth, cocaine or some other "hard" drug or heavy marijuana, or heavy pharmaceutical user)<- this from southern yankee post on desensitivity OR psychopathic;
-someone who has/had crush on Jessica and has problems with rejection;
-someone who would perceive Jessica to be a snitch (ie Dad works with LE and Jessica is changing life around, or someone drugged out/paranoid).
*note- I think there is more than one perp, but just trying to establish the person who "lured/connection" to get Jessica to point Herron Rd.

I think there are a couple of people that would fit that profile. And would add since there is a lot of SM communication, reading between lines, you know the old saying: thou dost protest too much.

Jmo/

You nailed it BirdycatNY! I really believe you nailed it!

If this is all true, coming from LD, Jessica must've felt as if she wasn't in danger that night with whomever she was meeting. If that's the case, someone she trusted completely is involved with this.

Or her stay at Leah's house gave her a religious perspective (death means going to the arms of God, or something along those lines) so that she was no longer afraid of whoever wanted to harm her.

Websleuths is a victim-friendly forum, and unless they are named as suspects or persons of interest, family members are considered to be victims as well, and cannot be sleuthed here. But just because they are not talked about here, that does not mean that no one shares your belief. I cannot say that I believe they are involved, but I have also not ruled anyone out, including family members, especially perhaps extended members or members through marriages (steps, etc). JMO
This is where my thinking has been for quite awhile now. If so, I think it is drug related, with a powerful drug ring that has people terrified.

I could be "misremembering" but I thought the paranoia was before she went to Leah's house, so Dec. 6th was more than a month later. Is there evidence that she was also paranoid the week before she died? I'm not doubting you - I just don't remember.

I
Excellent points! I would like to clarify though that there is no confirmation "...that the fires were in opposite directions from the FD." (Snip)

I believe it has been established that the house fire was on Carlisle street, which is north of the FD in Courtland, and Jessica's murder scene was on Herron Road, which is west of the FD in Courtland. So although they are not in opposite directions in the strictest sense, if you were headed toward one fire you would be heading away from the other. I'm still having a hard time accepting that the FD had two fires to handle in such a short time frame. Until I find out more details about the house fire, I am classifying it as "suspicious" since it could have diverted the FD away from being in a position to save Jessica's life.

I am a "newbie" to this formum but one thing that has struck me is Jessica being paranoid and frightened of her old crowd. They would have been suspicious of her for several reasons. 1) her father's position at the sheriff's office. 2) Jessica had alternative sentencing after her altercations with her mom. Usually in her old circle of friends, they either pay a fine and/or do jail time, then go right back to their previous criminal ways. Jessica was allowed to go into a "halfway house" of sorts then came out, distancesd herself (somewhat) from her old crowd and obtained a job. That looked different to her old friends, and set off their radar that perhaps she could be snitching. Honestly, she probably wasn't.
About Darby running for re-election, it is personally motivated. He can keep his relatives' arrest downplayed and appear as the good guy if/when Jessica's kille is apprehended.

Edit more typos

Edited due to misspelled words

I

I believe it has been established that the house fire was on Carlisle street, which is north of the FD in Courtland, and Jessica's murder scene was on Herron Road, which is west of the FD in Courtland. So although they are not in opposite directions in the strictest sense, if you were headed toward one fire you would be heading away from the other. I'm still having a hard time accepting that the FD had two fires to handle in such a short time frame. Until I find out more details about the house fire, I am classifying it as "suspicious" since it could have diverted the FD away from being in a position to save Jessica's life.

Skibaboo's map:

No longer have any idea where to look for it, but the fire location seems to me to have been described in a neighborhood above the other side of the land where Jessica's car was parked, about two to five minutes away from the scene, with the three first responders already in their truck when the call came in and others who followed. IIRC, it was never confirmed, the exact address nor the nature of the fire, but for some reason I have the impression it was a kitchen/electrical thing and am probably wrong.

On the Batesville Fire Dept facebook page someone is asking about a fire that took place Dec 6 on Carlisle St

Classito

<snipped>

And I would still be looking at the previous fire issue that night & who is comfortable or has a history of being near/starting fires

Just all moo

This is just my opinion:

If you go back to very early on in our discussions this idea has been proffered before. There are many of these details stored in my backlog of 'hinkies'. But,I choose to keep them close to my chest & go hummmmm :whistle:
:cow:

I'm just gonna put it out there that it may not have been JC that was the paranoid one in her home. IMO there may be mental issues with other members of her family. I have no way to support this without quoting links that are not allowed here. When one person in a home is experiencing issues of their own with their moods, mental state, the filter they use to look at things around them are often skewed. If JC was combative and ended up @Leah's at her Mom's suggesting, then maybe JC had reasons to be somewhat combative. Hope that makes some kind of sense.
The billboards have been placed as far away as Virginia if IRRC. On routes that would potentially reach those traveling to New York. Sorry if I'm wrong on that. Will look for a link.
:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member