MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been lurking here for weeks and thought I would come out of hiding to share this from the Clarion Ledger. http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...or-jessica-chambers-on-her-birthday/22480129/

Welcome! Thank you so much for sharing this because this is by far, the best interview about Jessica to date, that I'm aware of. It does a heart good to read more than a snippet sentence about her and (to me) it means a lot given that it's come from a former boyfriend's mother. Someone who gave Jessica a home for a time and would be in a position to know about an important part of her life.

Thank you. :loveyou:

Yes, thanks Nanadee. I believe her and accept that she may be wearing blinders when it comes to her son, but I applaud her class in not trashing Jessica's family publicly, as they have done to hers, in their search for justice.JMO

I have a question about the autopsy. It has been written that Gracie Gulledge, the coroner from Panola County, performed the autopsy. It has also been written that Jessica died in Memphis. Is it typical for a coroner to go to another jurisdiction to perform an autopsy? Does the location of the crime determine who does the work?

OR was Jessica's body returned to Panola County for the autopsy?

Shortly after she was found by the firefighters, Jessica was flown by emergency medical helicopter to a hospital in Memphis, where she died. Memphis was the closest large city with a well-equipped facility for handling such severe injuries; had Courtland or Batesville or any of the other towns in Panola County had a hospital suited for that treatment, she probably would have gone there.

My thinking is that because Jessica was a resident of Panola County, her injuries occurred in Panola County, and because was returned to Panola County for burial, it makes sense that the Panola County Coroner ended up in charge of her autopsy. Not sure which of these reasons was the deciding factor, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are also medical records as well as an official form (at the very least, a Certificate of Death) that was completed by the doctors in Memphis that was then shared with the Coroner's Office of Panola County in a coordinated effort.

I didn't really follow this case closely when it first broke and am trying to read about it now. Can anyone tell me why half of the stories seem to be from white supremacist and ultra-right wing websites? Like, why are those people going nuts over this particular story when there isn't even any proof the perpetrator is black? It's honestly turning me off from this case a bit.

I didn't really follow this case closely when it first broke and am trying to read about it now. Can anyone tell me why half of the stories seem to be from white supremacist and ultra-right wing websites? Like, why are those people going nuts over this particular story when there isn't even any proof the perpetrator is black? It's honestly turning me off from this case a bit.

Not sure why anything those websites have to say would deter you from anything other than visiting those sites, lol! Those are some creepy places to visit and read, and they have nothing to do WHATSOEVER with the murder of Jessica Chambers. Please don't let it deter you from anything.

Also, in my opinion, those sites have little to do with the truth and more to do with sensationalism and trying to instigate trouble where there is none. :gaah:

Probably acceptable because it is a Christian publication, I guess. But they certainly need an editor. Did they mean what they said, "person of interests" or do they mean persons of interest? Makes a difference, IMO.
No, it's not allowed because it's a "Christian publication". It's a blog, and as such, it's up to the mod's discretion whether or not to allow it. So far, I see no inflammatory, outrageous, or scurrilous comments. So for the time being, it is okay to link to it.

Interesting direct quotes from Theresa Fleming:

[...]

"Jessica was in no gang. Jessica has never been involved in any gang activity. Just because she was with black people and black people embraced her and treated her as one of their own, it didn't automatically mean that she was in a gang," Fleming said.

[...]

"Jessica made bad choices sometimes in the people she chose to be around and in the people she chose to trust. Everyone in this world is not good," Fleming said. "Just because she had a good, kind, caring heart, she expected that from others, but it's not always like that in life. You have bad black people and you have bad white people. There's bad people all throughout this world."

[...]

"Jessica just wanted everyone to like her. She had some issues in her life but God knows she was truly a sweet person. Jessica never saw color, and her heart just wanted everyone to like her," she said. "The black community is not hiding or protecting the killer of Jessica. I swear to you if anyone knew who had did this to Jessica that person would not be safe from the black community."

http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...or-jessica-chambers-on-her-birthday/22480129/

And here, direct quotes from Ben Chambers:

[...]

"I can't even go up front in the offices because they've got all the ATF and FBI and everything up front and they don't want me to see the evidence up there. I understand their point too, they're looking out for my benefit. They don't want me to see things that bring back memories, or see something that maybe I'll think someone had something to do with it and I'll go do something to some innocent person. They're doing everything by the book when it comes to me," Ben Chambers said.

Ben Chambers added, "It's frustrating, though, to see people interviewed by media about the case, and it's hard to believe there's no information out there. They've questioned people that normally know everything about everything, and nobody seems to know anything about this, that's what's so amazing and unbelievable. It's hard. Just waiting on that DNA evidence and stuff like that coming back, that's the hardest part."

After all this, it's about the struggle that the family is currently going through having lost a love one, "I loved my daughter so much and miss her. All these folks can't imagine how this has messed up so many lives. I don't know what she could do to somebody, but if she did something to them, or if she owed them money, I'd have paid it. I'd have done anything for her," added Mr. Chambers

Well the Crossmap article is a slightly altered rewrite of an original Therese Apel article in the Clarion Ledger last December 23, 2014.

The original article:
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/...people-of-interest-in-chambers-case/20807807/

Also, the headline of the Crossmap article is VERY misleading, imo. I prefer to stick with MSM myself.

I knew I had seen the bulk of that article in some mainstream source, but when I looked for the link, I couldnt easily find it. And I agree, the headline is a bit misleading. I did find the quotes from Teresa Rudd Fleming to be enlightening, however, and actually found her believeable, and, I think truthful, at least in her own mind. JMO

Let's assume for a minute that her murder wasn't gang related and was committed by a white person which is conceivable based on too many factors to list. If this were the case, I'm not totally convinced that the RSO living on Herron Rd. and discussed below, can be ruled out as a POI. Initially, WS did a Google drive by and an auto matching the description of a vehicle mentioned in the case is visable in this driveway. Upon a closer inspection, looking in the right hand side of the image, a red gas can is also clearly visible. Keep in mind the discussion below, this guy has been convicted twice for sex related crimes, has multiple aliases and even provides a false address to the sex offender database. Not a first class citizen imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOL View Post
There is a Batesville registered sex offender who falsely used a "Batesville Herron Road street number" as his registered one in a filing. Batesville does not have a "Herron Road".

However, the street name and number which he used is 1.2 miles farther south from the crime scene and on the same, western side of the road. The registered owner of the Courtland property, at one time or another, shared the same surname as the registered sex offender, leading me to believe that perhaps the offender was a family member.

If the offender had stumbled upon Jessica in Batesville, and if he had wanted to provide himself with an alibi, it is conceivable that he could have dumped Jessica at 2352 Herron Road; and a minute later by car, (or 25 minutes by foot) been safely inside that residence.

Of course, this is a highly speculative opinion based solely upon a "false Batesville Herron Road address" but if I were in LE I would be looking at even the most improbable.
GREAT FIND! I did a little digging and publicly available information indicates that he was convicted of sexual offences TWICE in Wisconsin. The first being April of 2005 and the second being in September of 2007! So why move to Mississippi and give a false address which would surly put him in jeopardy for a third offense? The man obviously has a clear record of repeated sexual offenses. Additionally, he uses two different LAST names as aliases. (Women, I understand. Men, really stands out as odd imo)! Think these combined known's would indicate that he is a pretty serious RSO. I've had difficulty subscribing to the many theories being floated out there, but this one has my attention!

Whether her killer was black, white, brown, or purple, I still just do not believe that noone in that town other than the killer(s) knows who murdered Jessica. I do not live in a small town, but have relatives that do, and they know EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING that goes on in town, and they are not busy-bodies. I think that is pretty much the norm for small town life, from what I gather. I do not believe she was killed by someone unknown to her, so someone knows something, imo. WTH is it gonna take to get someone to talk?? All JMO

I knew I had seen the bulk of that article in some mainstream source, but when I looked for the link, I couldnt easily find it. And I agree, the headline is a bit misleading. I did find the quotes from Teresa Rudd Fleming to be enlightening, however, and actually found her believeable, and, I think truthful, at least in her own mind. JMO

BBM. I think LE is putting pressure on certain people and Ms. Fleming is reacting to that pressure and she's interjecting herself back into the case. The question I have is, why?

JMO

Whether her killer was black, white, brown, or purple, I still just do not believe that noone in that town other than the killer(s) knows who murdered Jessica. I do not live in a small town, but have relatives that do, and they know EVERYBODY and EVERYTHING that goes on in town, and they are not busy-bodies. I think that is pretty much the norm for small town life, from what I gather. I do not believe she was killed by someone unknown to her, so someone knows something, imo. WTH is it gonna take to get someone to talk?? All JMO

I come from a small town that has around 1000 inhabitants and I know how quickly rumours and news can spread. If there were only two or three perps, and they didn't talk about it at all to other people (even to those close to them) because they don't want to get caught, there's a good possibility that they have and will keep their little "secret" to themselves. JMO.

BBM. I think LE is putting pressure on certain people and Ms. Fleming is reacting to that pressure and she's interjecting herself back into the case. The question I have is, why?

JMO

Yes, and also, there are people on social networks and other websites that are pointing the finger at them. It's one thing to pretend to ignore those rumours and claims, but I guess that someone had to address it at some point.

I just think that the MSM news agencies have archived the story and those Ultra extremist blogs jumped on it in the shadow of the Michael Brown shooting / demonstrations and thus are getting more traffic.

However, all of the links to MSM news found in the Media Thread should all be working;

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?265079-MS-Jessica-Chambers-19-Panola-County-Dec-2014

Let's assume for a minute that her murder wasn't gang related and was committed by a white person which is conceivable based on too many factors to list. If this were the case, I'm not totally convinced that the RSO living on Herron Rd. and discussed below, can be ruled out as a POI. Initially, WS did a Google drive by and an auto matching the description of a vehicle mentioned in the case is visable in this driveway. Upon a closer inspection, looking in the right hand side of the image, a red gas can is also clearly visible. Keep in mind the discussion below, this guy has been convicted twice for sex related crimes, has multiple aliases and even provides a false address to the sex offender database. Not a first class citizen imo.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOOL View Post
There is a Batesville registered sex offender who falsely used a "Batesville Herron Road street number" as his registered one in a filing. Batesville does not have a "Herron Road".

However, the street name and number which he used is 1.2 miles farther south from the crime scene and on the same, western side of the road. The registered owner of the Courtland property, at one time or another, shared the same surname as the registered sex offender, leading me to believe that perhaps the offender was a family member.

If the offender had stumbled upon Jessica in Batesville, and if he had wanted to provide himself with an alibi, it is conceivable that he could have dumped Jessica at 2352 Herron Road; and a minute later by car, (or 25 minutes by foot) been safely inside that residence.

Of course, this is a highly speculative opinion based solely upon a "false Batesville Herron Road address" but if I were in LE I would be looking at even the most improbable.
GREAT FIND! I did a little digging and publicly available information indicates that he was convicted of sexual offences TWICE in Wisconsin. The first being April of 2005 and the second being in September of 2007! So why move to Mississippi and give a false address which would surly put him in jeopardy for a third offense? The man obviously has a clear record of repeated sexual offenses. Additionally, he uses two different LAST names as aliases. (Women, I understand. Men, really stands out as odd imo)! Think these combined known's would indicate that he is a pretty serious RSO. I've had difficulty subscribing to the many theories being floated out there, but this one has my attention!

Oh my! This is important. Very, very important! My map searches place the addresses, the RSO address and the site of the car fire at the very same spot. Surely LE has investigated this thoroughly. :ohwow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke