MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We can certainly hope that LE has questioned the RSO's in the area. Whoever did this, perhaps that person has been questioned and even suspected, but the evidence collected so far is not enough to bind the person over. I wish we knew the autopsy results and what they were and were not able to find during the autopsy. Did they find any DNA not belonging to Jessica?
Does anyone really believe that a RSO who lives basically right across the road from the site of Jessica's death hasn't been thoroughly checked out? First, he would have to be a complete idiot to kill and leave her pretty much in his front yard, and secondly, LE would be idiots not to check out all known local felons, including and especially RSOs, anytime a young woman goes missing or is murdered. Regardless of what you or I may think of PCSO, the FBI and other agencies are not staffed by idiots. If he did it, they know it. JMO.

ETA - in December, there was a Tom Dees report, maybe on his facebook page, that the MS crime lab is backlogged as much as 90 days.

If the RSO who has listed the actual site address of Jessica's burning as his own address is not involved, then someone burned the car and JC there knowing that info. It's too much of a coincidence. Someone posted here at WS this man would have to walk a little over a mile home (if he walked away), [color="ff000"] but if you google the addresses on Google maps, they are the same spot.[/color] What is the relevance of that fact? Involved or someone set it up to look that way. IMO.

my last post #220 is in regards to above.

bbm

Please keep in mind that addresses provided by Google Maps -- and then the corresponding Street View images -- are not always accurate. A much better approach in accepting these data is to use the Street View "compass" to locate corresponding mailbox numbers.

Thus in the case of the above quote, you will discover that "the actual site address of Jessica's burning as his own address..." is really not true. His address is 1.2 miles SW of the crime scene -- ie. farther down Herron, and on the same side of the road. Also, the RSO listed that Herron Rd address as a Batesville address for his residence yet Batesville does not have a Herron Road.

Is all of this damning evidence, or merely peculiar coincidence?

IMO, it is the latter until someone can provide far more convincing relevance.

Before I post, I would like confirmation that it is within TOS to discuss by name, those convicted of sexually related crimes living in the immediate area. Otherwise, I will leave out name(s) but post facts.

Questions and comments about TOS should be addressed to a moderator or administrator in a private message. Do not post your questions and comments in the thread, the rules. We cannot possibly read each post.

Questions and comments about TOS should be addressed to a moderator or administrator in a private message. Do not post your questions and comments in the thread, the rules. We cannot possibly read each post.

Bessie, Not sure if your settings allow me to send it to you, would you please check? I've sent it twice but it's not showing as sent.

Bessie, Not sure if your settings allow me to send it to you, would you please check? I've sent it twice but it's not showing as sent.

NineMilly (and anyone else who's encountered confusion with this) - there is an option you can check that allows you to save a copy of each sent private message. Below the text box of your typed message, this option should be listed along with about 2-3 other options. Hope that helps!

Please keep in mind that addresses provided by Google Maps -- and then the corresponding Street View images -- are not always accurate. A much better approach in accepting these data is to use the Street View "compass" to locate corresponding mailbox numbers.

Thus in the case of the above quote, you will discover that "the actual site address of Jessica's burning as his own address..." is really not true. His address is 1.2 miles SW of the crime scene -- ie. farther down Herron, and on the same side of the road. Also, the RSO listed that Herron Rd address as a Batesville address for his residence yet Batesville does not have a Herron Road.

This is key + you can test it out well by using your own current or past address(es) - some of mine are spot-on, but another has showed my childhood house address to be more than three houses down the street! Google's map imaging relative to address # is NOT always precise but considering the scope of geographical info, it is still an excellent resource.

Does anyone know the original source or rationale for the address # given as to where Jessica + her car were located?

If we really want to get to the bottom of who owns or may reside on the lot of land where Jessica was found, the way to do this is not through Google imaging + white pages info but more likely through Panola County property tax assessor records. I'm not sure how up-to-date any online information would be or whether Panola County has this database available online.

Land is divided up into parcels and the ownership of each parcel, as well as its bounds, are defined and recorded. If it's actually city/town land, that should be on record as well...

Of course not every case can get coverage, but the cases that do get national media attention are not chosen randomly. The victim's appearance and background does play a big role in how much media coverage a story gets. I definitely believe that Hannah Graham's background played a role in why her case got so much media coverage. It couldn't be the camera footage, because Carlesha Freeland Gaither's abduction was actually caught on camera, and didn't get as much attention. If that was the reason, I would expect Carlesha's case to be a bigger deal, and it wasn't.

I disagree. The video of Hannah being followed was on national media and Freeland-Gaither's abduction and the fact she was found alive three days later was on national news so I have no idea why you think it wasn't covered. This case was on national news and there was a story about the Governor's comments was in my local newspaper.

JMO

Does anyone really believe that a RSO who lives basically right across the road from the site of Jessica's death hasn't been thoroughly checked out? First, he would have to be a complete idiot to kill and leave her pretty much in his front yard, and secondly, LE would have to be idiots not to check out all known local felons, including and especially RSOs, anytime a young woman goes missing or is murdered. Regardless of what you or I may think of PCSO, the FBI and other agencies are not staffed by idiots. If he did it, they know it. JMO.

You raise good points. Also, LE know whether JC was sexually assaulted and I think RSOs would be a priority if so.

JMO

[...]

Does anyone know the original source or rationale for the address # given as to where Jessica + her car were located?

To the best of my knowledge, the Dec 9 issue of the Panolian used "3448 Herron Road" as the correct address for the crime scene. (Google Street View on the other hand uses 2352. Google also uses 2364 as the Street View address for the ROWSEY property on the opposite side of the road, facing the crime scene. Taken altogether Street View produces the same image (on my computer) for all three addresses.

Your suggestion to examine the Courtland Tax Assessors database might provide a map detail on subdivision lots, especially the intersection of Herron Road and lower Courtney Village Drive (ie the ROWSEY sign, opposite the crime scene).

However I see no need to provide an exact name or address to the area, and I believe that WS frowns upon sleuthing everything to that sort of clarity. At least that is how things have been pointed out to me.

Was it ever verified that Jessica did indeed have a fight with someone the last week before her murder or is that rumor? It's been discussed quite a bit but I cant remember if it was actually verified to be true.

I recall that the M&M store clerk AA was asked about it during an interview, and said on camera that he was not working that morning. I guess this is not verification, but it at least confirms that many had heard about such a fight.
Was it ever verified that Jessica did indeed have a fight with someone the last week before her murder or is that rumor? It's been discussed quite a bit but I cant remember if it was actually verified to be true.

Is anyone able to find a link to a searchable database of Panola County MS Tax assessments? I looked and was unable to find it. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

To the best of my knowledge, the Dec 9 issue of the Panolian used "3448 Herron Road" as the correct address for the crime scene. (Google Street View on the other hand uses 2352. Google also uses 2364 as the Street View address for the ROWSEY property on the opposite side of the road, facing the crime scene. Taken altogether Street View produces the same image (on my computer) for all three addresses.

Your suggestion to examine the Courtland Tax Assessors database might provide a map detail on subdivision lots, especially the intersection of Herron Road and lower Courtney Village Drive (ie the ROWSEY sign, opposite the crime scene).

However I see no need to provide an exact name or address to the area, and I believe that WS frowns upon sleuthing everything to that sort of clarity. At least that is how things have been pointed out to me.

IMO, this perpetrator has a history of violence. So hasn't there been any DNA or phone forensics done? Has the local sexual offenders been interviewed & investigated?

This is a crime of great magnitude & not this perp's first rodeo.

That alone should narrow down the pool of suspects. I would also include anyone that has a penchant for fire. Or is comfortable around it.

I can only hope that hard-pressing interviewing, investigating, combined with elements of scientific forensic investigating is going on.

RIP JC

You deserved better....

Moo

{....also include anyone that has a penchant for fire.} ATasteOfHoney, what examples would you use to describe that -- would it be arson, brush fires, etc.?

However I see no need to provide an exact name or address to the area, and I believe that WS frowns upon sleuthing everything to that sort of clarity. At least thatis how things have been pointed out to me.

BBM - I generally agree, and have no interest in sleuthing the owner of that particular lot nor do I assume that owner is responsible for what happened. I think it would be helpful to have an answer to these questions, though:
1) Is that land private or public?
2) If that land is private, is it commercially owned or is it part of a larger residential parcel?
3) What is the actual street address recorded for that plot of land? My guess is it would be a range (i.e. odd #s 2341-2551).

If anything, it would be nice to know the actual numerical address assigned because it'd help to eliminate further speculation of who is actually associated with that address.

Is anyone able to find a link to a searchable database of Panola County MS Tax assessments? I looked and was unable to find it. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

I had looked a while back because this crossed my mind before, but couldn't find a searchable online database, either... I think that the information probably is not online but can be found with a call or visit to the appropriate office.

Nope, not verified as far as I know.

{....also include anyone that has a penchant for fire.} ATasteOfHoney, what examples would you use to describe that -- would it be arson, brush fires, etc.?

www.drtomoconnor.com/4050/4050lect04a.htm
Mar 5, 2012 - No arsonist shows remorse, but only the pyromaniac lacks conscious ... Most psychological profiles are drawn from clinical assessments of ...

Check out the link above; especially the interview of an arsonist.
Also, facts given in link for the profile of those that commit crimes via fire.

www.drtomoconnor.com/4050/4050lect04a.htm
Mar 5, 2012 - No arsonist shows remorse, but only the pyromaniac lacks conscious ... Most psychological profiles are drawn from clinical assessments of ...

Check out the link above; especially the interview of an arsonist.
Also, facts given in link for the profile of those that commit crimes via fire.

Interesting fact from your link:

It has been found that arsonists and firesetters have co-occurring psychopathologies, such as antisocial behavior, sexual promiscuity, substance abuse, and cigarette smoking;

Do you realize how close the house that backs up to Main St. is to the car wash? There are no buildings between it and the car wash. You can see the car wash from the back of the house, completely unimpeded view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc