MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The following information is based on information from public records. Nothing has been published to indicate that JC was the victim of a sexual assault. Likewise, nothing has been published to indicate that JC was not the victim of a sexual assault. I, along with other WS posters have suggested that the pouring of a flammable substance down JC's mouth, throat, nose, car, etc. was an attempt to eliminate evidence of any kind, including possible evidence of an sexual assault. When considering sexual assault as an aspect of this case, it is prudent to vet local registered sex offenders. This has led me to two RSO's. The label RSO #1 and RSO #2 do not reflect whom I suspect to be higher up on the POI list. I have zero doubt that LE, including the alphabet crews have looked into this information but I haven't seen it posted on WS, so I thought that it is worth noting for WS'ers to discuss.

RSO #1
Convicted of the sex offense of Carnal knowledge of a juvenile who allowed himself to be interviewed at the M&M a day or so after the crime. He is at the end of this video. http://www.clarionledger.com/media/c...ideo/20235989/

I'm starting with RSO #1 because he allowed himself to be interviewed at the M&M gas station shortly after the crime occurred. In this interview, the RSO either intentionally or unintentionally makes a statement that is simply not true

According to the RSO database, RSO #1 has an address published as #### Herron subdivision, which is an actual road that intersects Main St. The house number given in the RSO database does not correspond to an actual house. But with the published address, if it is real, he lives about 0.6 miles from the scene of the crime. He also claims in this media interview to be a lifelong Courtland resident. The problem is, in actuality, he has lived in West Monroe, Louisiana which also happens to be where he was convicted of the sex offense.

RSO #2
Uses three aliases as first names and two different last names. Not that this means a thing, but the first name he uses is the same first name as JC's brother. Last known address is #### HERRON ROAD, Batesville, MS 38606. This address is 1.2 miles SW of the crime scene but on the same side of the road that JC and her burning car were found. Also, RSO #2 listed an address in the city of Batesville yet Batesville does not have a Herron Road. Furthermore, RSO#2's residence can be seen using the Google drive feature. In his driveway is a vehicle fitting the general description of one being sought. Even more interesting is that upon a closer look, you can clearly see a red gas can out in the open.

RSO #2 moved from Eau Claire/Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin which is where his two sex offense convictions took place. According to published records, he has lived in Sardis, Courtland, and Senatobia, Mississippi.

RSO #2 Has convictions in (Clark County, Wisconsin - Case Number 2004CF000119). These convictions are for the crime of 3rd Degree Sexual Assault. Wisconsin lists this offense as a class G felony.

This felony is defined in Wisconsin Statutes 940.225(3) as for the purpose of sexually degrading or humiliating the complainant or sexually arousing or gratifying the defendant, intentionally causing the complainant to ejaculate or emit urine or feces on any part of the defendant's body, whether clothed or unclothed.

Additionally, third degree sexual assault is defined by Wisconsin as whoever has sexual intercourse with a person without the consent of that person is guilty of a Class G felony. Whoever has sexual contact in the manner described in sub. (5) (b) 2. or 3. with a person without the consent of that person is guilty of a Class G felony.

Originally RSO #2 was sentenced to 235 days in jail and ordered to have no contact with SIX individuals. However, his Probation was revoked on 09-06-2007 and was then sentenced to 4.6 – 5 years in prison.

Currently, RSO #2 is described as being under Active community Supervision by unit 507 Neillsville Region Unit which is located in Neillsville, WI. His maximum discharge date is 12-4-2015. Somewhat troubling is that I was unable to find any supervision information as it pertains to the Mississippi DOC.

The above information is factual, I have not attempted to draw any conclusions. However, I think many could be suggested. I'll leave that for the WS'ers for now and I may chime in on my own thoughts about the facts as posted above. (*note, I had some behind the scenes help from fellow Sluether's and I can't thank them enough for the help!)

Thanks for all the research. Someone mentioned that there is a house just to the west of the car wash and not only would that house have a possible view if Jessica stopped at that car wash but it also would have heard the fire trucks depart for the earlier fire. In fact, many houses nearby would have heard the fire truck depart. I have to wonder now if that factored into where Jessica was found and the fact that a flammable liquid was used. The killer wanted the fire dept. summoned and it is a volunteer fire department.

I'm curious if any addresses on Well St. captured your attention. There is a home and acreage at 33 Wells St. that was just put on the market for $350,000. It's a fairly new home and seems to be in Courtland's high end price range. January is an unusual time of year to place a house on the market because of the weather and also children are in school.

JMO

Great find, southernyankee -- That at least explains from where 3448 derived! (IMHO, the "3448" is an obvious mistake: all Herron addresses on the western side of Herron are odd numbered, not even, as in the picture). It is interesting to note that the Google Street View "April 2014" image of the crime scene shows that hand-numbered 3448 so one must assume that the "owner of record" placed that sign in existence. This may contradict my even/odd comment. I need to examine all this again so I may be modifying this post later.

ETA: After having driven the Google Street Views again for the umpteenth time, it baffles me now why the crime scene has a sign with an even number; it ought to be an odd number to maintain consistent with the other addresses on the west side of Herron.

Now I'm confused. I though Herron Rd. is an extension of Main St., which runs east-west and that Jessica was found on the south side which is the same side the Fire House is located? The car wash is on the north side.

I regularly correspond with some of my Dad’s old buddies, all ex-DEA. One of them sent me the following link during a discussion of wiretapping:
http://www.ticklethewire.com/2015/01/20/the-fbi-and-drugs/

As you can see, the FBI has extensive experience in the field of electronic surveillance, along with a lot of other world-class capabilities such as: forensics, profiling, interviewing suspects, cyber investigations, etc. With that in mind, and the FBI's involvement in this case, it seems to me that the murderer (or murderers) of Jessica Chambers is totally outclassed, sort of like a checkers player facing a team of chess grand masters.

The FBI is not only smart, but they’re tenacious -- I’m thinking of the Whitey Bulger case, in which an organized crime figure was tracked down by the FBI after hiding from them for 17 years. They are probably monitoring this blog right now, may even have a federal court order for a wiretap, to find out who various visitors are, especially lurkers who never comment on the blogs but nevertheless have high rates of hits at all hours of the day and night. Might be the perpetrator(s) only source of information about what is going on with the investigation…

:jail:

Great find, southernyankee -- That at least explains from where 3448 derived! (IMHO, the "3448" is an obvious mistake: all Herron addresses on the western side of Herron are odd numbered, not even, as in the picture). It is interesting to note that the Google Street View "April 2014" image of the crime scene shows that hand-numbered 3448 so one must assume that the "owner of record" placed that sign in existence. This may contradict my even/odd comment. I need to examine all this again so I may be modifying this post later.

ETA: After having driven the Google Street Views again for the umpteenth time, it baffles me now why the crime scene has a sign with an even number; it ought to be an odd number to remain consistent with the other addresses on the west side of Herron.

Seriously, that made me scratch my head, too, for the same reasons. Is there any way that sign was meant to mean anything OTHER than an address #? That seems so weird + counterintuitive, I know...

'nother thought: if the property is big enough, there could be another entrance/pathway further up where the road turns into another street? And the little sign is meant to show it's all part of the same? Gaaah, I don't know.

At any rate, I do believe that sign is the source of the rationale for the address of the crime scene being 3448 Herron Road.

Let's hope that there is a great turnout at the service today for Jessica. Perhaps this will be a catalyst for some updated MSM reports. Surely the local stations will at least cover it. We need justice for this poor young lady.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/27954409/jessica-chambers-candlelight-vigil-planned-for-jan-31

Agreed.

Candlelight vigil planned to remember Jessica Chambers' birthday
Updated: Jan 31, 2015 11:59 AM EST

Jessica Chambers: An Interactive Timeline of Events
from WMCActionnews5
Birthday Vigil From FB.png

Now I'm confused. I though Herron Rd. is an extension of Main St., which runs east-west and that Jessica was found on the south side which is the same side the Fire House is located? The car wash is on the north side.

I wouldn't get too confused by different ways of explaining directions. You are correct: Herron Road is an extension of Main St.

The way I see things at the moment goes like this:

• If you place a Street View image of the car wash on the right side of your screen and the Courtland Baptist Church on the left, you will be looking at the railroad crossing, then the Volunteer Fire Dept. (on left), and then be heading along Main St toward the top of your screen .
  • Cross over the RR and continue ahead until you come to the intersection of Court St; however continue forward, on Main.
  • At the stop sign, bear left (ignoring the Wells Road which is on the right).
  • You will still be on Main, and you will pass by "Herron Street Subdivision" (on left)
  • The next street on your left will be (upper) Courtland Village Dr. Ignore that and continue ahead on Main.
  • The next left hand landmark is the turnout at the crime scene. Google appears to place it at the intersection of the "(lower) Courtland Village Drive" dirt road, and green gate.
  • Directly across from it ( and on the right of your screen) is the ROWSEY green gate and white sign.
  • At this point, Google now renames Main St. into Herron Road.

You mention north, south, east, west....

It is probably better to understand the crime scene in more specific compass delineation in this case such as southwest, northeast, NNE, SSW but that gets rather tedious.

Yeah, I'm a little confused, too. So Herron Road DOES appear to be an extension of Main Street, yes - and while it generally runs east-west, it kinda goes more southwest - northeast (especially the further you get from Main Street). But if you are looking at the road as a whole and following the #s along Herron Road, any property on the map that appears above (northernly) the road, should have an odd address #, and those properties located under (southernly) the road should have an even address #.

I was under the impression that Jessica was found on the NORTH side of the road, and I am including a ridiculously zoomed in bird's eye view map here to illustrate this point. The yellow box is where I believe her car was found. Between the two squiggly pink lines - look REAL CLOSE - is the gate. If you look at this location I marked relative to the labeled Courtney Village Drive, this is the northern side of Herron Road. (We are looking at the road that if we were heading up on the image, we'd be heading west on the road. Main Street would be behind us.)

I feel reasonably certain of this map, but would really welcome other input and clarifying...
View attachment 68536
You are looking at the wrong side of Herron Road. The area you have marked is the entrance to Rowsey Tree Farm.

Everyone - you might wanna try using Bing Maps instead of Google Maps - not only does it appear that they are updated for 2015, but the clarity for bird's eye view is better and you can pivot direction well.

You are looking at the wrong side of Herron Road. The area you have marked is the entrance to Rowsey Tree Farm.

Oh, shoot... really really? Let me look again. So Jessica and her car were found on the other side of where i marked? Then that WOULD be an even-numbered address, and that's correct. The area overlays what is marked as "Courtney Village Drive"... is that where you are referring to? I am going to see if I can get a better image...

Yeah, I'm a little confused, too. So Herron Road DOES appear to be an extension of Main Street, yes - and while it generally runs east-west, it kinda goes more southwest - northeast (especially the further you get from Main Street). But if you are looking at the road as a whole and following the #s along Herron Road, any property on the map that appears above (northernly) the road, should have an odd address #, and those properties located under (southernly) the road should have an even address #.

I was under the impression that Jessica was found on the NORTH side of the road, and I am including a ridiculously zoomed in bird's eye view map here to illustrate this point. The yellow box is where I believe her car was found. Between the two squiggly pink lines - look REAL CLOSE - is the gate. If you look at this location I marked relative to the labeled Courtney Village Drive, this is the northern side of Herron Road. (We are looking at the road that if we were heading up on the image, we'd be heading west on the road. Main Street would be behind us.)

I feel reasonably certain of this map, but would really welcome other input and clarifying...
View attachment 68536

I think we are all on the same page. It's the N-S-E-W that's confusing us. East of the crime scene is US 51 (in the distance) and West is US 35.

I wouldn't get too confused by different ways of explaining directions. You are correct: Herron Road is an extension of Main St.

The way I see things at the moment goes like this:

• If you place a Street View image of the car wash on the right side of your screen and the Courtland Baptist Church on the left, you will be looking at the railroad crossing, then the Volunteer Fire Dept. (on left), and then be heading along Main St toward the top of your screen .
  • Cross over the RR and continue ahead until you come to the intersection of Court St; however continue forward, on Main.
  • At the stop sign, bear left (ignoring the Wells Road which is on the right).
  • You will still be on Main, and you will pass by "Herron Street Subdivision" (on left)
  • The next street on your left will be (upper) Courtland Village Dr. Ignore that and continue ahead on Main.
  • The next left hand landmark is the turnout at the crime scene. Google appears to place it at the intersection of the "(lower) Courtland Village Drive" dirt road, and green gate.
  • Directly across from it ( and on the right of your screen) is the ROWSEY green gate and white sign.
  • At this point, Google now renames Main St. into Herron Road.

You mention north, south, east, west....

It is probably better to understand the crime scene in more specific compass delineation in this case such as southwest, northeast, NNE, SSW but that gets rather tedious.

Yes, that is the way I thought it was. The road is hilly, winds a lot and trees grow fairly close to the road on both sides. I did a google walking tour past the turnout where Jessica was found. I then turned around and headed back east. The road clearly goes uphill and the turnout is around a curve. It can't be seen until you are right on it. It would have been very, very difficult to see Jessica's car prior to it being set on fire. Whomever put it there was very familiar with that location and how difficult it would be to see anything prior to the start of the fire.

I wonder now if Jessica was assaulted at a nearby location--and after the fire truck siren sounded and the killer knew the fire truck was dispatched away from the area--her car was driven there, parked and then Jessica's body placed in it.

It would be interesting to find out where the first fire was located and if it, too, was set. Quite a coincidence that there would be two fires close enough together that the same firefighters would still be in the field.

JMO

Updating the earlier post with revised images - they should be correct now, but I'm not sure if the thumbnail has updated accordingly, so about to post anew... If you click on the image(s), the two that will come up should now be accurate + you can see in more detail.

So Herron Road DOES appear to be an extension of Main Street, yes - and while it generally runs east-west, it kinda goes more southwest - northeast (especially the further you get from Main Street). But if you are looking at the road as a whole and following the #s along Herron Road, any property on the map that appears above (northernly) the road, should have an odd address #, and those properties located under (southernly) the road should have an even address #.

REVISED: Here is a map with locations + relative directions marked. Please remember that this view is like looking at the map upside-down - instead of a North as Top orientation, South is top in this view. Photo as of January 2015.
herronroad.jpg

And here is the streetscape view, as of April 2014:
streetview.jpg

Callers can remain anonymous, but good luck collecting all of the tip money if you remain anonymous. How would they know who to write the check out to lol? But seriously, in order to lead to the arrest and conviction of the perp, one would either A) need to provide physical evidence linking the perp to the murder, or b) have firsthand knowledge that would corroborate with evidence found at the crime scene. Either way, the informant would have to testify. How can a person testify and remain anonymous? Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. In order to get all of the reward money for snitching, you have to do it big, get on stand, and testify. There are paid informants in every city of every state in the US, who provide their services in an undercover manner in order to gain evidence against other perps. These people can only remain anon for so long...
I can see this as turning into another beating the dead horse scenario, and I haven't even finished reading past post 266, so I will go back to catching up, but that's my two cents. If it is possible for a person to successfully lead to the arrest and conviction of another person and receive over 50 grand all while remaining completely anonymous in a town as small as Courtland MS, then I sincerely hope that will happen. I'm skeptical, though.

I think all posters have the standard language but the media isn't emphasizing arrest and conviction, all they are emphasizing is the information and anonymity.

If the tipper is a family member, their anonymity would be protected even if there is a trial. In a rural community this would be important because it seems everybody is somehow tied to everybody else by relationships of some kind.

Anyone with information is encouraged to call the ATF at 662-513-2140 or use the ATF Hotline at 1-888-ATF-FIRE (1-888-283-3473). Callers can remain anonymous.

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/27919326/atf-adds-10k-to-jessica-chambers-reward

www.drtomoconnor.com/4050/4050lect04a.htm
Mar 5, 2012 - No arsonist shows remorse, but only the pyromaniac lacks conscious ... Most psychological profiles are drawn from clinical assessments of ...

Check out the link above; especially the interview of an arsonist.
Also, facts given in link for the profile of those that commit crimes via fire.

Thanks for the interesting article ATOH.

From the article,
"...but the common denominator is that they take enjoyment out of seeing things destroyed by fire or burning...Adult arson is usually a product of vanity or egocentricity..."You know, I can point to music videos and certain TV shows which helped give me ideas""(from interview)

I think there are a few people (from SM and MSM articles) that appear "fascinated by fire" and particular individual(s) that seem quite "attention-seeking/pathological" if we go by SM, interviews, etc. This article made me think more about why/how perpetrator(s) may be acting right now. If Jessica were killed by certain "egocentric" individual(s), how would they act on SM etc? Maybe they would post little clues in their SM msgs, i.e. arson videos and "taunt" on SM (I recently read a really derogatory msg about Jessica from one of the more interesting list of characters). This leads me to think that if perpetrator(s) murdered Jessica out of rage, jealousy, agenda, power-control issues, "message" motive, then they may out themselves. If no one knows what the "message" is, then it defeats one of their purposes (i.e. they may want "credit" for murdering Jessica, as sick as it may be). If this isn't gang-related/lover's quarrel, but some message, well, depending on the "message" I think that perpetrator(s) will potentially end up with some terrorism-related charge(s) in addition to murder charge(s). Idk/

Another interesting aspect is "serial arsonist" and it seems like it's possible given the fact there was another fire that day. If that's the case, then it may be one individual who is fascinated by fire, and not discussing it on SM/anywhere. Or if drug-induced accident/murder or crime-cover up and the fire is secondary, then it could be gang-related like initiation and not discussing it either. Anyway, good article. Always Jmo.

RIP Jessica

It is interesting to note that if you continue driving farther out of town on Herron toward Benson Road, the left side of your screen opens into cultivated fields. Meanwhile if you locate the Rowsey farm buildings via Google satellite image, they too appear to be on the left side of your screen.

However since the Rowsey white sign is on the right side of the screen (or on the more-westerly side of Herron, where there are woodlands mostly), it leads me to believe that perhaps Rowsey owns both sides of Herron. After all, both gates appear to be of the same color, manufacturer, installation, and circa. Also, Rowsey is listed as an entrepreneur of agricultural lands as well as tree farming.

Of course,...none of this is relevant.

When did LE confirm/deny if JC was sexually assaulted? I am not being snarky, either, I have been out of the loop and am just now reading through this thread. Work has been keeping me away and if LE has stated their knowledge of a possible sexual assault, this would be huge, IMO.

You raise good points. Also, LE know whether JC was sexually assaulted and I think RSOs would be a priority if so.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members