MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fire station was not staffed full time. There was a dispatch system to call people in when needed.
The car wash probably still was available 24/7 and kept lights on so unsavory characters wouldn't hang out there. Plus it was right across from the fire station.

Are the railroad tracks single or double? Can you tell?

First mention I have heard about cigarettes being bought...

Jessica was the only child Ben and Lisa had together...

Classito

You both make excellent points. Another scenario that I have witnessed time and time again, is a family member, usually a girlfriend/mother/baby's mother/wife, being convinced by their loved one (the perp-boyfriend/son/baby's father/husband)' to go to LE, give the information that they are told by their loved one, in exchange for the reward money. In those instances, the perps knew that they were going down, it was just a matter of time, and they would rather the reward $ go to their loved ones to support their own family, as opposed to an enemy on the street who would get paid to 'snitch'. In one case in particular, the reward $ was about half of what we are dealing with here. The perp (eventually convicted), had to essentially force his baby's mother to rat on him, he told her exactly what to say in order to get him convicted of a lesser crime, and the check was cut, so to speak, and his kids were taken care of for a while. It's crooked as hell, but it does happen, and perhaps in this case, if the heat is on strong enough, someone might come to the same conclusion as this other perp did in the past.

IMO I always see the reward money as a sort of carrot and stick tool. I would have no idea if anyone ever collected the reward - I doubt it would be made known to the public. But I can see it being useful, as the reward goes up and becomes more tempting, someone might just open up and either snitch or try to get someone else with them and maybe implicate themselves. After all, who can really comply with the specific " information leading to the arrest and conviction" Or "to the safe return of ..." without being involved to some degree?

:cow:

And my point is that it isn't an attorney who testifies what a confidential informant tells him. It is an LE officer.

JMO

Yes, it is the LE officer, who can provide no specifics about the informant, who is then described by the defense attorney as a possible inmate looking for time off of their sentence, a co-conspirator looking for a break, a crackhead who does not know left from right, or a known offender with a record who cannot be trusted. Truth be told, most CI's who are on LE payroll have loooooong rap sheets of their own, which makes things tricky in court. In comes reasonable doubt...

I have a hard time believing a major portion of what we have for background data on just about everything in this murder.

For example, Lisa Daugherty claims that she sent Jessica out on a cigarette mission sometime around 5 or 5:30pm. Then she says, they spoke at 6:48pm.

First of all, sunset on Dec. 6 was 4:55 pm. Jessica's car pulled into M&M at 6:39 pm. It was dark.

But one half hour after sunset (or 5:30 pm) the skies are not dark; they are diming gray. (Perform an experiment and one will see that I am right.)

The sort of darkness visible to us in the M&M video as Jessica pulls into the gas pumps suggests more like the actual footage time on the CCTV: 6:39 pm.

So the question is: Why does Lisa Daugherty claim 5 to 5:30 pm? The answer could be that Jessica actually did leave the house at 5 or 5:30; and consequently there is an hour before Jessica arrives at M&M.

This may be why Lisa then calls Jessica at 6:48 pm. Lisa may be annoyed, and may want to know why her daughter has taken almost an hour and a half to return with cigarettes on a mission which ought to have taken less than 10 minutes.

"Thanks" is not enough for this. Amen, you read my mind, and for the love of God can we please get an actual timeline from LE! But yes, thanks again, ZOOL :scared:

I just don't see an hour elapsing before Jessica arrived at the M&M. What could she have done in that time that would result in her death after she left the gas station? Nothing fits.

Finally, MyBelle, we agree 100% on something!:loveyou: I agree with ZOOL also here, as I think after daylight savings passed is a bit long to still be oblivious of a time change (most phones and computers do this automatically also, btw), but just as you stated, if this is the case, what happened in the hour after she left home before going to M&M? And then to be murdered after? NOTHING makes SENSE to me anymore. :gaah:

Everything I have read has Jessica leaving a little after 6...

"Jessica left home a little after 6 p.m. She never returned."
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2014/12/10/authorities-jessica-chambers-last-hours/20196555/

I haven't set my clock back either...but I know its an hour ahead when I look at it..

Classito

I agree, but in the interview LC did with I❤️Radio, she was more vague about the times. In addition to this confusion, MSM has published a MYRIAD of conflicting reports. It's almost like they had a low-wow and was like, 'ok, we are going to say this, then you guys post this, the the other guys need to publish this'. It's mostly similar, but rarely the same. Frustrating, to say the least.

Jessica was the only child Ben and Lisa had together...

Classito

U should check out the interview LC did with one of the owners of WS on I❤️radio. There is a link somewhere in the media thread I think... Go to the archives & check it out. LC mentions sending JC out to buy her cigs. Not much other productive/informative information came from that interview IMO, but it's worth listening to.

A distant family member's death was ruled a suicide in a vehicle fire death. This was despite the person having pulled him from the vehicle being the person that the dead man's wife ended up running off with and who helped her run through an over million dollar insurance payout while her children went to live with other family members and got nothing. It wouldn't be all that surprising if Jessica's case were ruled a suicide and no further investigation were done.

A distant family member's death was ruled a suicide in a vehicle fire death. This was despite the person having pulled him from the vehicle being the person that the dead man's wife ended up running off with and who helped her run through an over million dollar insurance payout while her children went to live with other family members and got nothing. It wouldn't be all that surprising if Jessica's case were ruled a suicide and no further investigation were done.

Sounds awful, so sorry for the kids. Hope things catch up with the perps, somehow.

Wasn't Jessica supposed to buy cigarettes for her mother when she left the house on Saturday?

U should check out the interview LC did with one of the owners of WS on I❤️radio. There is a link somewhere in the media thread I think... Go to the archives & check it out. LC mentions sending JC out to buy her cigs. Not much other productive/informative information came from that interview IMO, but it's worth listening to.

Thank you for verifying the source of this information. Did Lisa say she sent Jessica to buy her cigarettes when she left on Saturday? If that's the case, why wouldn't Jessica purchase them at the M&M store when she purchased gas?

Yes, it is the LE officer, who can provide no specifics about the informant, who is then described by the defense attorney as a possible inmate looking for time off of their sentence, a co-conspirator looking for a break, a crackhead who does not know left from right, or a known offender with a record who cannot be trusted. Truth be told, most CI's who are on LE payroll have loooooong rap sheets of their own, which makes things tricky in court. In comes reasonable doubt...

Calls into the reward tip line are anonymous. The testifying LE officer would not know the identity of the tipster any more than the defense would know. As far as confidential informants, I think juries usually do trust and find credible the testimony of LE who maintain the relationship with their CI.

JMO

<snip>
Classito

Wasn't Jessica supposed to buy cigarettes for her mother when she left the house on Saturday?

<snip>
Did Lisa say she sent Jessica to buy her cigarettes when she left on Saturday? If that's the case, why wouldn't Jessica purchase them at the M&M store when she purchased gas?

Article from Dec11,2011(note:there have been many subsequent articles that give various accounts of that evening i.e.sometimes sequencing/ordering & or quotes/wording of individuals/events differ)

Jessica's final moments before she was burned alive in horror attack: CCTV shows teen smiling and waving just 90 minutes before she was doused in lighter fluid and set alight, as local man, 31, Derrick Turner has been quizzed over the murder

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...st-90-minutes-burned-alive.html#ixzz3QTnWADF8
<Snipped>
Convenience store manager Ali Fadhel said Chambers came in frequently and he would often speak with her.
He told The Associated Press that Chambers spoke with someone before entering the store to purchase gas.
On her way out, Chambers got a call on her cellphone, Fadhel said.
After she pumped gas, she (Jessica) re-entered the store, bought cigarettes, and drove away, heading south on Highway 51, he (Ali)said.

None of the videos I saw showed her re-enter the store...

I kinda go with the first interview times she gave...While her mind was fresh and she wasn't worried about what she said...

Just listened to the radio interview...

* Jessica did not go to Leah's House due to boyfriend abusing her...She was forced to go to avoid an arrest for assaulting her mom...She begged to get out while there..and she got her mom to get her an early release..This does not sound like someone who was wanting to turn her life around..(my opinion)

* Mother stated time of Jessica leaving was 5 or 5:30 instead of after 6 as stated in earlier reports...She talked to her on phone from 6:48 to after 7:00..a 15 to 20 minute call with about 5 minutes of conversation...?

* Lisa had a long hesitation before answering the question if Jessica was buying cigarettes for her...The mother said the cigarettes she was buying was for her...(I did not see Jessica purchasing cigarettes at gas station)

Classito

This is the thing I fear more than any other outcome. The fact that it was immediately ruled homicide tells me something forced them to declare it such. Whatever the evidence was that led them to believe so is protected and has not been released. Supressing that evidence would be too easy to accomplish and would tie things too messy to clean up oh so easily. Every time I see a suicide theorist here I just think to myself, yeah, that would make things so easy wouldn't it. Pretty young women don't burn themselves to death. MOO

<snip> The fact that it was immediately ruled homicide tells me something forced them to declare it such. Whatever the evidence was that led them to believe so is protected and has not been released. Supressing that evidence would be too easy to accomplish and would tie things too messy to clean up oh so easily. <snip>

My opinion of what happened has metamorphosed as I came to understand the crime scene and the local dynamics. I wonder now if she was at the scene with someone else when the perps came along and interupted. The person with JC could do nothing to help because the perps were using the gasoline and threat of fire as a weapon. Everything escalated out of control.

The police could probably tell from burn patterns at the scene and spilled fuel that it was a homicide. MOO

Does anyone really believe that a RSO who lives basically right across the road from the site of Jessica's death hasn't been thoroughly checked out? First, he would have to be a complete idiot to kill and leave her pretty much in his front yard, and secondly, LE would have to be idiots not to check out all known local felons, including and especially RSOs, anytime a young woman goes missing or is murdered. Regardless of what you or I may think of PCSO, the FBI and other agencies are not staffed by idiots. If he did it, they know it. JMO.

But what makes you think they know where he is? Or for that matter where these other guys are except for the one who gave the interview? Maybe they all lied about their address. :gaah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member