MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Cassandra Markett also known as Sandra Rudd was interviewed on TV and says she is the one who called Jessica over to ask her for a cigarette.

So she said but we have no way of knowing it is the truth. If Jessica and BR had broken up, I have to wonder why SR would ask her for anything at all. Cigarettes are expensive and were being sold right inside the store.

JMO

If Jessica's death was caused by someone operating a mobile meth lab in her car....it would be investigated as a homicide...

Mobile meth labs can and do cause fires in cars...meth is an accelerate..I do not think we can just rule this out as a possibility based simple on LE ruling it a homicide...

Woman Guilty of Murder in Drug Lab Fire
http://articles.latimes.com/1996-11-28/news/mn-3733_1_second-degree-murder-conviction

Classito

The LEOS say it was a murder. So until otherwise a homicide is what it is. Even though I am not convinced by what I had read and heard from news programs. But as I said the LEOS state homicide and with so many agencies involved I am looking at it that way.
But I have watched several of the YouTube videos of her at the gas station. In slow mo and using windows magnifier increased the frames to see if she pour some of that gas into the inside of her car and not just the gas tank.

At first i thought the gas cap was on the passengers side, but found out it is on the drivers side of that particular car.

The one scene when she is entering the store to pay before she pumped her gas. Someone said something to her out of camera range. And she raised her hand with her thumb pointed in the opposite direction as if to indicate she was going that way. Did they found out whom she chatted with off camera before she went inside the store?

BBM this. Did the person she was interacting with ask her which way she was headed or where she was going. Could that person have asked her for a lift? If so was their motivation to learn what her plans were that evening so as to make their own less savory ones?

IMHO the amounts of car accidents in and around that area are rather extensive. I think nothing would have been a greater relief to local LE if this would have been an accident or a suicide with a clean neat button closing the file, excluding the need for any outside assistance. Considering the increase in the reward by the Federal agencies, it appears to be a homicide needing further corroboration from a dependable witness.

Moo-moo-moo.

I'm just wondering if any WS posters who may be within reasonable proximity to Batesville are planning to attend Jessica's memorial next Sunday. I would consider going but being North of the 49th and with work commitments it would be too great a challenge! Lol! But my heart is in the right place.

If Jessica's death was caused by someone operating a mobile meth lab in her car....it would be investigated as a homicide...

Mobile meth labs can and do cause fires in cars...meth is an accelerate..I do not think we can just rule this out as a possibility based simple on LE ruling it a homicide...

http://articles.latimes.com/1996-11-28/news/mn-3733_1_second-degree-murder-conviction

Classito

I think LE has already said publicly that the car was doused with an accelerant. Plus, if firefighters believe the car was a meth lab it would have been treated as a biohazard. I do believe LE and fire fighters in the region know how to recognize a meth lab and the dangerous chemical residue to leaves behind.

JMO
http://www.fs.fed.us/lei/dangers-meth-labs.php

BBM this. Did the person she was interacting with ask her which way she was headed or where she was going. Could that person have asked her for a lift? If so was their motivation to learn what her plans were that evening so as to make their own less savory ones?
Thats a good question. As far as I know she just asked for a smoke. From watching the videos Jessica's first response was about where she was heading, then after that perhaps she was asked for a smoke. I didn't see Jessica reach in a pocket or start to produce a cig as she was walking towards the voice, but perhaps out of camera range she gave a cig to the woman. If she did ask her where she was heading I don't know because I have not watched her interview. If she didn't ask where she was heading then that could have been a slip. Because someone did and she responded including a hand gesture indicating heading back towards home.

Classito

That would fall in line w/ LE's stating that someone else may have been in car w/Jessica. It really depends on the accelerant used and my guess is LE/FBI/ATF would be able to determine a meth accelerant versus plain old gasoline very quickly. They just aren't sharing, but type of accelerant used certainly narrows down potential suspects or changes direction a bit. I wonder if ATF/LE would be able to specify where accelerant came from (like if from gasoline octane/composition). Jmo

I'm just wondering if any WS posters who may be within reasonable proximity to Batesville are planning to attend Jessica's memorial next Sunday. I would consider going but being North of the 49th and with work commitments it would be too great a challenge! Lol! But my heart is in the right place.

Dairy, that made me smile. Like you am a little too far away and work beckons. Bet there will be many a WS's there is spirit. Blessings to all those in attendance and far away lighting a candle for Jessica.

So she said but we have no way of knowing it is the truth. If Jessica and BR had broken up, I have to wonder why SR would ask her for anything at all. Cigarettes are expensive and were being sold right inside the store.

JMO
Right. We have no way of knowing what was discussed when SR called her over. I really don't see how JC and BR's breakup would have had any bearing on SR asking JC for a cigarette, though. Just because JC had broken up with SR's nephew or vice versa would not mean that the whole Rudd family would have anything against her. As for cigarettes being sold right inside the store? You're right again, and yes, they are expensive. Maybe SR didn't have the money to go inside the store and buy a pack?

Thats a good question. As far as I know she just asked for a smoke. From watching the videos Jessica's first response was about where she was heading, then after that perhaps she was asked for a smoke. I didn't see Jessica reach in a pocket or start to produce a cig as she was walking towards the voice, but perhaps out of camera range she gave a cig to the woman. If she did ask her where she was heading I don't know because I have not watched her interview. If she didn't ask where she was heading then that could have been a slip. Because someone did and she responded including a hand gesture indicating heading back towards home.

I just don't see that in the video. It looks like someone called to her and she threw up her hand in recognition of that person. It also looks to me like she has something in her hand as she raises it, but I am can't be certain. I don't know how to stop the video and circle her left hand to be able to tell if she has something in it or not. Haven't we heard that she received a call while she was at the gas station? If so, she had her cell phone either in her pocket or in one hand. If someone who knows how to circle both her hands, I would appreciate knowing if she had her cell phone in her left hand and her wallet in her right or if one or both hands are empty. I just don't see her pointing. Anyway, I think most people point with their index finger, not with their thumb. JMO

BBM yep. As far we know based on what CW said in her interview. I am troubled by a couple of her comments so I sure wish we had video of that off camera area to see if anyone else was present during that cig bumming conversation and if so who that person was. I don't know that I find CW terribly credible. But that has been my issue throughout this case. Most people interviewed I am having trouble finding credible for one reason or another.

[/B]

I just don't see that in the video. It looks like someone called to her and she threw up her hand in recognition of that person. It also looks to me like she has something in her hand as she raises it, but I am can't be certain. I don't know how to stop the video and circle her left hand to be able to tell if she has something in it or not. Haven't we heard that she received a call while she was at the gas station? If so, she had her cell phone either in her pocket or in one hand. If someone who knows how to circle both her hands, I would appreciate knowing if she had her cell phone in her left hand and her wallet in her right or if one or both hands are empty. I just don't see her pointing. Anyway, I think most people point with their index finger, not with their thumb. JMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAk-Y8H4Z1o

Watching this in slow motion and normal speed. At 23 seconds it looks to me she is pointing with her left hand back towards her home. In that direction and not waving to someone. Her shoulder moves backwards along with the hand gesture.

I guess I am not a very open minded person to the idea of this being a suicide or accident from what little information has been released by LE. For one thing They IMMEDIATELY ruled it a homicide and went looking for EB.

I agree .... I don't believe, even if JC was contemplating suicide, that she would even think of setting herself on fire.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zZD4sPiErdd8.kZlkjIsipZPU

Looking at the above map, and seeing her home was up North I believe that is the direction. I am convinced someone there asked her where she was heading and she pointed in that direction towards her home....When she walked over to where the woman said she asked for a smoke from her, I am thinking someone ask for a ride. I don't think Jessica made a left turn from the pumps and headed back on 51. I think she went foward from the pump and someone off camera got in her vehicle. And they left on 51 headed towards main street where her car was found. Would explain the passenger seat being in a more recline position than the drivers side.

A very good observation and one that has not been discussed here .... since the camera couldn't pick up JC's entire departure then this is very relevant. Who was with the Rudd girl when she asked JC for a cigarette outside the store .... this hasn't been discussed here to my knowledge. If someone from that gathering asked what direction JC was going it would have had to be for a reason = possible ride.

Yes, Cassandra Markett also known as Sandra Rudd was interviewed on TV and says she is the one who called Jessica over to ask her for a cigarette.

Did they ask in the Rudd interview what other people were there at the side of the store at the time Rudd asked JC for a cigarette in that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAk-Y8H4Z1o

Watching this in slow motion and normal speed. At 23 seconds it looks to me she is pointing with her left hand back towards her home. In that direction and not waving to someone. Her shoulder moves backwards along with the hand gesture.

I have always thought she was making a gesture towards her car. I don't think she was raising her hand in recognition of anyone, waving, flicking a cigarette, etc. I think something like this occurred:

Someone off screen, said to be SR: "Hey girl, what are you doing?"
JC: gestures back toward her car - "Just getting gas."

or

"Hey, Jessica, do you have a smoke?"
"Yea, in my car." - gestures back toward the car

I've posted that before. Sorry for the repeat. I have nothing new to share.

I have always thought she was making a gesture towards her car. I don't think she was raising her hand in recognition of anyone, waving, flicking a cigarette, etc. I think something like this occurred:

Someone off screen, said to be SR: "Hey girl, what are you doing?"
JC: gestures back toward her car - "Just getting gas."

or

"Hey, Jessica, do you have a smoke?"
"Yea, in my car." - gestures back toward the car

I've posted that before. Sorry for the repeat. I have nothing new to share.

While I still think she was just waving in recognition of SR calling out to her, your post makes more sense to me than her pointing in the direction of where she was heading. North toward her home would have been behind her to the right as she was facing SR, not straight out in front of her toward her car. But then, if she'd said "yea, in the car" why would she have walked on toward SR to offer her a cigarette when they were in the car?

After watching the videos at the gas station. I never seen anything suspicious. Everything seem pretty normal. The man with the gas can. He just appears in one video. But then another video you see him coming out of the station with the can going to the pump in front of her car, puts gas in it and walks away. Another seen with the big SUV i think it is pulls up next to her, and they may had said something to each other in passing. But nothing seemed odd.

But one thing I like to know. That i have not seen on any video is her leaving the gas station. Did she make a left turn from the pump and head back onto the road,or did she continue straight and head into the area where she had the conversation with someone off camera? Did she go around the building and head out?

Thank you for raising some good questions. IDK what I did with my post, though ... I was trying to edit something and somehow deleted it instead. I don't think it can be determined in which direction she headed, unless AA or someone on the premises saw and has reported it. But since there's allegedly video of her in more than one place that night, LE hopefully has some clue as to where she went next. ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwitzke