VERDICT WATCH MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge is in a hurry to get back to his chickens, pets and wife (in that order) :D
LOL@in that order. You missed the footy!! I thought he wanted to start earlier today so they could all watch a game of footy at 5 today.
laugh1-smiley.gif

Thanks for finding that UT! Yet, another thing that has been confirmed in this trial!
You're welcome, BUF. Alot more new info coming out in this retrial, it's great. I'm of the opinion, that if we (and moreso the jurors in the first trial) knew back then what we know now, we wouldn't be here today. (I feel the prosecution were a tad slack/sloppy in the first trial.)

He has been charged, but waiting for this trial to conclude before being sent to LA for that trial. He is also currently in MS prison serving a five year sentence on another charge.

Wonder if he can be tied to any unsolved murders of women in Louisiana or Mississippi. Has anyone looked into that at all?

He has been charged, but waiting for this trial to conclude before being sent to LA for that trial. He is also currently in MS prison serving a five year sentence on another charge.
Excellent. I must do abit of catching up and look further into that other murder charge. I've just skimmed articles but haven't really taken it all in.

Wonder if he can be tied to any unsolved murders of women in Louisiana or Mississippi. Has anyone looked into that at all?
Wouldn't surprise me. Is there by any chance a thread regarding this case (Stabbing to death) where QT has been charged? Anyone?

Here's my notes on the other case:

*Waiting for Trial to start – LA – Meing-Chen (“Mandy”) Hsiao (34) (July 29, 2015/found Aug. 8, 2015) – Quentin Verdell Tellis (27) – charged 3 counts of unauthorized use of an access card & 1 count of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
5/12/16 Update: Tellis pleads guilty to 1 count of unauthorized use of access card. Tellis' plea deal saw the possession with intent charge severed from the agreement but not dismissed. He could face that charge in the future. As part of the deal, Tellis was charged as a habitual offender for the unauthorized use of a Chase Bank debit card belonging to murder victim Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34. Tellis is not charged with Hsiao's murder. The habitual offender status doubled the maximum penalty for his charge from a five-year sentence to a 10-year hard labor sentence that will run concurrently with any other sentences. Tellis also received credit for time served. The basis for the plea reported in court states that on Aug. 18-19, 2016, Tellis took an access card belonging to Hsiao and used it without authorization to withdraw at least $1,000. Was sentenced Tellis to 10 years in prison. Tellis also agreed to waive an extradition hearing & will/was return to Mississippi where he will face capital murder charges in connection with the December 2014 death of Jessica Chambers, 19. Quinton Tellis, who was charged in the 2014 Panola County burning death of Jessica Chambers, has been accused of torturing Hsiao to death on her bedroom floor. He was indicted in the Mississippi homicide as he sat in jail in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana, in February 24, 2016 & then an arrest warrant for the Louisiana homicide was filed on Thursday, July 12, 2016 as he sat in jail in DeSoto County, Mississippi Waiting for result of Jessica Chambers’ case; first trial ended in mistrial; retrial starts Sept 24, 2018.

and the link:
LA - Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, murdered in her Monroe home, 9 Aug 2015

Here's my notes on the other case:

*Waiting for Trial to start – LA – Meing-Chen (“Mandy”) Hsiao (34) (July 29, 2015/found Aug. 8, 2015) – Quentin Verdell Tellis (27) – charged 3 counts of unauthorized use of an access card & 1 count of possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
5/12/16 Update: Tellis pleads guilty to 1 count of unauthorized use of access card. Tellis' plea deal saw the possession with intent charge severed from the agreement but not dismissed. He could face that charge in the future. As part of the deal, Tellis was charged as a habitual offender for the unauthorized use of a Chase Bank debit card belonging to murder victim Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34. Tellis is not charged with Hsiao's murder. The habitual offender status doubled the maximum penalty for his charge from a five-year sentence to a 10-year hard labor sentence that will run concurrently with any other sentences. Tellis also received credit for time served. The basis for the plea reported in court states that on Aug. 18-19, 2016, Tellis took an access card belonging to Hsiao and used it without authorization to withdraw at least $1,000. Was sentenced Tellis to 10 years in prison. Tellis also agreed to waive an extradition hearing & will/was return to Mississippi where he will face capital murder charges in connection with the December 2014 death of Jessica Chambers, 19. Quinton Tellis, who was charged in the 2014 Panola County burning death of Jessica Chambers, has been accused of torturing Hsiao to death on her bedroom floor. He was indicted in the Mississippi homicide as he sat in jail in Ouachita Parish, Louisiana, in February 24, 2016 & then an arrest warrant for the Louisiana homicide was filed on Thursday, July 12, 2016 as he sat in jail in DeSoto County, Mississippi Waiting for result of Jessica Chambers’ case; first trial ended in mistrial; retrial starts Sept 24, 2018.

and the link:
LA - Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, murdered in her Monroe home, 9 Aug 2015
Wow, lots of info there! Thanks very much, Niner, greatly appreciated.

I watched all the interrogations the past couple of days and QT is definitely guilty imo.

The camera at MM’s is unbelievable! How unlucky for QT but lucky for justice for JC.

I think they will nail him in Mississippi this time. The fact that Louisiana transfered him leads me to believe the case in Mississippi is the stronger of the two.

So what are they trying to prove now? Jessica didn't know QT's name so cannot have been trying to say Tellis? I am confused all over again! So if she didn't know his name, it must have been "Eric or Derick" or maybe it was "Wreck" she was saying! This is frustrating!

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 6m6 minutes ago
He says #QuintonTellis told him he'd been with #JessicaChambers in Batesville twice. Once to the hospital. He says he can confirm Chambers was at the hospital but can't confirm Tellis was. The 2nd trip was to the liquor store. He says he can't find any evidence to support that.

Bridget Chapman‏Verified account @bchapman_WREG3 4m4 minutes ago
He’s going over a text message exchange between #QuintonTellis and #JessicaChambers. It starts with him telling her he’s horny & asking if he can “have sum.”

DoR_abYW0AA3wzS.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members