MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first responders can also believe certain things because one of them verbally said out loud in front of the others they thought she said Eric or Derrick. The subliminal thought has already been planted in their mind by hearing someone else thinking they are hearing a certain name or names. It tends to make them think they are hearing the same name or names when they really aren't.

All of the other evidence admitted showing him to be the one is far more compelling than what some thought or didn't think Jessica said which cant be verified either way.

IMO

True but it is also in evidence that she couldn't even pronounce her last name which isnt a hard name to say. That too is in evidence.

True, but she was able per testimony to acknowledge yes when asked if she was Jessica Chambers.
1:37:88 Sandra H asked if her name was Jessica Chambers and she "shook her head yes" and she had her head down to JC and JC said ERIC when she Sandra H asked who did this to you. She completed a report.
[video=youtube;9Vl0bHj0o3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vl0bHj0o3I&list=PLoW1SIeAWaWb_6Izx5EaJNwBoIFazP95m&index=5[/video]

As I said, I was merely speculating about how JC would have been heard to say "Eric". No evidence was presented that an Eric was a threat to her....but she may have thought that some Eric was responsible for what happened to her.t hat Eric wouldn't necessarily have to have even been near the crime scene. He could have had his minion do the job. once again, JUST SPECULATING. JMO

I'm not privy to all that investigators did, but they could have cleared up that issue had they been more forthcoming with information that they had. Could Jessica have believed that she was under threat? She had recently told her mother that "those b.......s think I'm snitching". We do not know who provided her w the weed and pills that she sold. She may have thought that if something happened to her, that some dude named Eric was behind it. just speculating here.jmo

Jessica was selling pills and marijuana and being from a small town, I imagine she was afraid those b…..s would soon snitch on her.

I would be very nervous if I was in Jessica's shoes especially if my father worked for LE as a mechanic iirc.

If she was paranoid when she was out selling drugs in the evening, that may have affected her mental status.

I assume Jessica's mother didn't know about her extra-curricular activity?

jmo

Jessica was selling pills and marijuana and being from a small town, I imagine she was afraid those b…..s would snitch on her. jmo

I must have missed the testimony on that. Can you link me to it?

[video=twitter;919946989143560194]https://twitter.com/local24tish/status/919946989143560194[/video]

Motive.

Investigators were also able to uncover text messages between Chambers and Tellis. Those messages revealed Chambers four times denied Tellis' requests for sex the day she was burned alive.

Deleted texts show Jessica Chambers denied Tellis sex

PeterThomas Fan,

Minor correction: it was not four times the DAY of her death, it was four times in the DAYS leading up to her death, as stated in the newscast and during Rowlette's presentation. Thanks for the link.

Clouseau

Live feed on youtube for LawNewz they are replaying some OS in another case but he said will break in anything happen in JC case. Just an FYI link [video=youtube;FjrCPE04u_A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjrCPE04u_A[/video]

[

I curious how well at the time plain clothes Narc Inv Tyler Mills knew of JC and her drug selling? Could she also have been a CI? Like Def attorney said how and why did CI Mary T think automatically those were JC keys? I can't remember but wonder if she and baby daddy King knew JC personally. That something else cant get passed. Who were the other 3 male dna on the keys. And I still ticked that the Def attorney picked those up without gloves during Closing and no one said anything!

JMHO if she were a CI and felon/fresh out of prison QT suddenly found out, that could be a motive for murder by someone :thinking:

arkansasmimi,you and I had exactly the same suspicion.

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]This just thinking out loud. Please feel to tell me this was just an unfortunate time for this assault. It does seem troublesome this occurred the same week as her murder at Courtland's trouble spot the M&M Quick Stop.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]
Amid rumors, Ali Alsanai says he doesn't know whether someone choked Jessica Chambers outside of his store. He says he just found out about the allegations and it is not in his surveillance recording system.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]
"I heard from random customers walking in and out that she got choked a week before she died. It was early in the morning.....I didn't know about it because I wasn't here," said Alsanai.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]http://www.wect.com/story/27666815/jessica-chambers-homicide-investigation-continues[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]I do not have the news interview link.But I recall how Lisa D eyes looked haunted as she spoke about the week preceding Jessica's murder.She haltingly repeated Jessica's words & terror as she rushed in the door," the *****es think I'm snitching".[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]As I remembered Lisa's tormented words I immediately thought of the fight at the M&M & if Jessica was not suspected of being a CI or there was some trouble that had the Sandbox ****s unhappy.

If you do not know about the Sandbox;there are many posts in the threads since almost day 1.All I'm going to say is they all have ''street names'. I do NOT want to derail the thread but I wanted to respond to [/FONT]arkansasmimi since we shared the same train of thought.

If my post is a distraction I will detlect it out of respect for the other posters.
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]:cow:[/FONT][/FONT]

I was asking about the hours jurors have deliberated, as I saw on Leah's tweets - 4 hours so far they had been deliberating, but then an hour later the judge was releasing them. So I'm thinking maybe 5 hours from yesterday.... :dunno: :D

True, but she was able per testimony to acknowledge yes when asked if she was Jessica Chambers.
1:37:88 Sandra H asked if her name was Jessica Chambers and she "shook her head yes" and she had her head down to JC and JC said ERIC when she Sandra H asked who did this to you. She completed a report.
[video=youtube;9Vl0bHj0o3I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Vl0bHj0o3I&list=PLoW1SIeAWaWb_6Izx5EaJNwBoIFazP95m&index=5[/video]

Like I said earlier, I would not put much weight on the name evidence as it is speculative and open to interpretation by others. We have no way of knowing how much in shock she was at the time and she could have nodded her head no matter what name they said.

Instead I would look at the other compelling evidence entered by the state if I was on the jury. I don't find the name Eric or Derrick to be that important when this poor young woman literally had so much damage to her throat at the time. Nodding ones head up and down is one thing but trying to pronounce even her last name 'Chambers' isn't hard to do for anyone that hasn't been burned alive. Yet she couldn't even do that. It makes the names 'thought' to be uttered untrustworthy and open to speculation and assumptions. Imo, the jury should dismiss the names of Eric and Derrick and concentrate solely on the evidence that can be validated showing who her murderer truly is.

IMO

If the sex was such a big issue with QT, I would think that he would have raped her before he killed her.I don't doubt that he was bugging her for sex all the time, but I think if there is a motive to kill her, it may be more having to do with drugs. JMO He had 3 women who wanted to get together with him that night......if he just had to have sex with someone. JMO

I listened to those jury instructions multiple times last night and slept on it. While I do not personally believe QT is innocent, I personally could not vote guilty on evidence provided that he and he alone is guilty of 3rd degree arson, which led to the death of JC. That is what they jury has to be convinced of beyond a reasonable doubt.

How did someone in the crowd know that it was Jessica Chambers? I understand small town and people gathering. Also knowing/seeing her possible vehicle. Some things I just can't get past from crime scene that hold me back.

Was it possible someone threw her cell phone there? Paul C said her phone died at 804pm. The gentlemen that came up on the fire, then called 911 at 809 pm. Testimony from all the LEO no one went past the fence. Who knows, there could have been someone climbed over the fence and hid or escaped that way. I can't get over it not being damaged by the water or the extreme heat from the fire. Crime scene photo of the phone jmho does not even look wet in the leaves. Granted it was 2 1/2 feet from the drivers door approx (which amazes me than no measurements were taken by Dixon 22 yrs on job so 19 approx at time) and they were soaking not spraying per testimony. Still that close one would think it would look wet. Car was allegedly photographed at 930 at the M&M. Car crime scene photos were photographed after JC left scene at 830.
:thinking: jmho

Interesting from Judge, the jury can use their notes for only themselves. Can not try use them to convince or even share their notes with anyone else. I am a note taker. That one thing I would always like to do - compare notes with jurors, regardless of the verdict.

Did the instructions read "he and he alone" if so I'd have to go with NG

I'd like to start by saying I knew nothing about this case until the first day of trial. Someone in a thread I follow posted about it. So I listened to it on Lawnews. Having said all that I'm not sure I would convict based on the evidence I heard. The things that bother me is the fact she gave a first name on several occasions. When asked, she did not know a last name. She also used the word "they" which means more than one person. Yes, I know she was severely injured but I can't disregard what SHE said. Yes, he (QT) lied about things regarding the events of that day. I find it suspect but not sure the State proved their case.

I have since learned of his other murder charge in Louisiana. Based on that, it's possible he could have murdered JC but that's JMO. The jury may or may not know this fact (rumors/facts/news spread fast in small communities) but even so they can not convict him of this murder (JC) based on such knowledge.

I wish they would have asked her "Eric did this to you?" and she could or would have nodded as an affirmative.
IMPO I feel the jury will take JC's "dying declaration of the name Eric" to heart.

I don't have a lot of time invested in this case like the rest of you so please don't take offense at my words/thoughts.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

sunsetbeach,

There are no recordings, so when you say you can't disregard what SHE said, realize that you are actually saying you can't disregard what OTHERS say she said. I won't belabor the points already made about fatal wounds affecting speech, delirium from intense pain and cannabis, the fear of imminent death affecting thoughts, etc. But to consider this one inconsistency a "reasonable doubt" against Quentin Tellis committing these crimes, in light of a wealth of evidence and expert witness testimony to the contrary, I for one would definitely not be embarrassed to vote for a conviction as a juror. Some things are not always black and white, in fact I'm told attorneys will often exclude accountants and engineers from a jury because that is the lense they tend to see the world through. Using Rowlette's analogy of his job as an analyst to figure out from a pile of 50 puzzle pieces how to put together one puzzle without benefit of the picture on a puzzle box, the Eric/Derrick is one puzzle piece that does not fit the QT picture. Perhaps it doesn't belong?

All JMO.

Regards,
Clouseau

I hope jurors will discuss this after the verdict sow e know what they were thinking. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member