MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay - these tag #s they got - is that car belong to Quentin's sister's car?? I'm lost on that one!

TIA!

@LeahBethFOX13 6s

Mills on Cole Haley asking #JessicaChambers questions. State: "Could you understand what she saying?" Mills: "I could not."

@LeahBethFOX13 13s

Mills says he couldn't make out what she was saying. Said her voice was very faint, couldn't understand what she was saying #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 18s

Quinton Tellis in courtroom. Defense will now cross-examine Mills #JessicaChambers

I'm going to guess they (DA) is going to bring someone familiar with a burnt mouth, tongue, etc. and that they don't speak correctly. I hope so!

@LeahBethFOX13 28s

Defense asks Mills if he knew #JessicaChambers before that night. He says he did.

@LeahBethFOX13 4s

Mills testimony is complete. Court is in brief morning recess #JessicaChambers

Okay - these tag #s they got - is that car belong to Quentin's sister's car?? I'm lost on that one!

TIA!

It sounds like the defense is trying to connect the suspicious person with the vehicle. The state hasn't really clarified that yet.

Thanks for the tweets JenaTaoson!

Do they go until 5pm today? Like 9 to 5 every day?? TIA! on that question too! :)

It sounds like the defense is trying to connect the suspicious person with the vehicle. The state hasn't really clarified that yet.

Okay - I thought maybe you all here that have followed the case from the beginning might know!

Well,geez. It sounds like she really did say "Eric".........if each person heard her say that independent of the others. I had figured that one thought that's what he heard, and then by power of suggestion, that's what everyone else "heard".......Eric sure doesn't sound anything like Quinton........and she apparently did not know the person's last name. She DID know Quinton's last name though. This is bizarre. JMO

Thanks for the tweets JenaTaoson!

Do they go until 5pm today? Like 9 to 5 every day?? TIA! on that question too! :)
Np! I'm not sure I'll be able to go all day but I'll let someone know beforehand. I think they are going to 5 or 5:30.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

@LeahBethFOX13 14s
14 seconds ago

Court is back in session #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 10s
State calls Will Turner. Another volunteer firefighter from scene of #JessicaChambers murder

@LeahBethFOX13 40s
Turner: "She was burnt very, very badly.... her body was charred." #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 13s
Turner says firefighters knew they'd need to save as much evidence from burning car as possible #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 now
Turner describing "suspicious male" on scene of crime. Says they got the tag number off vehicle #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 now
Turner: "She looked more like a zombie. Her arms were out. She was like, a zombie. Something off the Walking Dead." #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 4s
Defense now cross-examining. Asking Austin about suspicious male. Says he didn't notice him until #JessicaChambers had been airlifted.

@LeahBethFOX13 1m
Defense now asking Austin to read report he made following that night. It's been admitted as an exhibit as well #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 44s
Austin says he described suspicious male as a "middle aged black man" #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 48s
Austin reading report: Says man kept looking into woods by car. Austin says he asked him to leave #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 25s
That was quick. Austin's testimony complete. State now calling Sandra Hailey #JessicaChambers

Now if that suspicious man at the scene had been Quentin - I'm sure the DA would have asked this firefighter - "Do you see that man in the court room now?" :dunno:

@LeahBethFOX13 31s
Hailey has been battling respiratory issue. Having trouble speaking-- says she's nervous as well #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 7s
Hailey is an EMR-- was on scene night of #JessicaChambers murder

@LeahBethFOX13 5s
Hailey was in her own personal vehicle with her husband and grandchildren. Told them "do not leave this car" #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 13s
Hailey said she knew who #JessicaChambers was. Met her when she was a child but did not know her as an adult.

@LeahBethFOX13 31s
Hailey says she did not pay attention to #JessicaChambers appearance because it was dark. Said scene was very loud.

@LeahBethFOX13 14s
Hailey: "You couldn't hardly hear her," she says describing the noise on scene #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 4s
Hailey: "I said, 'Honey, who did this to you?' And all I heard was, "Eric." #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 14s
Defense now cross-examining Hailey. Just handed her the statement she wrote. It's being admitted as evidence #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 22s
Issue with feed. Pool cam battery died. Standby #JessicaChambers

Speaking as a speech-language pathologist, the /r/ and /k/ phonemes are sounds produced in the back of the mouth. If she was badly burned, she could have had limited mobility of her tongue and an inability to move her lips, which severely limits the phonemes you can produce. There could have been no way she could have produced the correct sounds, even if she was in her right mind and was attempting to say a different name than “Eric”. I would assume being on fire would also limit your ability to think clearly and communicate effectively. Bless her heart and prayers for the family!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking as a speech-language pathologist, the /r/ and /k/ phonemes are sounds produced in the back of the mouth. If she was badly burned, she could have had limited mobility of her tongue and an inability to move her lips, which severely limits the phonemes you can produce. There could have been no way she could have produced the correct sounds, even if she was in her right mind and was attempting to say a different name than “Eric”. I would assume being on fire would also limit your ability to think clearly and communicate effectively. Bless her heart and prayers for the family!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In your opinion, how would an injury of this type affect her ability to say her own name, "Jessica?"

@LeahBethFOX13 2m

Feed is back up now. Sorry for the inconvenience! Hailey's testimony is complete #JessicaChambers

@LeahBethFOX13 30s
State calls paramedic Casey Austin. Worked as volunteer with Courtland Fire Dept. at time of #JessicaChambers fire.

@LeahBethFOX13 9s
Austin describing #JessicaChambers when he got to scene. "Noticed second, third degree burns. Head to toe."

@LeahBethFOX13 31s
Austin said they put #JessicaChambers in back of truck with heaters. Took blanket off of her and started applying sterile burn bandages.

@LeahBethFOX13 34s
Austin says they couldn't localize a vein for IV because #JessicaChambers was so badly burnt.

In your opinion, how would an injury of this type affect her ability to say her own name, "Jessica?"

Mrs. Hailey said she said Jesse.... so maybe no "c" in there. I would not think she could say Eric, as Bethanying is saying. I'm pretty sure they'll have some like her on the stand to explain that. I hope!! :crossfingers: That's the only way they are going to get around this "Eric" business. JMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaniMom