MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone else hear a few witnesses testify that Jessica nodded her head a little when verifying her first name? I believe also to confirm her full name.

But I don't recall any testimony about Jessica head nodding or head shaking regarding the Who did this to you? question.

It kept occurring to me that she was not able to get the Perp's name across to them, and therefore kept answering the same way hoping they

would eventually decipher the correct name from her attempts

The only time I heard she nodded was when she was asked if she was thirsty.

Does anyone know if there has been an "Eric" or "Derrick" investigated or involved at all in this case? My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere before. I also am wondering if the Prosecution knows the meaning behind "Eric". Maybe that is why they are having so many witnesses confirm what they thought she said. Maybe it was an alias of the defendant.

Early on, law enforcement investigated every "Eric" and Deric" in the area. All had alibis or couldn't be linked to the murder.

This info is from the CNN special.

Early on, law enforcement investigated every "Eric" and Deric" in the area. All had alibis or couldn't be linked to the murder.

That is true but still I wonder why she said it or what she was really saying that could have been interpreted as "Eric." We will never know.

Did anyone else hear a few witnesses testify that Jessica nodded her head a little when verifying her first name? I believe also to confirm her full name.

But I don't recall any testimony about Jessica head nodding or head shaking regarding the Who did this to you? question.

It kept occurring to me that she was not able to get the Perp's name across to them, and therefore kept answering the same way hoping they

would eventually decipher the correct name from her attempts

Correct me if this is wrong.

If I remember correctly Jessica being asking Eric's last name by the Emergency Coordinator? Not sure if it was his testimony or another 1st responder.

Also,he implied since she didn't answer but appeared to gesture a slight movement signifying like she didn't know. He evidently asked twice once on the ground & the 2nd time in the ambulance.He qualified his testimony by saying that her gesture was his interpretation of her non verbal response.

Thanks to one and all who post tweets.

:cow:

If I'm remember correctly Jessica being asking Eric's last name by the Emergency Coordinator? Not sure if it was his testimony or another 1st responder.

If I remember correctly he implied since she didn't answer but appeared to gesture a slight movement signifying like she didn't know. He evidently asked twice once on the ground & the 2nd time in the ambulance.He qualified his testimony by saying that her gesture was his interpretation of her non verbal response.

Thanks to one and all who post tweets.

:cow:

I only recall witnesses saying she didn't know the last name, nothing about gestures. But, this could have very well been before I started watching. I caught the last five hours.

Speculation:

Isn't it possible that several or perhaps even more of the First Responders heard "Eric or Derrick" through rapid word of mouth that day, gossip, rumor, and either incorporated it into their written reports, or when they did ask Jessica who the perp was, that's what they "heard" due to the power of suggestion?

O/T - nope, refreshing does not make the tweets appear. All blanks now - UndiscoveredTruth is probably posting from a different type of device than JenaTaoson was using this morning - but I am not complaining at all and thank you for your service here with posting, absolutely, UT! The only way to see the tweets is to reply with quote, then C&P the link into a browser, which I will do. Jeez, it is the least I can do as someone sympathetic to Jessica, her family, and all involved with this trial.

That I hope does not drag on and on and on gratuitously for these folks.
It's probably because I copy and paste the written part of the tweets. It's easier for me but others like to copy the tweets using the actual photo capture (embedded tweet) of them. This is great for pictures as mine don't have them.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I have no idea, epiphany...but fingers crossed tightly we're kept in the know!

The tweets coming in this afternoon were far and few inbetween. Has it been like that all day? I was considering setting my alarm for 3am so I could help out with the tweeting but honestly, if there's not much tweeting from the courtroom I think I'd rather sleep since I can't watch the trial live.

PS: A big thank you to you and Jena Taoson for copying and pasting the tweets. I've yet to read all the post so if I've missed anyone, it's not intentional. A huge thank you to everyone who's contributed to the thread thus far, whether it's posting pictures, video's or commenting, thank you!
After the lunch break the tweets were super slow. I felt like a lot was left out while listening.

Defense may question DNA results of the keys...the baby, her parents, JC, QT and who else? Often, so many instances of DNA on an object makes sampling difficult. JMO Plus, there were a lot of charms and tags and the ribbon.....I see how circumstantially QT would be the main culprit, but Pros. needs better evidence for burden of beyond a reasonable doubt. JMO

Speculation:

Isn't it possible that several or perhaps even more of the First Responders heard "Eric or Derrick" through rapid word of mouth that day, gossip, rumor, and either incorporated it into their written reports, or when they did ask Jessica who the perp was, that's what they "heard" due to the power of suggestion?

I can see that happening like this.
First Responder to other Responder: Ask her who did it. It sounded like "Eric" when I asked her.
Or, as you also suggested, hearing "Eric" from others and incorporating it into their reports.

Defense may question DNA results of the keys...the baby, her parents, JC, QT and who else? Often, so many instances of DNA on an object makes sampling difficult. JMO Plus, there were a lot of charms and tags and the ribbon.....I see how circumstantially QT would be the main culprit, but Pros. needs better evidence for burden of beyond a reasonable doubt. JMO

I agree. The prosecution has their work cut out for them. I'm hoping there's that magic ace up their sleeves that knocks this out of the park.

(Although not directly connected to the case, I was like WOW when it was revealed that the key finder's girlfriend was once an informant. That ain't cool! I'd be leaving town if I was her. I'd be scared crapless.)

Has it been brought up yet what specific accelerant was used to set alight Jessica, as well as her automobile?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Hapworth,

During his opening remarks, DA John Champion mentioned that the ATF had found gasoline residue in a surviving piece of Jessica Chambers' bra, but I do not believe that fact has been mentioned in any testimony yet. That is the reason for the interest in Quentin Tellis's telling the FBI about a dirt bike and a 5-gallon gas can he kept in a storage shed. Can't find all of this in the Tweets, just my notes.

Regards,
Clouseau

I was able to watch five hours of the trial today and a few hours yesterday. Even though there is lot more evidence coming, I think it's going to be very hard to shake "Eric" from the jurors' minds.

It's reasonable doubt, for SURE. I think he did it, but it's reasonable doubt :(.

It's probably because I copy and paste the written part of the tweets. It's easier for me but others like to copy the tweets using the actual photo capture (embedded tweet) of them. This is great for pictures as mine don't have them.

That's the reason why I post the embedded tweets--the pictures are great. It helps immensley to have the tweets posted in two different styles. Everyone can keep up with what's happening in the courtroom and no-one misses out. :thumb:

After the lunch break the tweets were super slow. I felt like a lot was left out while listening.

Super slow alright! ALOT was left out. I wonder if the tweeters in the courtroom were too emotional to tweet ? Just strange that we didn't get more tweets. I remember the Holly Bobo or rather, ZA trial, there were a few of us tweeting as the tweets were coming in really fast, oodles and oodles of them, there wasn't any time to sitting around posting the :waiting: smiley that's for sure lol.

I only recall witnesses saying she didn't know the last name, nothing about gestures. But, this could have very well been before I started watching. I caught the last five hours.

I did a copy and paste of posts #229 and 230

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]Daniel Cole Emergency Coordinator now reading report out loud for courtroom #JessicaChambers[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]@LeahBethFOX13 34s[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]Cole: Reading report-- "I then asked what happened, and Jessica responded saying, 'Eric set me on fire.'" #JessicaChambers[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]@LeahBethFOX13 30s[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

Daniel Cole: "I then asked what is Eric's last name and she said, 'I don't know.'" #JessicaChambers
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]Daniel Cole says he spoke with #JessicaChambers again in ambulance[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]@LeahBethFOX13 58s[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]Cole reading report: "I asked her again, 'Who did this?' And she said, 'Eric did this. He set me on fire.' And I said, 'Eric who?"*

[/FONT]
[FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]*I watched the testimony this morning on live link. I remember Daniel Cole testified Jessica making a gesture signifying '?'(like shrug or gesture like she did not know.)[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]:cow:[/FONT][/FONT]

At varying points in this case I can recall an Eric, Derrick/Derek, Kendrick and Ssedrick. Very confusing!

[video=twitter;918256813556019200]https://twitter.com/LeahBethFOX13/status/918256813556019200[/video]

For those who can't view the above tweet:

Leah Beth Bolton‏
Verified account
@LeahBethFOX13
Follow
Follow @LeahBethFOX13

More
I'm here at the M&M First Stop-- this is the last place #JessicaChambers was seen alive on surveillance buying gas before being set on fire.

LeahBeth Bolton tweeted about a silver can that was admitted into evidence. Anyone know what this was?

I just read the arrest warrant for QT in the Chinese girl's murder case and it has a lot of references to Eric Hill (his wife's cousin, same guy who used to date QT's sister) and they sound very close. Any word if Eric Hill was in the area with QT when JC was burned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suebrina