MS MS - Jessica Stacks, 28, missing from boat on Tallahatchie River, 1 Jan 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Where’s the guy that helped them launch the boat?

Did they launch the boat at a boat ramp?

Why did they need help launching what was probably a small flat bottom boat? Two people should have been able to handle that.
And who goes out without at least a trolling motor on a swollen river?

Do we know what time they put the boat in the water?

(It’s illegal to hunt deer at night)
My thoughts are that the boat belongs to the man who helped them put the boat in and was suppose to pick them up later.

A slightly better tone, at least until the end of the article, than "he told us" and "this is what they might have been doing".

Woman still missing with no new clues after nearly week’s search
It does also at least give a better idea of what the river bottom is like near there. It doesn't bode well for her survival: "The river bottom area is rough terrain, cut up with serpentine natural ditches, filled with brush. There are also deep man-made ditches dug to drain water from crop fields."

I guess I'd like to know if they had done in this in the past or was this something new?

I'd also like to know if Jessica was excited and wanted to do this or was she coerced into going. Was it her thing or not?

I have lots of questions.

I have three thoughts

1. They innocently set out to "hunt" as the story was told by the boyfriend and while hunting they get into an argument and she says let me out of the boat! (I can truly see this as a possibility. How many of us can truthfully say, yes, been there done that? Maybe not actually getting out but at least the thought) So, he obliges and leaves her there and continues on. Hours then go by and after he's cooled off goes back to look for her but she's no where to be found.....

2. Same as "1." only the argument/fight leads to something worse and it is at that point something happens to her

3. This was premeditated and planned

all imo

I have three thoughts

1. They innocently set out to "hunt" as the story was told by the boyfriend and while hunting they get into an argument and she says let me out of the boat! (I can truly see this as a possibility. How many of us can truthfully say, yes, been there done that? Maybe not actually getting out but at least the thought) So, he obliges and leaves her there and continues on. Hours then go by and after he's cooled off goes back to look for her but she's no where to be found.....

2. Same as "1." only the argument/fight leads to something worse and it is at that point something happens to her

3. This was premeditated and planned

all imo
I agree. Why else would she get out and leave without a phone. Or if there wasn't a fight why would he have her get out there and then without a phone. It's unloving irresponsible.

My guess, 2nd degree homicide, and my GUESS only. Intent can't be proved but ... something happened that led to her death, something that didn't involve cottonmouths or copperheads or gators or wild boars. Her remains, when and if found, will tell the story. If things went as I think then a charge of 2nd degree homicide cause no one will ever be able to dispute a possible "accident"; there is your "reasonable doubt". And, Jessica, if you are found alive I will gladly eat every single one of these words with happiness ... and hot sauce.

EBM: totally responded to a days old post thinking it was the most recent. Sorry about that.

I agree with everyone saying that somethings not right- this story is unbelievable as told. I’ve never ONCE heard of someone floating down a river to hunt, especially in the dead of winter in a boat without a motor. Like, what would they have done with a kill? Would they have just piled a full grown adult deer into the small boat with the two adults?

I’m not buying it.

I grew up in Memphis, not too far from there, and that seemed to me as being a pretty much accurate description
Also from memphis (hi, hello btw ☺️) and yep- River bottoms are the low lying areas (floodplains) around a river. Depending on the time of year and the weather, they range from bone dry cracked earth to knee deep mud, with floodwaters being present only occasionally.

Last edited:
My thoughts are: This is possible because there is nothing that surprises me anymore. Lol. I feel they sound pretty confident about the footprints and that sounds weird when the sheriff says, they saw them but not on land?? If it was flooded, how did they see them on the rivers edge?

My thoughts are: This is possible because there is nothing that surprises me anymore. Lol. I feel they sound pretty confident about the footprints and that sounds weird when the sheriff says, they saw them but not on land?? If it was flooded, how did they see them on the rivers edge?

Good point! Kinda like Big Foot, a print or two but no continuous tracks to follow. And just as elusive it seems.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back