MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a good article with lots of detail of LE's timeline of what they have done. Sorry if it's been posted.

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20140311/NEWS/303110046/Ten-days-into-search-Where-Myra-

I quoted your post because you have the link to this article. Thank you.

This was so important to me, and was glad to read it. Speaks volumes.

Quoted from the article linked above:

"Friday, March 7: Specialized teams return to the area. Mt. Pilgrim Road is closed to everyone except residents and law enforcement. Dozens of official vehicles line either side of the road. Heavy machinery can be seen digging on the property investigating a spot where some recent septic work was done, according to Tucker.

Sheriff’s Department spokesman Heath Hall says the heavy machinery carries “no implication” as to whether officials believe the toddler could be buried on the property."

BBM So the search discovered some dirt disturbed and they checked it out, nothing more nothing less. Whew.

My 2 year olds would have never responded with that particular phrase. Maybe just said "Daddy" but not "that's my dad."

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I agree. My kiddo might have said "my dad," but not "that's my dad." I think either the person is remembering incorrect phrasing, or it wasn't sweet Myra. I still can't allow myself not to hope, though!

I do not normally put a lot of stock in ' sightings', but I'll take anything at this point.
Be MYRA !~

This is a previous post of mine. Thread 1, post 707

""""Three issues have me concerned:

1. The digging of their yard. (has this happened in any other case where a child is thought to have wondered off?)

2. The amount of time/days Myra has been gone. (Just my opinion here, I would think a two year old would have been found by now. There was a huge search, however, I'm not forgetting about the pond.)

3. LE taking possession of the vehicle. (and this was not done until appx a week into the search)""""""

No 1 appears to have been addressed, the digging was due to finding dirt that had been disturbed from recent septic work.

No 3 LE heard comments of Little Ms Myra being hit by a vehicle. It appears nothing on the vehicle supports this claim.

Now to No 2, it appears there is no evidence Little Mrya is deceased. She has not been found, no clothing or shoes she was wearing have been discovered, etc. And now reports of a possible sighting? I certainly understand what Sheriff Tucker is saying, and this is wonderful news for Myra. I want to believe this little one is being taken care of properly and not being harmed in any way.

Now, just make all the water in that pond vanish for a day or two and things will really be looking positive for Little Myra.

My hopes are high.

Guys, Please do not sleuth the parent, OR friends, until they have been names suspects, OR, POI's. We don't want Myra's thread closed. :(

I don't think you have that to worry about. There are 5 post that plainly state THE PARENTS ARE NOT being sleuthed by our posters on this thread. hth

:twocents::scared: I've changed my mind, I'm not putting any weight into the so called sighting of a little toddler with her dad....in a motel in Memphis. :banghead:

Sightings are almost never true sightings.
Everything about Myra's disappearance stinks and I mean everything/:moo:

This is a previous post of mine. Thread 1, post 707

""""Three issues have me concerned:

1. The digging of their yard. (has this happened in any other case where a child is thought to have wondered off?)

2. The amount of time/days Myra has been gone. (Just my opinion here, I would think a two year old would have been found by now. There was a huge search, however, I'm not forgetting about the pond.)

3. LE taking possession of the vehicle. (and this was not done until appx a week into the search)""""""

No 1 appears to have been addressed, the digging was due to finding dirt that had been disturbed from recent septic work.

No 3 LE heard comments of Little Ms Myra being hit by a vehicle. It appears nothing on the vehicle supports this claim.

Now to No 2, it appears there is no evidence Little Mrya is deceased. She has not been found, no clothing or shoes she was wearing have been discovered, etc. And now reports of a possible sighting? I certainly understand what Sheriff Tucker is saying, and this is wonderful news for Myra. I want to believe this little one is being taken care of properly and not being harmed in any way.

Now, just make all the water in that pond vanish for a day or two and things will really be looking positive for Little Myra.

My hopes are high.

#2 made me think --there is no evidence that Myra is alive, imoo....
:(

I don't think you have that to worry about. There are 5 post that plainly state THE PARENTS ARE NOT being sleuthed by our posters on this thread. hth

Reading those posts is key. I lost a friend (in his 30's, to the flu.) I won't be online much. God bless you ALL, for keeping this baby on the front page!

Reading those posts is key. I lost a friend (in his 30's, to the flu.) I won't be online much. God bless you ALL, for keeping this baby on the front page!

I'm sorry for your loss. I will keep you both in my prayers.

Im so sorry to hear about your friend :( I will pray for you

So sorry for your loss. It's never easy, but when they are young and it's unexpected it makes it far more difficult. You and your friends family will be in my thoughts and friends.

(hugs) So sorry for your loss Tulessa.

So sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

It seems the 'sightings' (by 3 people now), have lead to a dead end. :(
See video:

http://wreg.com/2014/03/11/motel-employee-says-she-saw-missing-2-year-old/

I don't know if I'd call it a dead end. Three people allegedly saw her, or at least a little girl that looked like her. The man and the girl were gone by the time police arrived. They say FBI is following up. I imagine the hotel would have some info on who the room was rented too. But LE hasn't ruled it out as a false sighting yet.

I have some hope, because it's kind of unusual for a dad to be staying at a hotel alone with a toddler, no?

I don't know if I'd call it a dead end. Three people allegedly saw her, or at least a little girl that looked like her. The man and the girl were gone by the time police arrived. They say FBI is following up. I imagine the hotel would have some info on who the room was rented too. But LE hasn't ruled it out as a false sighting yet.

I have some hope, because it's kind of unusual for a dad to be staying at a hotel alone with a toddler, no?

Yes, there doesn't appear to be much in the area for vacationing. Lot's of commercial/businesses. The article states the little girl was left in the room while the man went out for food, and there are plenty of fast food businesses close by. Hope they're looking at any and all video footage along the streets. It states there is a social security office nearby, I looked at what I think is the building and if I'm looking at the correct building there are other offices too. Do most of the SS offices have cameras?

The sign on the hotel stated nightly or weekly rates. Rates were economical I thought. Gas stations usually have video and there is one close by also, so out of all these businesses one should have caught the vehicle in question. I so hope they are close on the trail, if even to rule Myra out.

Tulessa, I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's always hard to lose a friend, but so young and such an unexpected way to go must only add to the hurt. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela