MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lack of leads has forced me to go back to the beginning. A lot of the articles are no longer available. In regards to the last sighting of sweet little Myra...I have a few comments and questions:

Mom says she saw Myra walk into the house with an older sibling.
http://www.wapt.com/news/mississipp...sing-in-madison-county/24759292#ixzz2uq2mqrsK

It has been mentioned a few times that the older children said that Myra went with Mom. My question is, did that THINK it or SEE it? Any links to clarify this?

According to this article, dad was taking care of infant child inside when Myra and several other kids went outside to play.
http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/24907111/toddler-search-continues?autostart=true
I am reading this as Myra was inside at one point and then went outside to play. Any thoughts or other info on this? Hard to know if this was before or after Mom left!?

Lastly, curious about 2 more things not necessarily related to the sightings but to the search in general and I can't find the darn links.
(1) Someone reported that the dogs last picked up Myra's scent at the road. Were these the family dogs used by Dad in his search or dogs used by LE?
(2) I remember reading that Dad used an ATV to search for Myra until it stalled. Curious as to where the ATV was last located if it stalled. Did it stall in the woods? Or was the ATV parked by the house? Seems as though there was mention of police tape around the ATV.

No speculation of parents here. Just clarification of facts that were previously linked.

Thanks in advance and my statements above are JMO.

The lack of leads has forced me to go back to the beginning. A lot of the articles are no longer available. In regards to the last sighting of sweet little Myra...I have a few comments and questions:

Mom says she saw Myra walk into the house with an older sibling.
http://www.wapt.com/news/mississipp...sing-in-madison-county/24759292#ixzz2uq2mqrsK

It has been mentioned a few times that the older children said that Myra went with Mom. My question is, did that THINK it or SEE it? Any links to clarify this?

According to this article, dad was taking care of infant child inside when Myra and several other kids went outside to play.
http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/24907111/toddler-search-continues?autostart=true
I am reading this as Myra was inside at one point and then went outside to play. Any thoughts or other info on this? Hard to know if this was before or after Mom left!?

[modsnip]

Lastly, curious about 2 more things not necessarily related to the sightings but to the search in general and I can't find the darn links.
(1) Someone reported that the dogs last picked up Myra's scent at the road. Were these the family dogs used by Dad in his search or dogs used by LE?
(2) I remember reading that Dad used an ATV to search for Myra until it stalled. Curious as to where the ATV was last located if it stalled. Did it stall in the woods? Or was the ATV parked by the house? Seems as though there was mention of police tape around the ATV.

No speculation of parents here. Just clarification of facts that were previously linked.

Thanks in advance and my statements above are JMO.

March 5

... "We've had our K-9s search the area, as well as upwards of 300 personnel on the ground searching every square inch."

Myra's father, Gregory Lewis, said he noticed she was missing about noon, but the other children told him the toddler was with her mother. He realized Myra was gone when his wife came home about 3 p.m.

Lewis said the family searched the house up and down and then he drove his 4-wheeler around the neighborhood looking for her. The family called police about 4 p.m.

Lewis said the family's dogs, and the dogs used by police, picked up Myra's scent, which ended at the road.

http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mi...-2yearold-was-abducted/24780096#ixzz2voj4jXqS

March 7

Gregory Lewis has publicly recounted searching for the child until his ATV stalled, and tracking her with the family dogs.

Neighbors wondered whether Myra might be with her biological father.

But officials would not address whether Lewis is Myra’s biological father or, if not, where her biological father is.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article...32/Strategy-shifts-search-missing-Camden-girl

March 11

Madison County sheriff Randy Tucker said that the relatives have been fully cooperative and have turned over their SUV for inspection as well as a number of undisclosed items from their home.

<snip>

Sheriff Tucker did tell WJTV that one of the reasons why the SUV is being checked out is in case the toddler was run over by the vehicle.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-daughters-disappearance.html#ixzz2vogjKxy6

DeDee - For sake of space, I didn't quote you...but THANKS SO MUCH for the links. I will be adding thoughts soon. I'm off to the daily grind for now...

There is talk, which means rumors... That the extended family is making comments in church, work, etc that the little girl went to the store with the mom... Ears to the ground here. I live very close by.

I believe key answers will come from the children. I know the reports say that the children told their father that Myra went to the store with Mom. The million dollar question is did they see it. Did they in fact see her being put into her car seat by Mom.

http://www.wapt.com/news/central-mi...-2yearold-was-abducted/24780096#ixzz2voj4jXqS

If that is the case, that may be the actual last sighting of little Myra.

On the flip side, I can point blank ask my 7 year old to entertain our 18 month old while I cook. Before I know it, he is off to something else and she is back under my feet. His excuse..."I thought you were watching her..."

So hard to know here. Sweet Myra...we won't give up on you!!

JMO

I just think that if no one saw anything bad happen to Myra then she probably wandered off. It is hard to imagine the kids believing Myra went with mom and mom saying Myra stayed there and mom did something on their trip to Myra. Just doesn't really make sense to me as much as Myra wandering off amongst the confusion.

I can't remember now what time Mom actually left to go shopping?
Was it close enough to lunch that the children just stayed in and talked to Dad?
Or, did they watch a favorite tv program while waiting for lunch?
Or, was it a case of kids playing inside and out up to lunchtime when Dad missed Myra?
What was the weather that morning, rain, cold, coats or shoes on and off?
Was Myra talking verbally or just making sounds and motions?
My little 3 yo neighbor is just putting together words.

Embedded video report

ttp://www.clarionledger.com/videonetwork/3324053776001/Reward-offered-as-authorities-up-the-stakes-in-the-Myra-Lewis-investigation

10 days into the search: Where is Myra Lewis?
Reward brings leads, possible sightings

Mar. 11, 2014

Written by
Therese Apel

In the 10 days since the 2-year-old disappeared, reportedly from her yard in Camden, the investigation has taken several turns, but they all lead back to the same question: Where is Myra?

(snip)
Throughout the case, Madison County Sheriff Randy Tucker says he’s remaining optimistic, and that he thinks the case will have a “positive outcome.” At the same time Tucker says he believes the child is alive, he says he does not have reason to believe she has been kidnapped.

(snip)
March 1-3
The child’s family reports her missing after her mother, Ericka Lewis, says she saw her and one of her sisters in the yard. Ericka Lewis tells police she was on her way to the store and told the two children to go inside the house, where Gregory Lewis, Ericka’s husband, was looking after their 1-month-old.

Officials won’t say what happened between the time Ericka Lewis said she saw her daughter, and when police were called.

“I don’t want to get into too much what transpired that day. There are statements from everyone involved that are pretty accurate with one another,” Tucker says. “We’ve put together a timeline of events based on those statements. We feel pretty comfortable that Myra was last seen about the hours of 10 and 11 a.m., so that’s what we’re going on until anything changes it.”

(much more @ link)

http://www.clarionledger.com/article/20140312/NEWS/303110046/10-days-into-search-Where-Myra-Lewis-

This story has two separate html links on google search, with one dated March 11 and the other dated the 12th. The only other difference was minor (in the title). The March 12th story does not say "updated" which is what we usually see, so maybe it was a publishing/posting error. The stories themselves, as well as the URLs appear to be the same. The 10 day mark is March 11th, FWIW.

Was it close enough to lunch that the children just stayed in and talked to Dad?
Or, was it a case of kids playing inside and out up to lunchtime when Dad missed Myra?

According to reports, she was last seen around 11 am, which would suggest thats about the time she left to go shopping.

According to weather underground, there was no rain, it was a high of 78 degrees and a low of 51 degrees in that area.

As a speech-language pathologist (i haven't registered as this for WS, because this area of expertise is never really need on these cases!) I can tell you there is a big difference between language performance right at 24 months vs. 36 months. I haven't seen what Myras birthday is to be sure where she falls on the continuum. I would expect her to be able to produce 2 word utterances if she was a child with no developmental delays.

Not pointing figures at all but... does mom show up on surveillance where she said she was shopping???? Haven't seen that this has been reported and mom is still in jail on a hold from DHS, other kids have been removed. There's got to be a reason.

She was last seen according to reports at 10:30-11.
The dad noticed she was missing at noon, but was told by the children she was with mom.
The children were inside according to mom, just inside the door. So, dad must have been asleep, far away and then the children went back outside for him to not have noticed her.
Not sure is she spoke or when her next birthday is, but all children are different. My niece will be two in April and she speaks clear sentences and has since around 1 1/2. My cousin is 1 1/2 and speaks words, he's a boy. He goes to "school" and she stays home with family. Her brother spoke at a young age, where as my cousin who barely speaks, his brother also barely spoke.
I just think all kids are different. I could read full books before I started kindergarten and write my name along with a bunch of words.

She was last seen according to reports at 10:30-11.
The dad noticed she was missing at noon, but was told by the children she was with mom.
The children were inside according to mom, just inside the door. So, dad must have been asleep, far away and then the children went back outside for him to not have noticed her.
Not sure is she spoke or when her next birthday is, but all children are different. My niece will be two in April and she speaks clear sentences and has since around 1 1/2. My cousin is 1 1/2 and speaks words, he's a boy. He goes to "school" and she stays home with family. Her brother spoke at a young age, where as my cousin who barely speaks, his brother also barely spoke.
I just think all kids are different. I could read full books before I started kindergarten and write my name along with a bunch of words.

Also, one of the first thing you see in these cases, is video footage being released. We do not have that here. IMO that's very suspicious.....

Embedded video report

ttp://www.clarionledger.com/videonetwork/3324053776001/Reward-offered-as-authorities-up-the-stakes-in-the-Myra-Lewis-investigation

10 days into the search: Where is Myra Lewis?
Reward brings leads, possible sightings

Mar. 11, 2014

Written by
Therese Apel

Officials won&#8217;t say what happened between the time Ericka Lewis said she saw her daughter, and when police were called.

&#8220;I don&#8217;t want to get into too much what transpired that day. There are statements from everyone involved that are pretty accurate with one another,&#8221;

(Snipped by me)

This case seems to have much withheld from the public. Why "officials won't say what transpired between the time Ericka Lewis said she saw her daughter and when police were called"? What really went on that is not being told? A mother is gone for hours and her child disappears during this time! I am not sleuthing the mom, the pieces say it by themselves. Mother gone, child disappears, moms shopping area not disclosed, mom arrested on outstanding warrant, mom makes bail, DHS slaps charges to keep mom in jail??! All published in msm.

"statements pretty accurate with one another" - how can this be when children say one thing and mom says another? Guess one disregards WHICH statement?
Peculiar remark?!

Several pictures from the search at this link:

Courtney Ann Jackson &#8207;@courtneyannj 7m
Dive teams from Madison & Ridgeland have wrapped up their 2nd day of searching the pond across from Myra Lewis' home

https://twitter.com/courtneyannj

https://twitter.com/courtneyannj

Courtney Ann Jackson &#8207;@courtneyannj 5m
Dive teams from Madison & Ridgeland have wrapped up their 2nd day of searching the pond across from Myra Lewis' home.

Courtney Ann Jackson &#8207;@courtneyannj 4m
They say they've done grid searches in the water and put hands on every inch of the pond. #searchformyralewis

Courtney Ann Jackson &#8207;@courtneyannj 3m
Recap: they've put boats with sonar in the pond twice and sent divers in two days. Nothing found.

Courtney Ann Jackson &#8207;@courtneyannj 2m
Crews tell me the depth can go from 2-14 ft quickly when divers are searching. They have to keep safety top of mind.

BBM
The weather was absolutely gorgeous that day. I remember it well because it had been so cold, gray and dreary for an unusually long time for us Mississippians. I remember thinking (initially) that she probably just didn't want to come inside.

I guess they've have wrapped it up for today. Sounds like they are leaving no stone unturned. I cane imagine how these search crews must feel at the end of another day without finding this baby.

@radamsWJTV: Dive teams spent 3 hours in water as deep as 14 feet removing debris and looking for 2 year old #MyraLewis. http://t.co/h1a0ygcpCA

Dive teams from Madison and Ridgeland return to pond to search for missing
toddler. pic.twitter.com/hGvFfS2DeR
Dive teams spent 3 hours in water as deep as 14 feet removing debris and looking for 2 year old #MyraLewis. pic.twitter.com/h1a0ygcpCA

https://mobile.twitter.com/radamsWJTV

I guess they've have wrapped it up for today. Sounds like they are leaving no stone unturned. I can't imagine how these search crews must feel at the end of another day without finding this baby.

@radamsWJTV: Dive teams spent 3 hours in water as deep as 14 feet removing debris and looking for 2 year old #MyraLewis. http://t.co/h1a0ygcpCA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela