MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No plans to search Mt. Pilgrim Road again at this time.
They believe Myra is still alive; no reason to believe otherwise.
Switching from search mode to investigation mode

That's such a washed down statement from him.

They have always been in investigative mode. IMO.

The fact that the Sheriff wouldn't answer the question about the Mom being involved or not, says a lot to me. (NOT accusing, just opining)

Totally agree. Especially since the very first post on the first thread stated mom and dad were not person of interests....that article is no longer valid. NOT accusing. Just stated facts.

I have an audio recording of the presser. I am sure a video clip will be posted before I finish transcribing it :facepalm:

Ok super sleuthers, what criteria has to be met ,if any, for a crime to go from local, state to FBI ? Is it as simple as local LE reaching out to FBI and asking for help ? Or does FBI have to have some certain elements to get involved?

Thank God it's not bad news. There is HOPE !

The FBI being involved in missing child cases is standard operating procedure. There was a Federal law passed years ago.

Totally agree. Especially since the very first post on the first thread stated mom and dad were not person of interests....that article is no longer valid. NOT accusing. Just stated facts.

But yet they believe Myra is alive. Do they think mom hid her for some reason???

Lost my live stream. The 20k reward for INFO speaks loudly to me. I feel that they have analyzed the community well. I'm hoping movement will happen now.

So what we take from that is she was abducted, reason to believe she is alive and Mum may be involved?

I still don't feel like we have that much information about this case. we have information about the family and the statement of what happened...but it doesn't seem like they have given us any other information to go off of.

I don't even know what to think... :banghead:

But yet they believe Myra is alive. Do they think mom hid her for some reason???

My two cents...I don't really think they think she's alive, but they have no proof she isn't, so to say otherwise is premature. She is a child and you hold out hope until the last possible moment. As he said, he's optimistic. Most LE are, but deep down they know the likelihood is slim. Maybe it is because of where I live and see such horrible things on the news that I have learned to never have hope, so when good news comes in, I can be surprised and celebrate.

ok... back. talking about mom in jail. Not gonna answer whether mom has anything to do with her disappearance.

Children were removed based on DHS investigation, not ours. Check with them.

FBI:

Significant ground and air searches. FBI offering $20K award on Myra's whereabouts. Hope by offering this award that it will help bring Myra home.

Here are some thoughts - wondering if putting Mom in jail and taking the kids - they are hoping by separating family members from each other they would feel safer or be more likely to talk (if they have any info). It may not have been possible to speak to the kids without the parent present.
Just my thoughts - total speculation and my own opinion.

:tyou
That is not true. They are consulted and only help if need be. They do not help in all missing children cases, not even close. A large percentage are runaways and they don't assist in those unless need be. Even in many average missing children cases they don't assist, but consult and get called in if need be. Example, Michaela Wells. They consulted on that case and only got involved when it was determined she had crossed state lines and the case got a little different.

b b m
Ditto That's my understanding as well :tyou

I didn't hear anything that suggested she was involved.

I didn't either. I honestly think they just don't know what happened. They have no evidence to suggest she isn't alive so they are going on the hope that she is.

So what we take from that is she was abducted, reason to believe she is alive and Mum may be involved?

I didn't "take" any of the above from the presser. Funny how a group of people can listen to the same thing and get two (or twenty) different interpretations! My "take" is that they don't have anything concrete as of yet, they are hoping $20k will entice someone who knows something to come forward, and that they are not, at this time, going to publicly speculate on Mom's involvement.

IMO

Here are some thoughts - wondering if putting Mom in jail and taking the kids - they are hoping by separating family members from each other they would feel safer or be more likely to talk (if they have any info). It may not have been possible to speak to the kids without the parent present.
Just my thoughts - total speculation and my own opinion.

It certainly does shake things (and people) up, doesn't it! So does $$$. :gathering:

Regarding the question of FBI and when they get involved in missing persons cases or if they only get involved if state lines are crossed...

If a child is missing and possibly kidnapped, but no interstate transportation is known, will the FBI begin an investigation?

Yes. The FBI will initiate a kidnapping investigation involving a missing child “of tender years,” even though there is no known interstate aspect. “Tender years” is generally defined as a child 12 years or younger. The FBI will monitor other kidnapping situations when there is no evidence of interstate travel, and it offers assistance from various entities including the FBI Laboratory.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/faqs

I didn't hear anything that suggested she was involved.

It was asked if she was involved and he said, I am not going to answer that. Previously it was stated in MSM that she was not a POI and the article was pulled and deleted. That is the first post on the first page. IMO that's why the poster said MAY. LE typically clears the family first. I am certainly not accusing them, but it concerns me that they haven't been cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela