MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Update from Myra's mother's court appearance today pieced together from twitter sources @crabblers (Mike Evans-WLBT photographer) and David Kenney (WLBT reporter)

Combined tweets of @crabbers:
Ericka Lewis's probation revocation hearing was delayed until May 19th. Reason: Original sentencing judge could not be here. DA Michael Guest tells us Ericka has 3 violations of probation pending. 1) Felon in possession of a firearm 2) failure to pay court costs 3) failure to pay supervision fees. Most interesting part of this? Husband says he didn't even know that his wife had been convicted of food stamp fraud. He admits to having hunting weapons in the home. He tells us that there are many things he wasn't aware of, saying he works long hours. DA tells us also that his office had nothing to do with the removal of the other Lewis children from the home. Says that was DHS. Ericka's family says her hearing continued until next month. Confirming thru DA now. Guest also tells us that the Sheriff's office/FBI has put hundreds of hours into leads in this case and his office is assisting.

@WLBT_DKenney: Ericka Lewis mother of missing toddler Myra Lewis probation revocation hearing postponed till May 19th. She's being held without bond.

@WLBT_DKenney: Myra Lewis's Grandma Antoinette Lewis says she believes toddler was abducted. Hear her viewpoint on the search tonight on WLBT / Fox 40.

Update from Myra's mother's court appearance today pieced together from twitter sources @crabblers (Mike Evans-WLBT photographer) and David Kenney (WLBT reporter)

Combined tweets of @crabbers:
Ericka Lewis's probation revocation hearing was delayed until May 19th. Reason: Original sentencing judge could not be here. DA Michael Guest tells us Ericka has 3 violations of probation pending. 1) Felon in possession of a firearm 2) failure to pay court costs 3) failure to pay supervision fees. Most interesting part of this? Husband says he didn't even know that his wife had been convicted of food stamp fraud. He admits to having hunting weapons in the home. He tells us that there are many things he wasn't aware of, saying he works long hours. DA tells us also that his office had nothing to do with the removal of the other Lewis children from the home. Says that was DHS. Ericka's family says her hearing continued until next month. Confirming thru DA now. Guest also tells us that the Sheriff's office/FBI has put hundreds of hours into leads in this case and his office is assisting.

@WLBT_DKenney: Ericka Lewis mother of missing toddler Myra Lewis probation revocation hearing postponed till May 19th. She's being held without bond.

@WLBT_DKenney: Myra Lewis's Grandma Antoinette Lewis says she believes toddler was abducted. Hear her viewpoint on the search tonight on WLBT / Fox 40.

I wonder if that will be live streamed?

More from Mike Evans of WLBT:

@crabblers: Much more on the latest in #thesearchforMyraLewis on WLBT and Fox40 newscasts. Read as well on http://t.co/Kpi0kCUTvO #day23

@crabblers: DA Guest also tells us Ericka Lewis May face new felon in possession of a firearm charge. That to be decided by a Grand Jury in April.

@crabblers: Most noteworthy is Greg Lewis's claim he knew nothing about his wife's previous conviction. #searchforMyraLewis

@crabblers: Meanwhile all is quiet at the Lewis home on Mt. Pilgrim Rd. in rural Madison Co. More starting at 4:30 on WLBT. #searchforMyraLewis

I saw the mother in law say mom never carried a gun, was afraid of them, and was falsely charged.

Also unrelated (?) police are looking for Adrian Lewis who sped away from a routine traffic stop after giving a false address. Name ring a bell with those of you following SM?

I saw the mother in law say mom never carried a gun, was afraid of them, and was falsely charged.

Also unrelated (?) police are looking for Adrian Lewis who sped away from a routine traffic stop after giving a false address. Name ring a bell with those of you following SM?

BBM
I believe her exact words were "they lied" referring to LE. Mmm hmmm. Right. I'm hoping something will break and soon.

I just saw the WLBT 6pm report where they had a longer interview with the paternal grandmother. She lives in the other home with the clean yard that we saw on the aerial views. That home is just a short distance down the road from the Lewis home. Grandma says that Myra would often walk along the road by herself (*cringeing* at a two year old doing this) to their house and knock on their door. She said they were not at home that day but the family dogs behavior indicated to her that Myra disappeared from her (the grandmother's) driveway.

She also asked that Myra be returned with no bruises or marks and that she loved her very much. She says that Myra was only two, but was very obedient and behaved more like a three or four year old.

I just saw the WLBT 6pm report where they had a longer interview with the paternal grandmother. She lives in the other home with the clean yard that we saw on the aerial views. That home is just a short distance down the road from the Lewis home. Grandma says that Myra would often walk along the road by herself (*cringeing* at a two year old doing this) to their house and knock on their door. She said they were not at home that day but the family dogs behavior indicated to her that Myra disappeared from her (the grandmother's) driveway.

She also asked that Myra be returned with no bruises or marks and that she loved her very much. She says that Myra was only two, but was very obedient and behaved more like a three or four year old.

Oh, I see. So letting her walk alone was okie dokie. Being like a 3-4 year old totally makes sense. :banghead::banghead:

Oh, I see. So letting her walk alone was okie dokie. Being like a 3-4 year old totally makes sense. :banghead::banghead:

Exactly. :facepalm::tantrum::banghead:

I've been waiting patiently all day for a new video or article after they mentioned earlier they'd be talking to her. Do you possibly have a link? I can't find anything on their site at all and haven't seen anything yet on twitter.

Are you freakin kidding me? This makes me just furious! I have a 4 yr old GD that is very mature for her age and we wouldnt even let her out the front door unattended! Ugh...poor Myra :( and no wonder DHS took the other children! MOO

Are you freakin kidding me? This makes me just furious! I have a 4 yr old GD that is very mature for her age and we wouldnt even let her out the front door unattended! Ugh...poor Myra :( and no wonder DHS took the other children! MOO

omygaw,.,,,, ditto your post!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Who the )++_*( allows a 2 year old to walk anywhere alone?
Wonder if sitting in jail another month or so will rattle anyone's memory?

Still praying this baby is found and brought home.

I thought all adults had to be listed on food stamp applications. If this man's name was listed as a parent, why was he not questioned about the fraud? Maybe only one does the application and signs it, so that's the one who gets into trouble.

Also, I have grandchildren, and if one was walking to my house, down a country winding road, I would be all over the parents. It's dangerous in more ways than one. If Myra went missing from either driveway, I would have to think it's somebody around that area. I didn't think there was much traffic. But if someone has a seen this child walking alone on a regular basis, it could have been somebody who drives by there often. Maybe mom ran the show and dad is lost without her telling him what to do. He seems to be oblivious to things. Due to nothing being found around the house, and nobody talking, it's just a guess. Just MO.

Interesting how the grandmother says EL does not carry a gun nor is she around them because she's afraid of them. But yet we already know that LE found guns "out in the open" when they searched inside house. So... where exactly did EL stay on the property then... on the roof??

I'm so baffled after watching this latest video. I had to watch it 7 times. Grandmother seems so very certain that what she is saying is the truth. Why? Is it because EL told her that? If so, how can she believe her when she obviously hasn't even been honest with her own husband. He says he did not know she was charged with food stamp fraud or on probation. If he is really telling the truth about that (and I honestly believe that he is) then maybe the kids were right when they said Myra went with mom the day she vanished.

I really feel so terrible for Myra's family. It's obvious that dad and grandmother love her very much from what I've seen of them in videos. But I don't think EL has been, or is being, honest about a LOT of things. They need to stop standing behind her and demand some answers from her. JMO

Interesting how the grandmother says EL does not carry a gun nor is she around them because she's afraid of them. But yet we already know that LE found guns "out in the open" when they searched inside house. So... where exactly did EL stay on the property then... on the roof??

I'm so baffled after watching this latest video. I had to watch it 7 times. Grandmother seems so very certain that what she is saying is the truth. Why? Is it because EL told her that? If so, how can she believe her when she obviously hasn't even been honest with her own husband. He says he did not know she was charged with food stamp fraud or on probation. If he is really telling the truth about that (and I honestly believe that he is) then maybe the kids were right when they said Myra went with mom the day she vanished.

I really feel so terrible for Myra's family. It's obvious that dad and grandmother love her very much from what I've seen of them in videos. But I don't think EL has been, or is being, honest about a LOT of things. They need to stop standing behind her and demand some answers from her. JMO

I agree. I actually do believe the father is telling the truth. The grandmother...no. I think the only truthful thing she has said, is they allowed Myra to walk.

I agree. I actually do believe the father is telling the truth. The grandmother...no. I think the only truthful thing she has said, is they allowed Myra to walk.

I'm hoping she was, like little old grandmas tend to do, embellishing a bit. When you look at the properties on Google maps there is clearly a trail that runs between the two houses. I wonder if she means that Myra walked over using that path? Which I still think is a bit ridiculous! But that road... although the speed limit is 40 there is a curve right before the grandmother's house and I can see someone coming around that turn faster than 40 and coming upon a toddler on the road. Surely someone in the family has enough sense to not let a toddler on the actual road! :banghead:

Babies do not just disappear. Somebody knows where this baby is !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879