MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm - It really wouldn't matter in Myra's case because the van was found around 3pm on Thursday Feb 27. Myra didn't go missing until March 1.

Like a couple others here I tried to link the two cases somehow. But after sifting through many profiles on SM and going back over MSM links, I honestly don't think the two cases are related at all. Other than some friends or family of the Lewis family knowing friends or family of the Joseph family, I don't think there is any connection. JMOO

Yes, you're so right about the dates and I agree!!

bbm - It really wouldn't matter in Myra's case because the van was found around 3pm on Thursday Feb 27. Myra didn't go missing until March 1.

Like a couple others here I tried to link the two cases somehow. But after sifting through many profiles on SM and going back over MSM links, I honestly don't think the two cases are related at all. Other than some friends or family of the Lewis family knowing friends or family of the Joseph family, I don't think there is any connection. JMOO

Probably not related. However, it has never been established when Myra was last seen by anyone besides her parents. Has her dad even for sure said "I saw her that day." Do we know if he works? When he came home? Too many unanswered questions in my opinion to rule anything out.

For all we know, "inside tending the baby" could mean asleep in bed with the baby after a shift at work or a night out with friends.

If they were related, I'm not thinking a random stranger drove by and picked her up.

Since LE has gotten nowhere, I think it's time they release more information so someone CAN play connect the dots. Somebody knows. The person who could help just can't see all the dots.

What does "via Myra's" mean?

This just means there are two routes of nearly equal distance from the Joseph home to "ten minutes from the Atlanta airport" where the van was found. Taking the one through Jackson, it's 9 hours.

Looking at google maps, it did look like Myra lived on a dead end dirt road beside and behind the grandmother's house. I can believe that the children traveled on the path between the two houses regularly because it clearly shows on the map. I wonder if there were aunts or uncles also living nearby? Sometimes property is divided up between the children. One big happy family.

According to the video, it sounds like the grandmother believes Myra may have come over and knocked on her door but that day they (Grandmother and whoever lived with her?) weren't home so they really wouldn't know if she did or not. The family dogs seem to lose her scent at the road. Most country family dogs are very protective of their territory and would not let a stranger get near their property but the grandmother does live on a public road. Did LE use scent dogs and they verified this?

I can see the mother telling the children to go into the house as she was leaving to do her shopping and has probably done it numerous times.

As far as the father, he was busy with the baby and if all the children had come in and were running around, I can see where he might not have noticed Myra wasn't with them until they set down to eat in one place. Is it possible they don't have a house phone and maybe a cell phone doesn't have enough bars to even work?

The guns don't bother me too much as long as they are not loaded and the ammo is locked and out of reach. I know a lot of men and women who carry a gun in their glove compartment just in case for their protection. I wonder if the father had the gun in the car and she never even thought about it? Do they have more than one car?

Since they have searched the area extensively, I guess we can rule out that Myra was snake bitten or lost in the woods.

I guess I am leaning more towards an abduction at this time.

Why has it not been brought out here that dad has an arrest record including larceny and two counts of domestic violence?

Probably because we are not supposed to sleuth anyone unless LE has named them a POI or suspect.

Why has it not been brought out here that dad has an arrest record including larceny and two counts of domestic violence?

Unless a person is a POI, they can't be sleuthed on here. So, dad's arrest history can't be mentioned. Moms is different because it is in MSM. If dad's arrests are in MSM, which they may be, then you can link the site and mention it.

msmamanana, Can you edit your post concerning the father here? He's not sleuthable, and we don't want this thread shut down. TIA! :)

Don't think we can sleuth dad and talk about it here as he has not be named a POI or suspect.

Oops, y'all beat me to it. Should have read posts before posting.

Perhaps I should remove my reply... was thinking it was okay since it was a statement from MSM

Looking at google maps, it did look like Myra lived on a dead end dirt road beside and behind the grandmother's house. I can believe that the children traveled on the path between the two houses regularly because it clearly shows on the map. I wonder if there were aunts or uncles also living nearby? Sometimes property is divided up between the children. One big happy family.

According to the video, it sounds like the grandmother believes Myra may have come over and knocked on her door but that day they (Grandmother and whoever lived with her?) weren't home so they really wouldn't know if she did or not. The family dogs seem to lose her scent at the road. Most country family dogs are very protective of their territory and would not let a stranger get near their property but the grandmother does live on a public road. Did LE use scent dogs and they verified this?

I can see the mother telling the children to go into the house as she was leaving to do her shopping and has probably done it numerous times.

As far as the father, he was busy with the baby and if all the children had come in and were running around, I can see where he might not have noticed Myra wasn't with them until they set down to eat in one place. Is it possible they don't have a house phone and maybe a cell phone doesn't have enough bars to even work?

The guns don't bother me too much as long as they are not loaded and the ammo is locked and out of reach. I know a lot of men and women who carry a gun in their glove compartment just in case for their protection. I wonder if the father had the gun in the car and she never even thought about it? Do they have more than one car?

Since they have searched the area extensively, I guess we can rule out that Myra was snake bitten or lost in the woods.

I guess I am leaning more towards an abduction at this time.

BBM

She was charged with being a felon in possession of a concealed weapon. In Mississippi, that does not include the glove box of your car. The car is an extension of your home, therefore not concealed if anywhere in your car. The word concealed means that the weapon was in her purse, pocket, pants etc. Of course, as a felon she is not allowed to be in possession of any firearm anywhere but the arrest was clearly for a concealed weapon. I verified this info with a retired LE officer. News media reported yesterday that there might be more weapons charges coming. I think that might be pertaining to the hunting rifles in the home. JMO.

msmamanana, Can you edit your post concerning the father here? He's not sleuthable, and we don't want this thread shut down. TIA! :)

Done. Not sure why this site is not called Web-discussing-what-has-been-determined-and-printed-consolidated-here-now. Frustrating. It takes a lot of people and a lot of time to cover MSM and social media, maps, RSO sites, old records, etc. It would be amazing if people could work together in that way to try to find the child. I get protecting the innocent, but I don't really understand how reprinting news only helps accomplish finding the missing. If it were my child, I would want you guys to tear the Internet apart looking for anybody who even so much as mentioned my child. Confused.

Clarification: You people are smart. LE never has enough resources or knowledge of social media. You all could be a huge asset.

BBM

She was charged with being a felon in possession of a concealed weapon. In Mississippi, that does not include the glove box of your car. The car is an extension of your home, therefore not concealed if anywhere in your car. The word concealed means that the weapon was in her purse, pocket, pants etc. Of course, as a felon she is not allowed to be in possession of any firearm anywhere but the arrest was clearly for a concealed weapon. I verified this info with a retired LE officer. News media reported yesterday that there might be more weapons charges coming. I think that might be pertaining to the hunting rifles in the home. JMO.

Mace is a concealed weapon in possession of a felon. So is a knife. Did MSM <Mod Snip> say for sure it was a GUN? Asking because I don't know.

Mace is a concealed weapon in possession of a felon. So is a knife. Did MSM <Mod Snip> say for sure it was a GUN? Asking because I don't know.

One bullet in a pocket would be enough for charges. So yes, you're correct. I do not recall seeing the weapon described explicitly. It really doesn't matter.

As far as sticking to the rules regarding MSM, that is in place to keep this forum from becoming like those Facebook pages that get so out of control. People go wild with gossip and sometimes all that gossip leads to things happening in cases that are tragic. In my opinion, it is better to stick to the facts of the case. Even though it is frustrating sometimes when there are facts that are true but not discussable, it is still better to be safe rather than sorry. JMO.

Fair enough. Other than identifying Does or locating families of the unclaimed, in five words or less, what does reprinting news stories accomplish toward FINDING anyone, especialy a missing two year old? Or are we just waiting and gossiping? Seriously?

No one has been named a person of interest by LE including mom. Nobody. They are not going to unless they make an arrest.

One bullet in a pocket would be enough for charges. So yes, you're correct. I do not recall seeing the weapon described explicitly. It really doesn't matter.

As far as sticking to the rules regarding MSM, that is in place to keep this forum from becoming like those Facebook pages that get so out of control. People go wild with gossip and sometimes all that gossip leads to things happening in cases that are tragic. In my opinion, it is better to stick to the facts of the case. Even though it is frustrating sometimes when there are facts that are true but not discussable, it is still better to be safe rather than sorry. JMO.

I thought LE said they observed guns in plan view, inside the home.

I thought LE said they observed guns in plan view, inside the home.

You are correct. But according to my retired LE friend, that would not constitute concealed weapons charges. If that was the case, then it the charges would/should be simply felon in possession of. He says that concealed comes from carrying. MSM media yesterday mentioned possible future weapons charges. Maybe that is pertaining to the weapons in plain view? IDK. It is interesting, but my friend is adamant that the word concealed in that arrest warrant is very intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vliegtuig