MS MS - Shondra May, 17, Forest, 4 Feb 1986

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have access to an online newspaper archive database through my college. I have found many articles about Shondra's case. I can't copy and paste the entire articles, but I can paraphrase info that hasn't been stated already.

1.) Shondra's body was found by an off-duty Jackson firefighter who was fishing
2.) Shondra's keys were in the ignition of her car
3.) Shondra's head had been struck by a heavy object
4.) 4 people had taken polygraph tests about Shondra's case (March '86)
5.) LE was investigating whether a 1966 van was connected to Shondra's case. It had been sold by a transient for $200 shortly before Shondra's case in Warren County. The transient said he was going to find work in Vicksburg but left town after Shondra's body was found. There was a pillow, and a mattress with sheets and blankets inside the van. (March '86)
6.) In August 1992, LE questioned Rubin R. Weeks about Shondra's case. He had been questioned earlier on in the case, but ruled out. The renewed interest in Weeks was due to him being arrested for the rape of a motel clerk. Weeks followed the woman from her job, and flagged her down on a rural road.
7.) William Kenneth McLain was also questioned in Shondra's case because he had pretended to be LE when he stopped a woman and sexually assaulted her (1993). A 1994 article said that McLain was a suspect in Shondra's murder.
8.) Shondra left McDonald's at 7:40. She brought the V-Day card at 7:45. Her family found her car at 8:30
9.) A 1998 article said the police were looking at DNA testing as a way to solve the case

Source: Access World News

The MBI supposedly has a new lead and a new angle on the case and they are investigating it. Keep you fingers crossed

Thank you so much for the update, TRMay. I'm always checking for news on this case. Please keep us posted. :crossfingers:

Weird question-were there drag marks leading from Shondra's car?

No, there were no drag marks. There were three small footprints leading away from the driver’s side of the car and going toward the back of the car and then they just disappeared. It was always assumed that the footprints belonged her.

Just posting to keep this thread alive and see if there are any new updates on the case.

A new article about Shondra has been written by a Mr. Wayne Brown. There is no new evidence reveled in the article but as long as people keep writing and probing and taking an interest in the case it will never be forgotten and maybe one day it will be solved. To find the article by Wayne Brown just Google Shondra May Mystery.

Thanks Tim for the heads up about the article. This is the most detailed account of Shondra's case that I have ever read. Here is the link.
http://waynebrown.hubpages.com/hub/THE-SHONDRA-MAY-MYSTERY

6941941_f120.jpg

Thanks so much for letting us know about this new article, trmay, and kudos to Mr. Brown. He's amassed a great deal of information.

It's been awhile since I have visited Shondra's thread, but I am happy to report that there is active investigation still going on in this case. There are two determined investigators who will solve this case. How am I so sure? They interviewed me this morning at the MBI headquarters. I was able to tell them everything I knew and thought. They were able to share with me that they are hot on the trail of several persons of interest. They are actively interviewing many people regarding this case. I believe it is almost over.

Nice to see you, jokie. I looked at this thread again just 2-3 nights ago and searched the web for new information. I didn't find any news in MSM, but comments I read here and there made it sound like Shondra's case was moving forward. So good to know! Thanks for updating us.

I thought this case had some similarities to Cynthia Davis's case
from Huntsville, Alabama. Does anyone think these might be related?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

sorry cant figure out how to post a link to the thread.

Thanks for your comments Bessie and Traacker13. I have had many ideas over the years and even heard certain names. These people are not being actively investigated at this time. This crime concerns a small number of people who actually knew Shondra. To me, it fits. Hopefully her death will have justice soon. Keep on checking.

Traccker, why don't you post the details of the Cynthia Davis crime. I would be very interested in reading about her case.

Bessie, I would really be interested in knowing about the comments you referred to. Was it another web forum? Please let me know what you have found.

The manner in which both were found is also something of interest. Both were wrapped in plastic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics
Back