MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/14/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
snipped from : http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/1...lead-to-big-break-in-baby-lisa-investigation/

It’s been over a month now since Missouri baby Lisa Irwin went missing from her Kansas City home. But now, family lawyer Joe Tacopina says a mystery phone call could hold a clue that could not only lead to finding the one-year-old, but also to clearing her parents of any suspicion.

BBM: JT is "spinning" this so hard it's making me dizzzzzzzzzy ... :crazy:

IMO ... this is just another "defense tactic" to create "doubt" for the "public" and the "potential jury pool" ...

"Give it up", JT ... I'm not "buying" it ...

MOO ...

snipped from : http://foxnewsinsider.com/2011/11/1...lead-to-big-break-in-baby-lisa-investigation/

It’s been over a month now since Missouri baby Lisa Irwin went missing from her Kansas City home. But now, family lawyer Joe Tacopina says a mystery phone call could hold a clue that could not only lead to finding the one-year-old, but also to clearing her parents of any suspicion.

BBM: JT is "spinning" this so hard it's making me dizzzzzzzzzy ... :crazy:

IMO ... this is just another "defense tactic" to create "doubt" for the "public" and the "potential jury pool" ...

"Give it up", JT ... I'm not "buying" it ...

MOO ...

That doesn't sound like "spin" to me. Sounds like truth.

Do you disagree that the phone call is the one true solid clue in this case? And that so far, it appears they don't know who made the call?

But we don't know when the phones were disposed of or why. It's possible that DB dumped hers or all 3 in the garbage on the wine store run earlier in the day for some unknown crazy reason.

That's a really good piece, except the reporter apparently calling the Irwin's local lawyer Joe Paterno twice. : (

RBBM: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: I just listened ... and omg ... she does refer to the local attorney as "Paterno" ... and Paterno has plenty of problems, not needing his name mentioned in "this story" ...

MOO ...

That doesn't sound like "spin" to me. Sounds like truth.

Do you disagree that the phone call is the one true solid clue in this case? And that so far, it appears they don't know who made the call?

The phone call could just as easily lead back to his client. The need to investigate it exists regardless of whom you represent.

But we don't know when the phones were disposed of or why. It's possible that DB dumped hers or all 3 in the garbage on the wine store run earlier in the day for some unknown crazy reason.

Anything is possible, but that means someone went into the trash can after the fact and tried to make a phone call to MW.

I'm just guessing.........but with the amount of spin coming out about the call, at the very least LE has prolly' told DB and her camp that they think DB made it. That's why the lawyers are so busy trying to make it look like someone else did..............actually I think the power point presentation that JT said LE showed them was saying just that.

Anything is possible, but that means someone went into the trash can after the fact and tried to make a phone call to MW.

Correct, so it would be completly a red herring, having nothing to do with DB/JI or the baby missing. Not that I believe this, it's just one of 3 options.

dog posts were moved over to the dog thread

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=152518"]Cadaver dog hit on scent in DBs bedroom - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

So you're saying that someone stole the phones unrelated to Baby Lisa's disappearance?

From what I can tell, that's the ONLY way the phone caller is not related to Baby Lisa's disappearance.

If the parents made that call, it implicates them.

If someone ELSE made that call, it implicates them.

I can't see another scenario - someone other than the Irwins had possession of that phone, and they are unrelated to Lisa's disappearance.

I agree. It is theoretically possible that someone stole the phones on the exact same night that someone else kidnapped the baby in unrelated crimes, but it is so statistically low of a possibility that it's not even really worth thinking about.

It's clear that Dane is involved. The question is, who called him? Who does he know? Does he know either of the parents? Any of the neighbors? It's pretty likely that he knows Jersey, since he knows MW.

And, it's troubling that he is reported to be involved with serious criminal activities. Very troubling. I hope LE is on him like glue.

snippets from : http://fox4kc.com/2011/11/14/man-claims-roommate-had-phone-night-of-mysterious-irwin-call/

KANSAS CITY, Mo. – ... A metro man said he knows who was on the other end of a phone call that was made from a cell phone belonging to one of Lisa’s parents the night of her disappearance.
He also added that he was unaware of anyone in the house knowing either Deborah Bradley or Jeremy Irwin, Lisa’s parents.

:waitasec: So now we have a man who "claims" to know WHO was "on the other end of a phone call" made the night BL "disappeared" ...

And Megan W "claims" she did NOT have her phone when this "mysterious" phone call was made -- that a "Dane" was using her phone ...

IMO ... WHOEVER made that call from the Bradley/Irwin "phone" IMO has some sort of "connection to either MW, Dane, or someone else in that house ... and this "connection" may or may NOT have anything to BL's "disappearance" ... KWIM ?

:waitasec: I just do not believe this was a "coincidence" ...

MOO ...

bbm= I don't believe anyone was on the other end of it. I don't think it went through at all, either to voice mail or to an actual person. I think it went to verizon message center. As per Jim Spellman, MW has been very consistent with him regarding getting her phone back between 11:30 and 12:00...IF the call was made, as is now being reported, at 11:57, it's very possible MW had her phone back...but again, I don't think a call actually went through.

(Hi - I'm not ragging on you - I just kept thinking of stuff as I was writing. Not insinuating that you believe anything I wrote :) )

The only way that would make any sense at all is if she was deliberately planning to kill (or sell, or hide) the baby later on. Otherwise, it's pretty clear that at least two people saw the baby after she was at the store, so DB would not have known to toss the phones.

If she did hurt or kill Lisa between the last sighting of her (6:30 - neighbor's daughter) and 10:30 (or 11:30) the she had to have an accomplice, and could possibly have tossed the phones at that time, but it would have had to be between 6:30 and 8:00-ish to allow for the earliest call. So the neighbor, at LEAST would have had to be involved in the crime.

Even if one are willing to believe that a normal mom would coverup the death of her baby (or SELL her), it's hard to believe that she could convince her neighbor to help her. How would THAT conversation go? KWIM? There would have to be a whole lot more than just a neighbor relationship, plus 2 seemingly normal women would have to be twisted and evil. It just doesn't make any sense.

The phone call could just as easily lead back to his client. The need to investigate it exists regardless of whom you represent.

Exactly. JT must have a lot of faith in DB/JI's innocence to be pushing that idea. If Dane knows whats going on and the parents are involved, that would be a really bad thing for them. So they MUST have convinced JT that they are innocent.

bbm= I don't believe anyone was on the other end of it. I don't think it went through at all, either to voice mail or to an actual person. I think it went to verizon message center. As per Jim Spellman, MW has been very consistent with him regarding getting her phone back between 11:30 and 12:00...IF the call was made, as is now being reported, at 11:57, it's very possible MW had her phone back...but again, I don't think a call actually went through.

But remember - she had three phones. 2 were restricted (confirmed by LE), but the third phone was borrowed from (someone's dad/grandfather?). No one has said which phone made the calls. It COULD have been the third (borrowed) phone, in which case, it's very possible that the call(s) and/or VM(s) actually connected.

Just some thoughts on the 11:57pm call to MW's phone.....
According to MW, she had this phone number for 4 or 5 months. This would be during the time that she was living with Jersey.
Jersey is know in the Irwin neighborhood as a homeless handyman and did work there.

Possible, Jersey used MW's phone number to give people to call if they needed any work done. It may be that DB or JI knew Jersey in the handyman capacity and put the phone number in their phones to call if they wanted him to do some work for them.

Now, DB wants to call JI because she hasn't heard from him and he didn't come home by 10:30pm when she expected him. In her stupor, she tried to call Jeremy (work #) and when listing contacts alphabetically, she went one name down to far and it pulled up Jersey (MW) and that is who she called.

I personally believe the call never went through to MW's phone but went to the Verizon service center. It would still show as a number called on DB phone but would not show where it eventually ended up being answered.

Okay, mind -- I have officially lost it.

Can someone clear up things for me?

I thought that the people in the house with MW said that "nobody in the house used or has ever used MW phone" -- we got that statement over, and over from people in the house.

Now, today, I am seeing this video report that someone in the house DID use her phone? And now that person is missing/took off?

*head scratch*

I agree. It is theoretically possible that someone stole the phones on the exact same night that someone else kidnapped the baby in unrelated crimes, but it is so statistically low of a possibility that it's not even really worth thinking about.

It's clear that Dane is involved. The question is, who called him? Who does he know? Does he know either of the parents? Any of the neighbors? It's pretty likely that he knows Jersey, since he knows MW.

And, it's troubling that he is reported to be involved with serious criminal activities. Very troubling. I hope LE is on him like glue.

BBM. It's not clear to me he is involved. It's clear because he may or may not have gotten a call from one of DB's cell phones? And all this info. is coming from a couple people that lived in a meth/flop house? I'll wait for more info. before I implicate him in a baby kidnapping.

Just some thoughts on the 11:57pm call to MW's phone.....
According to MW, she had this phone number for 4 or 5 months. This would be during the time that she was living with Jersey.
Jersey is know in the Irwin neighborhood as a homeless handyman and did work there.

Possible, Jersey used MW's phone number to give people to call if they needed any work done. It may be that DB or JI knew Jersey in the handyman capacity and put the phone number in their phones to call if they wanted him to do some work for them.

Now, DB wants to call JI because she hasn't heard from him and he didn't come home by 10:30pm when she expected him. In her stupor, she tried to call Jeremy (work #) and when listing contacts alphabetically, she went one name down to far and it pulled up Jersey (MW) and that is who she called.

I personally believe the call never went through to MW's phone but went to the Verizon service center. It would still show as a number called on DB phone but would not show where it eventually ended up being answered.

That's a good possibility too. :)

More thoughts: if she was programming the borrowed phone, and that was the one she used, the call could have gone through. But then, why the 50-second call? And why would Dane have wiped all her history off the phone when he returned it?

Or it could have been "pocket dialed" by the kidnapper. Though that seems unlikely, since it would probably have dialed the last number, if anything - and what are the chances that it just happened to call a phone with a serious criminal on the other end?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926
Back