MT MT - Arden Pepion, 3, Blackfeet Reservation, 22 Apr 2021 *Reward* *Guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When Blackfeet Law Enforcement announced they were scaling back their search for Arden on May 1, her family began leading their own searches, hiring private investigative teams.

Over the past month, conflicting accounts of what happened to Arden and frustration with how local law enforcement has handled Arden’s disappearance have become prominent pillars of the case.

Evidence from searches and information from the family and law enforcement point in different directions.

On April 22, Arden was supposed to be in the care of Arbana’s mother. Instead, she was believed to be with a family friend who was not her guardian, Arbana said.
His name is HaHaax Vielle.

In a recent phone interview with the Missoulian, Vielle confirmed he was with Arden the night she went missing. The two of them had spent time together beforehand, and on the evening of April 22 had gone to the Two Medicine area near Joe Show East to hang out and so he could practice shooting, Vielle said.

“She had been with me before when I was shooting,” he added.

He noticed Arden was missing while he was reloading his gun, he said. After looking around, he saw footprints of hers leading toward the river starting about 40 to 50 yards from where the water was.

Vielle and his girlfriend searched for several hours, and then his girlfriend called law enforcement to report her disappearance, he said.
Family of missing 3-year-old demands answers, still searching

So Vielle called his girlfriend when he discovered Ardie was missing, not LE? Then they searched for 4-5 hours in the dark, before his girlfriend finally called LE?

I guess I'm missing the details which would make this story make sense?
I don't believe you are missing details, things just don't match up. I pray this is not related to Heavy Runner. Same area and same odd but missing details.
MT - MT - Ashley Loring-HeavyRunner, 20, Browning, 5 June 2017

When Blackfeet Law Enforcement announced they were scaling back their search for Arden on May 1, her family began leading their own searches, hiring private investigative teams.

Over the past month, conflicting accounts of what happened to Arden and frustration with how local law enforcement has handled Arden’s disappearance have become prominent pillars of the case.

Evidence from searches and information from the family and law enforcement point in different directions.

On April 22, Arden was supposed to be in the care of Arbana’s mother. Instead, she was believed to be with a family friend who was not her guardian, Arbana said.
His name is HaHaax Vielle.

In a recent phone interview with the Missoulian, Vielle confirmed he was with Arden the night she went missing. The two of them had spent time together beforehand, and on the evening of April 22 had gone to the Two Medicine area near Joe Show East to hang out and so he could practice shooting, Vielle said.

“She had been with me before when I was shooting,” he added.

He noticed Arden was missing while he was reloading his gun, he said. After looking around, he saw footprints of hers leading toward the river starting about 40 to 50 yards from where the water was.

Vielle and his girlfriend searched for several hours, and then his girlfriend called law enforcement to report her disappearance, he said.
Family of missing 3-year-old demands answers, still searching

“spent time together” then went shooting in the dark and in freezing temperatures when she clearly wasn’t dressed for “spending time together” outdoors?

According to one of the mother’s comments on a news article that I wouldn’t now be able to find, she believes Hahaax actually went and picked his girlfriend up from work in the time period between Arden’s alleged disappearance and informing LE.

I don’t believe a word of the story. Not a word of it.

Also if you’re reading the mother’s public posts you’ll see videos and photos of confrontations during their search attempts on land belonging to the family who last had Arden. It’s getting quite tetchy and you just have to hope that more people aren’t hurt in all of this.

Is there anyone here knowledgeable about land ownership on reservations? Do individuals/families have ownership of areas in a legal sense or is it by convention and community agreement?

Also if you’re reading the mother’s public posts you’ll see videos and photos of confrontations during their search attempts on land belonging to the family who last had Arden. It’s getting quite tetchy and you just have to hope that more people aren’t hurt in all of this.

Is there anyone here knowledgeable about land ownership on reservations? Do individuals/families have ownership of areas in a legal sense or is it by convention and community agreement?
https://www.montana.edu/indianland/documents/factsheets/factsheet3.pdf

“spent time together” then went shooting in the dark and in freezing temperatures when she clearly wasn’t dressed for “spending time together” outdoors?

According to one of the mother’s comments on a news article that I wouldn’t now be able to find, she believes Hahaax actually went and picked his girlfriend up from work in the time period between Arden’s alleged disappearance and informing LE.

I don’t believe a word of the story. Not a word of it.
It certainly sounds hinky on the face of it. I'm surprised LE doesn't think so also? Maybe they just aren't disclosing it to the family?

Apparently, a family friend HaHaaz Vielle, was babysitting little Arden.
On the evening of April 22, he took Arden with him when he went to practice shooting.
He noticed she was missing while he was reloading his gun.
After looking around, Vielle noticed Arden's footprints leading toward the river.
I am sorry, but that is Horrible to hear. You are supposed to be babysitting---taking care of and protecting someone's child---so you take a 3 yr old with you while you go shooting in the woods--at night? ...What could go wrong?

And you aren't even paying attention to them, until you are out of ammo, so you look up and they are gone. Then you need to track their footprints--because they have such a big head start. ugh

What a horrible tragic situation and it makes me angry there was so much irresponsibility involved.

It certainly sounds hinky on the face of it. I'm surprised LE doesn't think so also? Maybe they just aren't disclosing it to the family?

I think there’s some questions about the competence of local LE to investigate cases like this. Plus political sensitivities on top of that, of course. Tensions seem to be coming to a head and I think the community is becoming very frustrated, as are Arden’s family.

Then you have the issue of the terrain etc.

I think there’s some questions about the competence of local LE to investigate cases like this. Plus political sensitivities on top of that, of course. Tensions seem to be coming to a head and I think the community is becoming very frustrated, as are Arden’s family.

Then you have the issue of the terrain etc.
If I was local LE, and the family of the guy that took a 3 yr old in the woods at night so he could shoot, and then lost her and had to try and find her by tracking her, DARED to question my competence, I'd probably blow up.

Last edited:
I am waiting for innuendos, to blame FBI. In the end, that is what always happens with felonies on the rez. If they are unsolved, it was the feds, who didn't care, work hard enough, on and on...

When the reality is that, these crimes happen on the rez...and that is where the problems are...

If I was local LE, and the family of the guy that took a 3 yr old in the woods at night so he could shoot, and then lost her and had to try and find her by tracking her, DARED to question my competence, I'd probably blow up.

Quite. I think it’s the girl’s parents and wider community questioning LE in this case though. The guy who allegedly took her shooting is saying nada.

Arden's uncle and his girlfriend have been charged in the case.

BROWNING, Mont. - Missing 3-year-old Arden Pepion’s uncle, HaHaax Vielle, and his girlfriend, Kimberly Higgins have been charged in connection with her disappearance.

According to the Blackfeet Tribal Prosecutors Office (BTPO), Vielle was charged with negligent endangerment and child endangerment and Higgins was charged with accountability.

More at Two charged in connection with disappearance of 3-year-old Arden Pepion

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trailerguy68