MT MT - Ashley Loring-HeavyRunner, 20, Browning, 5 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for that excellent video, Ashley is so very beautiful, you must have been a knockout imstilla, glad you are still here!
Oh thank you. I’m a little slow right now. I want to stop time and catch up with the world. My home heath nurse comes every day to give me breathing treatments. I’m so glad I’m still around too. I’m holding out for great grandbabies. My oldest granddaughter turns 20 in Dec. - so ...time marches on.

I almost had to call upon you yesterday when I was searching for the Racine Jane Doe-but I found her. Then I fell asleep so I missed the PC but I did catch a name I think? I need to go over there and update myself

Oh thank you. I’m a little slow right now. I want to stop time and catch up with the world. My home heath nurse comes every day to give me breathing treatments. I’m so glad I’m still around too. I’m holding out for great grandbabies. My oldest granddaughter turns 20 in Dec. - so ...time marches on.

I almost had to call upon you yesterday when I was searching for the Racine Jane Doe-but I found her. Then I fell asleep so I missed the PC but I did catch a name I think? I need to go over there and update myself
Identified! - WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, July 1999 #2 - Peggy Lynn Johnson *Arrest*

Ashley Loring Heavy Runner (Blackfeet) disappeared from Browning, Mont., located on the Blackfeet Indian Reservation, on June 12, 2017. With little help from authorities, Heavy Runner’s family found support from the Blackfeet United Methodist Parish in Browning. On Dec. 12, 2018, the family took Ashley’s story to the Senate Committee on Indian Affairs. The parish helped with travel expenses, found additional support, and began advocating for Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women and Girls (MMIWG).
Will Churches Stand With Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women?

I don't see this read posted...sorry if I missed it.

No answers 2 years after student vanishes -- a case in epidemic in Native communities
October 8, 2019
Another great article, thanks!
Ashley is so smart and beautiful, one almost wonders if some were jealous of her, imo, speculation.
ashley-loring-missing-01-ht-jc-171027_11x15_992.jpg
Blackfeet Law Enforcement Agency
Ashley Loring Heavy Runner's missing person poster.

I'm trying to read between the lines. Does body mean a recently deceased person? I would think Ashley would be described as human remains assuming she was deceased around the time she was reported missing. It would be wonderful for her family to have her back.

rbbm
BREAKING: Human Remains Found on Reservation Identified
''The human remains found on the Blackfeet Indian reservation in December of last year have been determined to be a Blackfeet Law Enforcement Officer.

Robert DeRosier, the Blackfeet Nation’s director of Disaster and Emergency Services said when they first found the remains they believed them to be that of Ashley Loring Heavyrunner.

However, when the FBI took over the case it was determined that these remains were of a roughly 6 foot tall male and “ancient” in origin. The remains have since been turned back over to the Blackfeet Nation.

DeRosier says after finding artifacts around where the remains were found, they determined this man to be a police man.

Blackfeet Law Enforcement started in 1878.

DesRosier says they will do a traditional burial for the man, and also demonstrating a proper law enforcement ceremony. The burial will take place on April 24 at noon on Black Tail Creek, following a motorcade from Browning to the burial site. ''

The two local filmmakers bringing awareness to the MMIW movement through film
Feb 24 2020
rbbm
''The short film “When They Were Here,” covers the Missing Murdered and Indigenous Women movement. The film hit close to home for the two filmmakers, with their own uncle as one of their sources. Their cousin had been kidnapped and murdered on the Blackfeet reservation when she was 7 years old, according to Ivan.

He remembers one instance driving to Glacier National Park, a frequent family trip they took, when their dad told them the spot where their cousin’s body was found. At the time he didn’t quite understand what the entirety of the situation met, he was only 9 or 10 years old.

Ashley Loring HeavyRunner, a relative of the MacDonalds, went missing around the time they began their first film on the movement. HeavyRunner’s is one of the stories focused on for their “Blackfeet Boxing: Not Invisible” film.

“I think the work that we initially started was not only to bring awareness to these stories, but to understand our own family,” Ivan said.

The MMIW movement was relatively unknown to national media but started gaining attention and raising national awareness after the release of the film, according to Ivan. He said that back then, when you would google the movement, you would only find their film.

After a series of interviews and lectures, Ivy and Ivan decided they were onto something. They decided to start work on both of their first feature-length films. The two filmmakers are working on the film currently for a film date to be determined.''

Hello everyone, I don’t know if this has been mentioned but I read a YouTube comment on Ashley’s case and the user, who knows Ashley’s cousin, said that over a year ago, Ashley’s grandfather went missing.

I couldn’t find an official source that backs it up but it’s a cause for concern. Hope their grandfather and Ashley are found safe and well.

June 25 2020 rbbm.
BLACKFEET BOXING: NOT INVISIBLE - First Nations Drum Newspaper
unnamed.png

''The saying is common on reservations across America: A Native American woman who disappears goes missing twice; first, when her body vanishes. Then, when her story does.''

''On the Blackfeet Reservation in Montana, these are not statistics. They are stories, of lives and families, of loss and pain. The numbers describe a crisis, but its dimensions are intimate and individual.

Frank Kipp, who was born and raised on the Blackfeet Reservation, and worked as a probation officer there, witnessed the damage to its women and girls firsthand. It scarred him, and his people. He decided to fight back, in the way he most understood. In 2003, Kipp—a former welterweight who won 38 bouts as an amateur—opened the Blackfeet Boxing Club. The gym has trained more than 500 boxers on the reservation, but for Frank, over time, its most important fighters were the young women and girls, including his daughter Donna, who came in search of more than a heavy bag. They sought a way to protect themselves, and preserve their hopes.

Blackfeet Boxing tells the story of one girl who never made it to the gym, Ashley Loring Heavyrunner. Her family still searches for her across the vast sweep of the reservation where she disappeared in June 2017, as her sister Kimberly fights for recognition and justice in the face of collective indifference from tribal and federal law enforcement and state and national government.

Ashley’s vanishing is context, and cause, for the girls at the Boxing Club—and the film tracks two promising fighters in their time at the gym.
Donna Kipp, Frank’s daughter, is determined to qualify for the Junior Olympics, but faces challenges beyond her opponents in the ring, testing her resolve, and deepening her motivation, to prevail.''

I think I saw somewhere that today is an American indigenous peoples day. Ashley is never far from my thoughts but today more so. Her sister Kimberly is an amazing person. I long for the day they find her and dread it at the same time

OCT 25, 2020
New Missing Indigenous Persons reporting website launches
Blackfeet Community College (BCC), in partnership with Montana’s Missing Indigenous Persons Task Force, today announced the launch of a new Missing Indigenous Persons reporting portal (www.mmipmt.com) to streamline reporting efforts to help locate missing individuals.

[...]

The website allows families and friends to complete a Contact Information Form about the missing person online. In the past, missing persons’ loved ones have expressed reluctance to report missing individuals directly to law enforcement. The BCC reporting system will serve as the go-between for those reporting and all levels of law enforcement. ...

“Students and staff at Blackfeet Community College began this effort years ago,” said Drew Landry, the Missing Indigenous Persons/LINC grant coordinator at Blackfeet Community College. “We built a website and launched an online petition that garnered 55,000 signatures seeking justice for former student Ashley Loring HeavyRunner. This grant gives us the opportunity to move from awareness to helping our community with the process of reporting missing loved ones. The website, reporting portal and database are important tools that encourage communication between the public and law enforcement. ...

[...]

On Saturday, November 7, BCC will host a virtual concert online at 7:00 p.m. Mountain Time to mark the launch of the Missing Indigenous Persons reporting portal. The public is invited to join the concert to help mark the launch of the website and raise awareness. Details about the concert are attached to this release in a flyer designed by a BCC student. Please visit www.mmipmt.com for more information about the database, reporting portal, and details about the upcoming concert.

June 12 2021 rbbm.
Annual walk held for student who vanished on Montana reservation in 2017
ashley_loring_heavyrunner.jpg

Ashley Loring HeavyrunnerFind Ashley Loring/HeavyRunner Facebook page

''Kimberly said she first knew something was wrong when she returned from a trip to Morocco in June 2017.

The plan had been for Kimberly to help Ashley move into an apartment in nearby Missoula when she returned from her trip. But when Kimberly returned, she was unable to reach her sister. Calls and messages to Ashley’s phone went unanswered.''

''Kimberly discovered that on that night, Ashley had reached out to friends on Facebook messenger asking for a ride into town from her family’s ranch.

Later that same night, a short video was posted of a party that showed Ashley sitting on a couch talking and drinking with people. Kimberly, who was in Morocco that night, told Dateline she remembers messaging her sister, who asked for money, and Kimberly asked her if she was OK. Ashley replied she was.

Kimberly and Ashley’s close-knit family thought maybe she had lost her phone or was visiting a friend, but when their father was hospitalized for liver failure, and there was still no word from Ashley, they became concerned.

Ashley’s mother, Loxie Loring, told Dateline she still remembers the last thing she said to Ashley before her disappearance.

“I went into her room, and I told her 'I love you, Ashley,'” Loxie said. “And those words, I’ll cherish forever.”

Ashley’s family went to Blackfeet Law Enforcement for help, and a search was launched that lasted about three days, Kimberly said. Two months passed before the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) got involved in the case.

Her family began their own search efforts and just two weeks after Ashley was last seen, the family received a tip. Someone had seen a young woman running from a vehicle on U.S. Highway 89 on the reservation the night Ashley disappeared.

Kimberly said they gathered to search the area, which she described as being desolate. During the search, at the northern edge of the reservation, Kimberly and a family friend discovered a tattered sweater and a pair of red-stained boots. The family is certain that the items belong to Ashley, adding that the sweater was identified by an eyewitness who told the family it was the same as the sweater Ashley was wearing night she disappeared.

Kimberly told Dateline that the sweater and boots were handed over to law enforcement for DNA testing, but added they have still not received any results.''

June 12 2021 rbbm.
Annual walk held for student who vanished on Montana reservation in 2017
ashley_loring_heavyrunner.jpg

Ashley Loring HeavyrunnerFind Ashley Loring/HeavyRunner Facebook page

''Kimberly said she first knew something was wrong when she returned from a trip to Morocco in June 2017.

The plan had been for Kimberly to help Ashley move into an apartment in nearby Missoula when she returned from her trip. But when Kimberly returned, she was unable to reach her sister. Calls and messages to Ashley’s phone went unanswered.''

''Kimberly discovered that on that night, Ashley had reached out to friends on Facebook messenger asking for a ride into town from her family’s ranch.

Later that same night, a short video was posted of a party that showed Ashley sitting on a couch talking and drinking with people. Kimberly, who was in Morocco that night, told Dateline she remembers messaging her sister, who asked for money, and Kimberly asked her if she was OK. Ashley replied she was.

Kimberly and Ashley’s close-knit family thought maybe she had lost her phone or was visiting a friend, but when their father was hospitalized for liver failure, and there was still no word from Ashley, they became concerned.

Ashley’s mother, Loxie Loring, told Dateline she still remembers the last thing she said to Ashley before her disappearance.

“I went into her room, and I told her 'I love you, Ashley,'” Loxie said. “And those words, I’ll cherish forever.”

Ashley’s family went to Blackfeet Law Enforcement for help, and a search was launched that lasted about three days, Kimberly said. Two months passed before the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) got involved in the case.

Her family began their own search efforts and just two weeks after Ashley was last seen, the family received a tip. Someone had seen a young woman running from a vehicle on U.S. Highway 89 on the reservation the night Ashley disappeared.

Kimberly said they gathered to search the area, which she described as being desolate. During the search, at the northern edge of the reservation, Kimberly and a family friend discovered a tattered sweater and a pair of red-stained boots. The family is certain that the items belong to Ashley, adding that the sweater was identified by an eyewitness who told the family it was the same as the sweater Ashley was wearing night she disappeared.

Kimberly told Dateline that the sweater and boots were handed over to law enforcement for DNA testing, but added they have still not received any results.''
There were some photos of the items, taken the same day that Kimberly and her family made the discovery.

According to Kimberly, the items were lost 2 weeks after giving them to LE.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back