GUILTY MT - Beverly, 79, Gregory Giannonatti, 57, murdered, Deer Lodge, 24 Oct 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Thanks! Good to see that they have finally filed charges.
The article addresses the questions about the time of death.
The Giannonattis allegedly were last seen at different times on Oct. 28, but Smith said Nelson told law enforcement the deaths occurred before then – a day or two after he sold the silver bars.

“We have many unsubstantiated ‘recollections’ regarding when the Gianonnattis were last seen,” Smith said. “At this point we don’t have an exact time of death, and are going with the dates Nelson told Sheriff Scott Howard.”

This is a link to more details from the affidavit filed today. A copy off the actual document is on the Help Find Beverly Giannonattj Facebook page. It is pretty grim reading.http://mtstandard.com/news/local/da...cle_df2cfc61-5038-53fa-ae02-54ea7feb63fe.html

Thank you Deerlodgelifer for the update. And how sad to read how these dear people's lives were taken from them by this greedy, evil, poor excuse for a man. Yet he looks like such any ordinary person. It's just beyond me what comes over people to commit such violence. :(

This is a link to more details from the affidavit filed today. A copy off the actual document is on the Help Find Beverly Giannonattj Facebook page. It is pretty grim reading.http://mtstandard.com/news/local/da...cle_df2cfc61-5038-53fa-ae02-54ea7feb63fe.html

I hate this guy! Just got out of prison, and even had a job. Who ever had this felon working for him and letting him go into clients homes is
IMO partially responsible. A handyman or anyone entering your home needs a background check!!! I had an experience with a handyman about 8 years ago, I got his business card from a Home Depot type store, and let him do several jobs for me, without going into detail...
I still suffer from PTSD. I only let family help with my home now, I won't even let a delivery person in.

According to that awful document, he killed them on the 24th or the 25th. So the sightings of her having lunch and him speeding away from his residence both on the 28th, obviously never happened.

He mentioned that there were others involved, then recanted that story...

It is difficult to know what is the truth.

Maybe he was the driver speeding away from Greg's residence?

IMOO.

According to that awful document, he killed them on the 24th or the 25th. So the sightings of her having lunch and him speeding away from his residence both on the 28th, obviously never happened.

That is weird, isn't it ? It's like all the information that was originally presented turned out to be either misinformation, disinformation, or just plain wrong. How could so many witnesses have the dates and times so screwed up ? No wonder this case didn't make any sense, everything we were being fed was completely inaccurate.

Things that stood out to me:

Nelson was married, his wife actually helped to clean up the crime scene without knowing what she was doing. This explains how he was able to move vehicles around and get from point A to point B as well.

None of this appears to have revolved around the gold bar we heard so much about, but instead around a bunch of silver bars that had been previously stolen from Greg. The gold bar still hasn't been found, and from everything I've read, Nelson never mentioned it as being part of the motive. So with that in mind, my guess is that Beverly must have hidden it somewhere.....and pretty well. Has anybody in that town ever heard the words "combination safe" ??

The theft at Greg's house wasn't done by Nelson or anybody associated with Nelson. It was done by a couple of sneak thief meth heads, apparently after word-of-mouth got around that B and G were missing. If B and G were actually killed on the 24th or 25th, then the break-in would have occurred about a week afterwards. That information was reported by a local poster in here, as well as the fact that said thieves hadn't been arrested and charged, reason unknown.

Beverly was in no means an "elderly person" in the usual sense of the word. She was still very active in painting and maintaining her many rental properties. She was one of the sharpest people I knew. Always dressed very nicely. She was impeccable in everything she did. I knew her for over 30 years and would never describe her as elderly.

Very sorry for the loss of your friend.

Interesting that the murders occurred at the house on Larkspur, which was undergoing renovations - so did the replaced carpet & baseboards just go unnoticed by police or did they assume it was part of the renovations? This guy must have paid for or put on an account the supplies for concealing his crime...wonder if that is part of how he was caught? Ultimately he did confess and lead police to the bodies, but he had to have been being interrogated as a suspect for that to have happened. I find it highly improbable that he, without having been asked to by LE, walked into a police station and confessed and offered to lead police to the bodies. RIP Beverly and Greg.

RIP Greg and Bev.... My thoughts are with the family, friends and community that loved them....So sorry for your loss.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...cle_040f4bd2-ccbf-512e-b0fc-074118d5b132.html
Handyman gets life term for killing 2 after stealing silver
March 7, 2017
DEER LODGE — A handyman and probationer was sentenced Tuesday to life in prison for killing a man and his mother after being confronted over the theft of 1,700 ounces of silver.
David Wayne Nelson, 54, of Deer Lodge must serve at least 30 years in prison before being eligible for parole, District Judge Ray Dayton ruled. Nelson pleaded guilty to two counts of deliberate homicide last September for the deaths of Greg Giannonatti, 57, and Beverly Giannonatti, 79. […]

The sentencing of David Wayne Nelson was scheduled for March 7, 2017 and started at 1:45 P.M. and presided over by Judge Ray Dayton. Mr. Nelson had previously pleaded guilty to two counts of deliberate homicide in connection with the deaths of Beverly Giannonatti and Gregory Giannonatti.
Mr. Lewis Smith, on behalf of the State of Montana, called Sheriff Scott Howard to the stand. Sheriff Howard testified as to the crime that was committed and his investigation that led to Mr. Nelson. He also testified of his subsequent follow up and details of the events. Sue Carol who did the presentence report did not testify. Attorney Michael Grayson, who is the attorney for the estates, read into the record, a letter submitted by Bernadine Johnson, who is the sister and aunt of the Giannonatti’s . Judge Dayton acknowledged and addressed concerns in the letter. The State called no further witnesses.
There was no evidence or witnesses on behalf of the Defendant. Mr. Nelson then addressed the Court and to the families and friends of the Giannonatti’s and his own wife and family by saying…. “there are no words to ease your pain, suffering and anger and I will pray and continue to pray for all and that’s all I can do…I’m sorry.”
Mr Smith then gave information on the sentencing and restitution of funeral and burial expenses and restitution to Grizzly Gold & Coin and asked Judge Dayton to follow the plea agreement. Mr. Walter Hennessey then spoke on behalf of the defendant and said that they concurred with the plea agreement and also agreed with the Sheriff and the County Attorney that Mr Nelson will most likely only leave the Montana State Prison in a casket.
Mr. Nelson, together with his attorneys then stood before the Court. Judge Dayton spoke before pronouncing sentence, telling of his concern about Mr. Nelson ever getting out of prison,. Judge Dayton then asked if the defendant and his attorneys would agree that there be a parole restriction so that the defendant serve the full 30 years before he can be considered for parole and they all agreed that they would.
Judge Dayton then set out the reasons for the parole restrictions, about the brutality of the crimes against Beverly and Gregory, just to cover up his theft of the silver bars that belonged to Greg, and that no sentence can compensate for their pain and suffering during those times. Judge Dayton then sentenced Defendant Nelson to the Montana State Prison for a term of two (2) life sentences, expressly to not be eligible for parole for thirty (30) years and to be served concurrent to each other and consecutive to the Ravalli Co. sentence. Restitution is to be made for funeral and burial expenses in the amount of $7,000 and to Grizzly Gold & Coin for $1545 for the silver bar belonging to Gregory Giannonatti that is still in their possession and will be returned to the Estate, plus court costs. Defendant Nelson then signed a document that he will not apply for any sentence review. The Court was then adjourned and Mr. Nelson is remanded to the custody of the Sheriff and will be transported to the Montana State Prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb
Back