MT MT - Brandon Fitch, 20, Stillwater County, 16 June 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Search for man who fell into Yellowstone River near Reed Point 'scaled back'

An update on the search for Brandon. A 'specialized search' on the river this past Sunday did not find anything of interest and the search is being 'scaled back.' Interestingly, the Sheriff is calling for sighting reports (I don't remember reading that language before) and LE is considering Brandon 'missing.'

This is mysterious. I really had thought Brandon would have been found by now with the intensive search effort. Many of our Montana rivers -- including the Yellowstone --are still surprisingly high right now. I am thinking searchers may not be looking far enough downstream.
This post is all IMHO, based on nothing more than my years of watching all manner of criminal and non-criminal cases; in the news, on these boards, and sadly from within my own family.

I do not personally believe Brandon’s disappearance is related to the disappearance of Paul Batson, who apparently went missing in late April from the same bridge over the Yellowstone River in Reed Point. Unless someone got the idea from Paul’s story — either of that bridge as an unlikely place to commit suicide, or a convenient place to use in a story about someone committing suicide.

The inconsistent stories that have been told to LE and BF’s family are huge red flags to me. Inconsistent stories are almost ALWAYS red flags. IMHO

Brandon’s parents, family, friends, and community deserve answers and Brandon himself needs to be returned to his family. If local LE doesn’t have adequate resources, then another agency or group or department should be called in to help, with the permission and blessing of local LE.

Brandon’s disappearance and the lack of answers is not the norm. It really will start to feel hinky if answers aren’t forthcoming.
Hi loreet! Thank you for the updates. His poor mom and dad. They need the truth. Is Brandon from Reed-Point proper? The acquaintances and gf are from what area? What exactly is the attraction to there? Was it a party situation? Do we know if he actually went into the water?

I read Paul’s thread. Your knowledge and insight are wonderful!

Brandon's parents live in Reed Point. Him at his friends had a party there the night he dissapeared and the person who supposedly said he went in was going behind his back with his girlfriend. He didn't call police when Brandon fell as he said happened. A hpur and a half later his cousin calls it in for him
Their stories change. LE stories change. The girlfriend is also related to the sheriff. We have reason to believe he is not In the river at all and reason to KNOW he was murdered.

Brandon Steele-Rowe Fitch
NamUs #MP53543

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

Missing Age 20 Years
Current Age 20 Years
Height 5' 9" (69 Inches)
Weight 170 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Hair Color Brown
Head Hair Description Short (approx. 2")
Body Hair Description Unknown
Facial Hair Description Clean shaven
Eye Color Green
Tattoo
  • Right wrist: Initials "KV"
  • Left bicep: Large owl
  • Left forearm: Bible quote
Clothing Possibly wearing: Wrangler RIPSTOP pants, loden color; Under Armour underwear; Perfect Fit Boot Socks
Jewelry Possibly wearing a belt buckle
Date of Last Contact June 16, 2018
NamUs Case Created November 19, 2018
Last Known Location Map
Location Reed Point, Montana 59069
County Stillwater County

Circumstances of Disappearance Male individual at the scene reported that his friend, Brandon, fell from the Reed Point Bridge into Yellowstone River. The river had very high water at that time. This was the last known contact with Brandon.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thank you. Though honestly it is uncertain whether this account of Brandon being seen ‘falling into the Yellowstone River’ is what actually happened to him. But I guess right now that is what is out there on MSM so it makes sense to have it with his missing person’s profile.

Brandon Steele-Rowe Fitch – The Charley Project
Brandon Steele-Rowe Fitch
  • Missing Since 06/16/2018
  • Missing From Reed Point, Montana
  • Classification Lost/Injured Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 05/01/1998 (22)
  • Age 20 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'9, 170 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description - Possibly green Wrangler Ripstop pants, Under Armour underwear, Perfect Fit boot socks and a belt buckle.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics - Caucasian male. Brown hair, green eyes. Fitch has the following tattoos: the initials "KV" on his wrist, a large owl on his left arm at the shoulder, and a Bible verse reading "I can do all things through he who gives me strength 4:13" on his left forearm. Photos of two of his tattoos are posted with this case summary.
Details of Disappearance
Fitch was last seen in Reed Point, Montana in the early morning hours of June 16, 2018. According to friends who were with him, he fell off the Reed Point Bridge into the Yellowstone River. The river was running very high at the time and Fitch disappeared in the water. He disappeared and is presumed drowned, but his body has never been found

https://app.doj.mt.gov/enforcement/missingpersons/searchdetail.aspx?RecordKey=30633

Name:FITCH, BRANDON STEELE ROWE
Aliases:FITCH, BRANDON STEELE-ROWE
FITCH, BRANDON STEELEROWE

Date of Birth:05/01/1998
Race:WHITE
Hair Color:BROWN
Eye Color:GREEN
Height:5' 9''
Weight:170 LBS.
Date of Last Contact:06/15/2018
Age Now:22 YEARS
Other Reported Dates of Birth: