MT - Darby Hodges, 1, found dead; sister Kiera Pulaski, 4, dies later in MO, 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just out of curiosity, I did a jail search in Los Angeles County (where Dr. Phil tapes), Flathead County in Montana and Greene County, MO. Nothing obvious in all three jurisdictions, considering name permutations, etc.

That's not to say that the FBI didn't question them on their way out of the Dr. Phil taping.

Hopefully they're found soon if in fact they did skip town.

Just out of curiosity, I did a jail search in Los Angeles County (where Dr. Phil tapes), Flathead County in Montana and Greene County, MO. Nothing obvious in all three jurisdictions, considering name permutations, etc.

That's not to say that the FBI didn't question them on their way out of the Dr. Phil taping.

Hopefully they're found soon if in fact they did skip town.

Here's what baffles me -apparently Julia is considered a parole absconder in Flathead County and there is a warrant out for her. How could she be on the Dr. Phil show and not have someone there to arrest her???
https://apps.flathead.mt.gov/warrants/warrants_view.php?line=2229&letter=P

Does anyone know Codey's middle name or year of birth? There is an arrest record in Arizona for the exact name, not a common spelling, so what is the likelihood? Charges are assault with a deadly weapon.

Here's what baffles me -apparently Julia is considered a parole absconder in Flathead County and there is a warrant out for her. How could she be on the Dr. Phil show and not have someone there to arrest her???
https://apps.flathead.mt.gov/warrants/warrants_view.php?line=2229&letter=P

Does anyone know Codey's middle name or year of birth? There is an arrest record in Arizona for the exact name, not a common spelling, so what is the likelihood? Charges are assault with a deadly weapon.

He has an arrest warrant in Navajo County, AZ for assault (I believe is the charge).

Julia (mom) and Codey (Julia's now husband)

CodeyandJulia_zps0fe73f4e.jpg

The reason we are here:

KieraandDarbysGravestones_zps9240e168.jpg

Kiera:

Kiera_zps82a88fc2.jpg

Darby:
darbyhodges_zpsc743d45a.jpg

It is astounding to me that they have not made an arrest.

It is disgusting really.

Call me stupid but I simply do NOT understand how nothing has happened in 3.5 years.

You have 2 little ones who died 3 months apart.
You have an autopsy report that very very very clearly indicated abuse and fatal injuries that did not add up with Julia's BS claims.
You have a boyfriend at the time/now husband, with a history of abuse.
You have a case where both children were in the care (and I use that term very loosely) of Codey and Julia at the time of their deaths.
You have a step-father (Mr Hodges) who was so concerned about the safety and wellbeing of these children that prior to their deaths he was trying to get CPS involved to investigate (must have been good reason).
You have a bio mother with, I'm assuming, a documented history (and character references, I'm sure) of being a p*ss-poor mother who neglected her children in favor of partying, to the point of leaving them unattended.
You have Codey and Julia who, prior to Dr Phil's show, refused to take a polygraph.

What the hell more do you need here before actions are taken to ensure these little angels get justice?

Sickening for sure. A lot of people appear to have seriously dropped the ball here and I don't understand it at all. Little children die of traumatic injuries as confirmed by autopsy and Mom gives lame stories about what caused the injuries, makes up crap about no autopsy really having been done and autopsy being fake....and it all just stops there? What a crock.

"The mom, Julia Salvage Cummings, claims they both died after getting vaccinations"
Same article..

THIS JUST TICKS ME OFF.

Kids do not have bruises all over them from vaccinations. I can only hope all their yapping on tv will give the investigators something solid. At this point I would exhume the bodies of these babies and do a much deeper autopsy and search for toxins and see if they cannot get better answers.

And let me say this.. Dr Phil is not my favorite person. He can be dramatic and over the top but I believe that in this case his show may be the thing that leads to an arrest and conviction.. So for that I say ..Go phil.

"The mom, Julia Salvage Cummings, claims they both died after getting vaccinations"
Same article..

THIS JUST TICKS ME OFF.

Kids do not have bruises all over them from vaccinations. I can only hope all their yapping on tv will give the investigators something solid. At this point I would exhume the bodies of these babies and do a much deeper autopsy and search for toxins and see if they cannot get better answers.

And let me say this.. Dr Phil is not my favorite person. He can be dramatic and over the top but I believe that in this case his show may be the thing that leads to an arrest and conviction.. So for that I say ..Go phil.

I didn't get to watch the second part of Dr. Phil, but during the first segment I kept asking myself if Codey's mother was so adamant that an autopsy was not done, why were these people not screaming for an exhumation? Well, we know why Julia and Codey wouldn't be...but putting that aside, I assume they would need her approval to do it. Do you think she is blocking an exhumation? I think that is where the real answers are going to lie, I know it is probably so difficult for those involved, but it needs to be done in this case.

I didn't get to watch the second part of Dr. Phil, but during the first segment I kept asking myself if Codey's mother was so adamant that an autopsy was not done, why were these people not screaming for an exhumation? Well, we know why Julia and Codey wouldn't be...but putting that aside, I assume they would need her approval to do it. Do you think she is blocking an exhumation? I think that is where the real answers are going to lie, I know it is probably so difficult for those involved, but it needs to be done in this case.

They don't need her permission if a Judge orders it.

At the end of the second episode they were demanding for an exhumation. They (somewhat bizarrely) claimed that the autopsy report was a "cut and paste" of something else.

I doubt a Judge is going to order an exhumation if there already has been an autopsy. If the mother wants to order one, she'll pay for it but there is no guarantee the pathologist is going to disagree with the findings reported by the original pathologist.

The person who seems the most suspicious to me is her mother. She was insistent that Kiera had been in a fall previously in the bathtub that could explain the injuries and Dr. Wecht shut her down promptly.

The difficulty in prosecuting this case will be in proving who did what. But at least the two law enforcement agencies are now coordinating their investigations. That is encouraging.

JMO

http://www.news-leader.com/story/ne...e-seek-new-leads-deaths-two-children/8986391/

"Hodges called Child and Family Services in Montana to express his concerns about Kiera's safety. He again was told there was nothing the division could do. On Sept. 17, 2010, Kiera died from what an autopsy determined was blunt-force trauma to her head. She was found dead in a hotel room in Missouri, with bruises on her chin, right ear, shoulder and knees."

Wow. That is a new one. I didn't know Kiera was found dead in a HOTEL ROOM! That puts a new spin on things!

http://cpsracket.blogspot.com/2011/09/recent-tragedies-cast-doubt-on-montanas.html

Edited to add: This may not fall under guidelines for online sources, so if that is the case, mods please remove this post. Thanks!

Edit 2: It appears as though the info above was cut/pasted on the blog from:

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/ar...ervices?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Frontpage|p

So it would appear that Julia and Codey (the accused parents) are bringing some action against MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES CHILDREN'S DIVISION. To be a fly on the wall of that proceeding, which, btw, is on May 27, 2014! :floorlaugh: I can only imagine what has prompted them to this action. I hope they prepaid their attorney!

IMO these parents aren't the sharpest tacks in the drawer.

I can not find anything on this case..

http://www.recapo.com/dr-phil/dr-ph...ered-children-rip-darby-hodges-kiera-pulaski/

It is on Dr Phil today.

Darby pulaski dies and about 3 months later his sister dies in another state.

Crazy if you ask me. Looks like clear cut child abuse.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/25/grandchildren-deaths-montana-missouri/8164677/

I am willing to bet both mother and step father murdered those innocent babies! I'm disgusted with the lack of common sense of the investigating police officers.

I live near Republic and would love to know what is going on.
I google and get nothing except from 2014. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back