Found Deceased MT - Mike Plain Bull, 22, Pryor, 12 Dec 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We just went through the same song and dance with a different body found in Billings that turned out to not be Mike's. It doesn't make sense IMO that somebody would murder him in the billings area and then drive his car back through Pryor (where he was from) and then head east and ditch it along the highway. This body sounds a lot like a transient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible that he pulled he met up with someone and pulled his truck over by the side of the road & left with them...so truck abandoned before he was killed?

I'm terrible with maps - just trying to think of ways the truck could have ended up where it was. Looks like the body is pretty close to the place where he was last seen.

Is it possible that he pulled he met up with someone and pulled his truck over by the side of the road & left with them...so truck abandoned before he was killed?

I'm terrible with maps - just trying to think of ways the truck could have ended up where it was. Looks like the body is pretty close to the place where he was last seen.

Your scenario could be correct, but it's unlikely they would have driven all the way back to Billings. It's close to an hour's drive.

Also, Montana's crime rate isn't as low as you'd think. There's a lot of drug-related stuff going on, and Billings has all the normal city problems.

Your scenario could be correct, but it's unlikely they would have driven all the way back to Billings. It's close to an hour's drive.

Also, Montana's crime rate isn't as low as you'd think. There's a lot of drug-related stuff going on, and Billings has all the normal city problems.

Correct. Plus this isn't necessarily a victim of a crime/homicide at this point.

It doesn't sound like it is Mike but it is a homicide.

Man's body found in Coulson Park identified; authorities investigate as homicide

The body has been identified, but the man's name hasn't been released pending notification of family members.

Linder said they "haven't been able to locate family members" but said they plan to notify media with the identification as soon as they do.

Linder said he believed that one of the family members was from Montana but not the immediate Billings area.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/loc...c5c-57be-922f-813c978b6c46.html#ixzz32y08cwhr

It doesn't sound like it is Mike but it is a homicide.

Man's body found in Coulson Park identified; authorities investigate as homicide

The body has been identified, but the man's name hasn't been released pending notification of family members.

Linder said they "haven't been able to locate family members" but said they plan to notify media with the identification as soon as they do.

Linder said he believed that one of the family members was from Montana but not the immediate Billings area.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/loc...c5c-57be-922f-813c978b6c46.html#ixzz32y08cwhr

Updated:

Linder identified the man as Jack Jason Cox, 47, of Billings.

Oh no, prayers offered to the family. If it isn't Mike, it is still someone's child. If it is him, it may validate a suspicion that I and others have had about this case. :(

If it's Mike, I pray they investigate fully & find whoever's responsible.

This young man has a place in my heart. There is no logical reason for it, but from the first report of him being missing it just caught my heart. I don't know whether to hope Mike has been found, or to hope this is another lost soul returned to his family. I do know I want justice for Mike. His children need to know he was a role model. A father to be proud of.

This one is probably Mike. Hopefully they can find some evidence with the remains because this has to be homicide. There is no reason for anybody to be under a cattle guard. Maybe a transient could make some sort of nook under one, but that seems unlikely.

I agree this is probably Mike. Such a shame. I'm glad the FBI is involved. Does anyone know if that's unusual? At any rate, I hope some are quaking in their boots. Praying for an arrest or two soon.

Sent from my M865C using Tapatalk 2

I agree this is probably Mike. Such a shame. I'm glad the FBI is involved. Does anyone know if that's unusual? At any rate, I hope some are quaking in their boots. Praying for an arrest or two soon.

No, not unusual. Tribal police and courts have very limited powers, and civilian LE has no jurisdiction at all on the reservation.

Thanks, Granny. Good. Whatever it takes. As long as there's justice for Mike.

Sent from my M865C using Tapatalk 2

Mike was a young man who was doing all the right things and taking care of his babies. Too bad there were vipers in his past.

This one is probably Mike. Hopefully they can find some evidence with the remains because this has to be homicide. There is no reason for anybody to be under a cattle guard. Maybe a transient could make some sort of nook under one, but that seems unlikely.

I agree that it's almost certainly a homicide, but it's not out of the question that he sought shelter there. That part of the country had some very bad weather about when he disappeared.

The other possibility is that if the cattle guard is a fairly large one over a ditch, as many are, the remains could have washed down from a hillside or something during high water.

There's some interesting talk going on in the surrounding area. I'm waiting to see whether anything shows up in MSM so I can post it.

So the remains haven't been identified yet it seems - even if they wanted to do more analyses, they're release an ID if they had one wouldn't they?

It's odd that it's been over 10 days and they're just now sending to FBI labs for more analysis (is that normal?)

So the remains haven't been identified yet it seems - even if they wanted to do more analyses, they're release an ID if they had one wouldn't they?

It's odd that it's been over 10 days and they're just now sending to FBI labs for more analysis (is that normal?)

Not necessarily on either question. Many times finding a body points directly to the guilty party, so keeping the identity confidential can be part of the investigation. And it takes a bit of time to prepare the remains to be transported without compromising their integrity, plus there's paperwork, approvals, transportation, etc. Also figuring out who's going to pay for it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTodd
Back