Found Deceased MT - Mildred Alexis Oldcrow, 7, Lodge Grass, March 2019 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From link #1, JAN 7, 2021:
  1. Veronica Tierza Dust and Roseen Lincoln Old Crow, both 34, appeared in Big Horn County District Court on Tuesday for arraignment.
  2. Each faces a misdemeanor charge of endangering the welfare of a child.
  3. Both were arrested as fugitives from justice in Billings on Dec. 23.
  4. The Crow Tribe issued arrest warrants on Dec 16 that state they “failed to produce the child nor was any proof of life provided.”
  5. The warrant states they were granted informal custodianship by the tribal court on or about March 14, 2017.
  6. Neither waived extradition back to Crow Tribal Court and their bond was set at $1,000 with conditions of release.
  7. Dust was being held at the Yellowstone County Jail and Lincoln Old Crow was detained in the Big Horn County jail.
  8. Both posted bond on Wednesday and must report to the Crow Tribal Court for arraignment within three days.
  9. Future arrests or additional charges depend on the tribal court and investigation by the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
From link #2, JAN 7, 2021:
  • Endangering the welfare of a child in Crow Tribal Court holds a maximum sentence of 6 months in jail and $2,500 fine.
  • On Dec. 6, a formal petition was filed requesting a hearing because the two guardians “breached their fiduciary duty to the child.”
  • It is unclear what the relationship is between Mildred and the two women, but Mildred had stayed at their residence.
From link #3, JAN 7, 2021:
  • Crow Tribal Prosecutor Sibley said the tribe issued warrants for the arrest of the two women on Dec. 16, 2020, after they were summoned to tribal court, asked to produce Mildred to prove of her well-being and failed to do so.

Unflippinbelievable!

Produce the child? Uhhhhh we can't.

Where is she?

I'm an old lady, and I would have somehow provided and taken care of that little girl. God, I hope she is with someone who cares enough to cherish a child.

This isn't a new article - I'm just linking it again for the photo.

Booking photos courtesy of Yellowstone County jail, MEPA photo courtesy of MT DOJ

From left to right: Veronica Tierza Dust, Mildred Old Crow & Roseen Lincoln Old Crow

Two women investigated for disappearance of missing girl from Crow Reservation (ktvq.com)

oldcrow_mildred2.jpg
oldcrow_mildred.jpg

Mildred Alexis Old Crow – The Charley Project
  • Missing Since04/01/2019
  • Missing From Crow Indian Reservation, Montana
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Native American
  • Date of Birth 05/03/2012 (8)
  • Age 6 years old
  • Height and Weight Unknown
  • Distinguishing Characteristics - Native American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Mildred was small for her age at the time of her disappearance. Her nickname is Millie (sometimes spelled "Milly").
Details of Disappearance
Mildred's relatives notified law enforcement of her disappearance in November 2020; they said they hadn't seen her since July 2018. Subsequent investigation revealed the last confirmed sighting was in the care of her guardian on the Crow Indian Reservation in Montana in April 2019. She has never been heard from again and the circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.

Investigators are trying to find two females in connection with Mildred's disappearance. They may be traveling in a white 2009 Volkswagen Touareg G2 TD with the Montana license plate number 22-7540C. Few details are available in Mildred's case.

Her "caregivers" were probably receiving financial benefits for fostering her. I wonder why theyC weren't required to take her to a pediatrician every 6 months or every year? The system failed. IMO.

You got that right, CB. A check.

I could care less if these two are married or not. They are missing a gorgeous child who deserved to be loved, nurtured and cared for.

Did they sell her? Administer corporal punishment that maimed her? Shifty, shady, sneaky criminals.

Mildred stole my ❤ heart.

I think they mean "last seen WITH".....this article indicates that Veronica Teirza Dust, 34, and her wife Roseen Lincoln-Old Crow, 34 were granted informal custodianship in March 2017. Could Lincoln-Old Crow be an aunt?

https://www.ktvq.com/two-women-investigated-for-disappearance-of-missing-girl-from-crow-reservation

You are correct. The obituary for an elder of the same name at Legacy names Roseen as a daughter.

It is looooong. This elder Mildred had many kids and cared for a ton. All named. So, baby girl has what seems to be in our culture Greatgrandmom.

Last updated February 8, 2021; details of disappearance updated.

Details of Disappearance
Mildred's relatives notified law enforcement of her disappearance in November 2020; they said they hadn't seen her since July 2018. Subsequent investigation revealed the last confirmed sighting was in the care of her guardian on the Crow Indian Reservation in Montana in April 2019. She has never been heard from again and the circumstances of her disappearance are unclear.

The tribal court had granted informal custody of Mildred to Veronica Tierza Dust and Roseen Lincoln Old Crow in March 2017. Photos of the two women are posted with this case summary. It's unclear whether they had any relationship to Mildred by blood or marriage.

On December 6, 2020, about a month after Mildred's disappearance was reported, a formal petition was filed with the tribal court, requesting a hearing because Veronica and Roseen had allegedly "breached their fiduciary duty" to Mildred. The court ordered the women to produce Mildred to prove her well-being. When they failed to respond to the summons, warrants were issued for their arrest. They were arrested in Billings, Montana in December 2020 and charged with misdemeanor endangering child welfare, but Mildred wasn't with them and her whereabouts are still unknown.

The circumstances of Mildred's disappearance are unclear.

Last updated February 8, 2021; details of disappearance updated.

Details of Disappearance

The tribal court had granted informal custody of Mildred to Veronica Tierza Dust and Roseen Lincoln Old Crow in March 2017. Photos of the two women are posted with this case summary. It's unclear whether they had any relationship to Mildred by blood or marriage.

On December 6, 2020, about a month after Mildred's disappearance was reported, a formal petition was filed with the tribal court, requesting a hearing because Veronica and Roseen had allegedly "breached their fiduciary duty" to Mildred. The court ordered the women to produce Mildred to prove her well-being. When they failed to respond to the summons, warrants were issued for their arrest. They were arrested in Billings, Montana in December 2020 and charged with misdemeanor endangering child welfare, but Mildred wasn't with them and her whereabouts are still unknown.

The circumstances of Mildred's disappearance are unclear.

It frustrates and distresses me that more isn't being done to find this precious beautiful baby girl. It really does. I live in the UK and yet I think of her all of the time.

It is very distressing to think about Mildred. But since she was just reported missing in November 2020, I’m trying to remain hopeful that LE and the tribal authorities are working hard behind the scenes to find her.

I do know the relationship between agencies is key to reconciling cases like Mildred’s. Having fostered a niece who was under a tribal authority (I am white), it can be difficult to take care of some problems in a timely manner. Not that the agencies don’t care, but protocols and jurisdictions can get in the way. Unfortunately.

IMO, Mildred’s informal custodians know exactly where she is. I’m hoping it’s just a matter of time before one of them fesses up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warden2024
Back