MT MT - Paul Batson, 45, Stillwater Co, 29 Apr 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am sorry I have no news about Paul. Let's take this as hopeful that he is still enjoying his cabin ...

The body of 15 year old James Anderson who had been missing since July 27 and presumed drowned in the Yellowstone River was found this past weekend, 20 miles downstream from the site of the family's accident:
Teen's body recovered from Yellowstone River 20 miles downstream of family wreck

River miles are not easy to estimate and I saw another article giving the distance from the accident to the site of James' recovery as 16 miles.

Prayers for Paul and his family today.

I am sorry I have no news about Paul. Let's take this as hopeful that he is still enjoying his cabin ...

The body of 15 year old James Anderson who had been missing since July 27 and presumed drowned in the Yellowstone River was found this past weekend, 20 miles downstream from the site of the family's accident:
Teen's body recovered from Yellowstone River 20 miles downstream of family wreck

River miles are not easy to estimate and I saw another article giving the distance from the accident to the site of James' recovery as 16 miles.

Prayers for Paul and his family today.

That's so sad... but glad he was located. Thank you so much for the update, loreet.

As for Paul...I do hope he's in that remote cabin I picture... and if he is, my next hope is that he find his way to some obscure town soon and make a call to his sons. I have no idea what else to say about this one.

Wtf.
I cannot believe he is still missing. The visit to his kids always bothered me, a possible goodbye? I really wondered if he was posting here as well, and had left his GF. His choice, if true.

I agree, Cherry. I think the big trip to his sons was a "goodbye"... and for me, the scene at that post office (down to the keys on the ground) seemed staged - my gut tells me he did all that. So that's one reason I'm still hopeful he's alive. Not that it couldn't be suicide, but I lean more to him taking off from stressors (perhaps largely unknown) to others.

So, as life is sometimes...

A dear cousin emailed me today to tell me that she's joining friends to vacation at a lake/cabin (fairly remote spot) in the Midwest this upcoming week.

Um... really wondering just how weird I will suddenly seem to her if I asked her to jot down info about any guy alone/anything unusual she sees while there?

"To appear quirky or not to appear quirky," lol ...the plight of every WSer at times, yes?

A dear cousin emailed me today to tell me that she's joining friends to vacation at a lake/cabin (fairly remote spot) in the Midwest this upcoming week.

Um... really wondering just how weird I will suddenly seem to her if I asked her to jot down info about any guy alone/anything unusual she sees while there?

"To appear quirky or not to appear quirky," lol ...the plight of every WSer at times, yes?

LOL yes tell her to get her binoculars and game cameras packed. Where the heck is this man?

LOL yes tell her to get her binoculars and game cameras packed. Where the heck is this man?

This is all the encouragement I needed. I'm on it! Lol. Seriously though, I'm going to call her and give her the general idea. I know, the odds are a zillion-to-one that she'd happen upon Paul. But just in case.

(She'll get over my sudden quirkiness... I'm the "baby cousin" in my family, so my cousins have, pretty much, doted on me all my life -- cousins rock).

This is all the encouragement I needed. I'm on it! Lol. Seriously though, I'm going to call her and give her the general idea. I know, the odds are a zillion-to-one that she'd happen upon Paul. But just in case.

(She'll get over my sudden quirkiness... I'm the "baby cousin" in my family, so my cousins have, pretty much, doted on me all my life -- cousins rock).

Fingers crossed!

I fully support this effort! We have had music festivals and Farmers Markets throughout this summer in Bozeman and I have been on the watch for Paul. Almost certainly our WS-influenced behavior does seem odd, lol.

Paul has to be somewhere.

119 days missing.

I fully support this effort! We have had music festivals and Farmers Markets throughout this summer in Bozeman and I have been on the watch for Paul. Almost certainly our WS-influenced behavior does seem odd, lol.

Paul has to be somewhere.

119 days missing.

Thank you, loreet...I often feel so helpless and useless on some of these WS cases. It's hard, and I know all WSers understand what I mean... you want to DO something. But you have no idea what to do!

In this case, my cousin (a truly remarkable/special person -- she has lost one leg due to a rare medical condition -- soon to lose another -- and is STILL joyful) can be the one to actually be more "eyes and ears" than I can. I already called her -- and she is totally on board with my weirdness (she actually called me "so precious" -- solidifying my belief that cousins totally rock!). She could not have made me feel any better about it, truly.

So, come what may, it just always comes down to this for me, on all WS cases and life in general: there are STILL so many angels in our world... there are many here at WS, for sure.

So nobody lose heart. Ever.

I am curious if Arcadekris was Paul. The bolded comments by me sound like something Paul would say since he was known to use sarcastic humor. Arcadekris was one the earliest posters to this thread but hasn't been heard from since. Maybe Paul was trying to leave clues but just speculating on my part.

I know its a bit strange to quote my own post but I was wondering if the name Arcadekris had a connection to Paul's Navy past. Paul was a Navy veteran of Gulf War One and I was trying find the name of the ship he served on but came up with nothing but I did find a destroyer named the USS Acadia which is somewhat similar to ArcadeKris but what is interesting is the Navy had classified this ship as a Yellowstone class destroyer and Paul went missing near the Yellowstone River.
I was able to review the crew roster of the ship during its service in the Gulf War and there was one crew member that listed his hometown of Billings MT. but don't know if he still lives there or not.
I am curious what ship Paul served on during the war and maybe some clues could be derived from that. I did research if any other ships might have a name connection to Paul, Montana or ReedPoint but no results.

Where are you Paul.

I know its a bit strange to quote my own post but I was wondering if the name Arcadekris had a connection to Paul's Navy past. Paul was a Navy veteran of Gulf War One and I was trying find the name of the ship he served on but came up with nothing but I did find a destroyer named the USS Acadia which is somewhat similar to ArcadeKris but what is interesting is the Navy had classified this ship as a Yellowstone class destroyer and Paul went missing near the Yellowstone River.
I was able to review the crew roster of the ship during its service in the Gulf War and there was one crew member that listed his hometown of Billings MT. but don't know if he still lives there or not.
I am curious what ship Paul served on during the war and maybe some clues could be derived from that. I did research if any other ships might have a name connection to Paul, Montana or ReedPoint but no results.

Where are you Paul.

Interesting. I'm going to go back and look at the AK posts (anybody have a post#?/my device acts up a lot on here)...I think those few posts struck me at the time like a female "tone," but who really knows... and it's been awhile.

In the meantime, I typed "ArcadeKris" in Google and got this (so helpful, lol):

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back