MT MT - Paul Batson, 45, Stillwater Co, 29 Apr 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
All our deceased cats and dogs are buried in our backyard. We always put stones or stone tiles on top to keep rats out and also to keep our still living dogs from digging.

I wonder what they will do about this grave. Take a peak at one end? I think if my loved one was missing I couldn't have helped myself ...

Well, I buried a couple cats and a goldfish, but always in the back yard. No rocks. No bears! The last cat I had was cremated. So, no, this isn't something I am familiar with at all. Thus, my question! :) Thanks for clearing that up for me though.

Some folks just don't have that kind of money to have a pet cremated, we had a dog put down at the vet, and cremated, darn, it was almost a half a month of Social Security.

I can't see that anyone who did something nefarious, would go to the trouble of making a rock cairn and put a cross on the top. They would just leave a body out, animals would get it done quick enough. Coyotes, wolves, bears...even birds. Or hide a body.

Some folks just don't have that kind of money to have a pet cremated, we had a dog put down at the vet, and cremated, darn, it was almost a half a month of Social Security.

I can't see that anyone who did something nefarious, would go to the trouble of making a rock cairn and put a cross on the top. They would just leave a body out, animals would get it done quick enough. Coyotes, wolves, bears...even birds. Or hide a body.
I don't have the money to cremate a pet either. My kids non-stop sobbing at the loss of his first pet and begging for the ashes broke my heart and bank.
But, what I was asking, which you answered, was it odd to just do this act and have it just out in the middle of nowhere.

Coincidentally, this showed up on my Twitter feed just now, about a puppy named Annie. The relevant part: "Annie lived less than a week, but her life was full of warmth and love. We buried her in Grass Range, Montana, under a blue sky."

Blair Braverman on Twitter

You wouldn't likely build that huge a cairn for a tiny puppy, but the idea is the same.

“BILLINGS, Mont. -

On Tuesday, November 13th, Sarah Fitch and her husband had a glimmer of hope that they had found their missing son. While searching the area around the bridge at Reed Point where Brandon Fitch was last seen, they came upon a makeshift grave they believed was large enough for a man.

Unfortunately, the family has confirmed that the burial mound contains the remains of another family's pet dog, Digger.

But the Fitch family is not giving up hope. They are planning to organize another group search in the coming weeks.” (BBM)
Makeshift grave found in Stillwater County is not connected to missing man

RIP, Digger, and prayers to Brandon, Paul and their families.

Why would Paul schedule his interview for the day he was supposed to return to work?

He left Colorado on the 29 and was returning home on the 30th? And was able to visit the library as well...That seems like a lot of cramming to do in such a small amount of time, IMO What was the rush?

It is odd, two men missing, not a trace of evidence, in the Reed Point area. There is nothing there of significance, no real reason to stop there. Having driven that stretch of I-90 many times, there are more, easier facilities to stop for in Livingston or Columbus.

If another person turns up missing in the area, there may be a problem. Folks in that area can be super friendly or people who remind you of Ted Kaczynski, who wanted to be off the grid, and away from everything.

Better yet- did Paul accidentally stumble upon something that would lead LE to Brandon?

At the risk of sounding like I'm typing this with a tinfoil hat on, I have to say there are signs that point to something nefarious like this. Nothing else makes sense, though those pesky dates regarding his return to work and his interview still pull me in a different direction.

I really thought we'd have something in this case by now. I hope he's out living in a cabin somewhere unplugged and just enjoying his time away, and will contact his family when he's ready. Unfortunately that's really unlikely at this point.

The fact that his interview was scheduled the same day he was supposed to return to work in IL makes it seem like he had no intention of returning. Along with the rumors of a previous voluntary disappearance

I really thought we'd have something in this case by now. I hope he's out living in a cabin somewhere unplugged and just enjoying his time away, and will contact his family when he's ready. Unfortunately that's really unlikely at this point.

The fact that his interview was scheduled the same day he was supposed to return to work in IL makes it seem like he had no intention of returning. Along with the rumors of a previous voluntary disappearance

I have felt it was voluntary from Day One- but who knows. I suspect it is actually harder to self-disappear in the digital age than not.

Have to agree with you, also the keys being found outside the vehicle feels like self harm. However with the mystery surrounding the young mans disappearance shortly after Paul I have to say I am not ready to let go of foul play as well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rah1991
Back