Found Deceased MT - Sally Demarais-Smith, 52, found in vehicle in storage unit, Great Falls, 25 Sept 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't know, mlhenn. It seems like a stretch to me. She was last seen the afternoon of 9/25 and she wasn't noticed to be missing until 9/26 - that's all that has been reported. We don't know when the note was found in relation to the when she was seen last. Was it later on the 25th or not until the 26th when they woke up?

Has there been mention of her leaving a note in any additional articles besides that one?

I don’t know this for sure, but possibly they mean she was seen that Friday afternoon (doing whatever she normally does during that time), everything went as it usually does through Friday evening, then when the family woke up Sat morning they found the note & assumed she left during the night.
Mere speculation

That's fair. Being missing since 9/26 could mean they woke up that day and found her missing, but found a note that she was doing whatever (visiting her parents?), so she was missing at that point but they weren't concerned yet.

Per the obituary she's been cremated, so presumably LE are done with whatever they needed to do with her body. Hopefully there will be some answers soon.

Strange case. First, the note is odd. (my first thought was someone made her write that note). Second, I know the husband seems devoted, but gosh it seems strange he put 2000-3000 miles on his car looking for her? how strange since he waited four days to say she was missing? and I also read a few articles and thought she was found in a container (not storage unit) but that might be msm- I noticed that the obit was done quickly and i thought police will let the funeral be done, let the kids get in order and then make their move. She hardly seemed the depressive type. even friends dont mention a down day. I thought about a possible affair on the base since she was military and also taught there (from print msm). - she was very pretty and outgoing. did the husband put all those miles on his car so his car computer would be unable to place him? I was hoping to see an autopsy report. They must have all they need from her? Did she have grown kids? seemed so. all of these things make me wonder about someone very close to her driving to the storage unit, following her there, killing her, driving their car home? Then writing the note? I think the note came last. my fellow sleuths, this is perplexing.

Has anyone else noticed the language between news articles with their descriptive wording choices? i.e. "Found in storage Unit" and "Found in storage Container"?
Those are 2 entirely different things.
o_O
yes! <I thought they found her in a storage container in her car. ugh. Thats what actually set me out looking for more information.

Strange case. First, the note is odd. (my first thought was someone made her write that note). Second, I know the husband seems devoted, but gosh it seems strange he put 2000-3000 miles on his car looking for her? how strange since he waited four days to say she was missing? and I also read a few articles and thought she was found in a container (not storage unit) but that might be msm- I noticed that the obit was done quickly and i thought police will let the funeral be done, let the kids get in order and then make their move. She hardly seemed the depressive type. even friends dont mention a down day. I thought about a possible affair on the base since she was military and also taught there (from print msm). - she was very pretty and outgoing. did the husband put all those miles on his car so his car computer would be unable to place him? I was hoping to see an autopsy report. They must have all they need from her? Did she have grown kids? seemed so. all of these things make me wonder about someone very close to her driving to the storage unit, following her there, killing her, driving their car home? Then writing the note? I think the note came last. my fellow sleuths, this is perplexing.

Is the car computer you’re referring to for a type of gps display in the console? Wonder if there are any security cameras around there or during the drive they can pull up.

Investigation continues into the death of a Great Falls woman

Oct 27
The investigation into the death of Sally Smith of Great Falls continues.

Cascade County Sheriff Jesse Slaughter conducted a virtual news conference on Tuesday to address Smith’s death.

Sheriff Slaughter said he understands people are frustrated by the lack of information about the investigation. He said Tuesday that it is still too early to come to any conclusions, because the autopsy report has not yet been completed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back