Found Deceased MT - Sally Demarais-Smith, 52, found in vehicle in storage unit, Great Falls, 25 Sept 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Been checking on Sally every day. :(
Me too. Certain cases just touch me and I want to see them through. I don't follow all because I'm just too busy but Sally just seems like she was a wonderful person and I feel like we would have been friends. I can't imagine how tough this is for people that were her family and friends.

It can take a while to get toxicology, that must be what they're waiting on. Her body is gone, so the physical exam is complete. My thinking is she died of CO poisoning and they're waiting to see if she had other substances in her system before they release the report. MOO.

Investigation continues into the death of a Great Falls woman

To Note:
Sheriff Slaughter said he understands people are frustrated by the lack of information about the investigation. He said Tuesday that it is still too early to come to any conclusions, because the autopsy report has not yet been completed.

“With this job, you trust me to do the right thing and to release the right information. It's really important to me that I don't violate that trust and rush a media release which later I may have to recant or change and then create a lack of trust,” Slaughter said.

It can take a while to get toxicology, that must be what they're waiting on. Her body is gone, so the physical exam is complete. My thinking is she died of CO poisoning and they're waiting to see if she had other substances in her system before they release the report. MOO.
Are you thinking suicide?

Do you think the reason they say they're still waiting is because of tox reports? I don't understand why this case isn't moving. It is a small town?
It can take six weeks or more for toxicology tests to come back, so yes, that could be what they are waiting for. If so far the evidence points to suicide by carbon monoxide poisoning, they may want to rule out the possibility that she was alive before ending up in the storage unit or that she could have died by other means. Imo

Investigation continues into the death of a Great Falls woman

To Note:
Sheriff Slaughter said he understands people are frustrated by the lack of information about the investigation. He said Tuesday that it is still too early to come to any conclusions, because the autopsy report has not yet been completed.

“With this job, you trust me to do the right thing and to release the right information. It's really important to me that I don't violate that trust and rush a media release which later I may have to recant or change and then create a lack of trust,” Slaughter said.
I'm sure this has everything to do with the shockingly fast declaration of suicide in the Marilane Carter case.

Why do think this would be possible?

There's an earlier post in this thread that says the husband is the one who found her (caveat: there's no citation). If that's the case, it would stand to reason that it's their storage unit vs. a random one.

There should be security cameras at the storage unit, shouldn't there? Especially with it being so close to an Air Force Base.

There's an earlier post in this thread that says the husband is the one who found her (caveat: there's no citation). If that's the case, it would stand to reason that it's their storage unit vs. a random one.

There should be security cameras at the storage unit, shouldn't there? Especially with it being so close to an Air Force Base.
I’m hoping there are cameras and they actually have pulled the video
JMO

Yeah, I assumed it was their storage unit, too. Otherwise I would think both LE and the family would have suspected foul play right away.

I’m assuming it was their storage unit. The part that makes this odd, if the husband found her, is how/why did he drive 3000 miles but didn’t look in the storage unit until how many days later?

Also I desperately want to know what the note said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back