GUILTY CA - Kris Anderson, 57, murdered, Santa Monica, 11 June 2016 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wednesday, December 11th:
*Pretrial Conference Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Kris Anderson (57) (June 11, 2016, Santa Monica) - *Theo Andrew Krah (28 @ time of crime/31, Navy SEAL) indicted (6/13/16) & arraigned (10/21/16) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bail. (victim is WS JaimeSomers' friend).
7/31/18 Update: Trial did NOT start on 7/30/18. Next Prelim hearing scheduled for 9/10. 9/10/18: Next hearing on 10/24. 10/24/18: Next pretrial hearing on 12/6. 12/6/18: Next pretrial hearing on 1/25. 1/25/19: Next Pretrial Conference hearing on 3/4. 3/4/19: Next Pretrial conference hearing on 4/23. 4/23/19: Next pretrial conference hearing on 5/14.
5/14/19 Update: Next pretrial conference hearing on 6/18. 6/18/19: Next pretrial conference hearing on 7/30. 7/30/19: Next pretrial conference hearing on 8/19. 8/19/19: Next hearing on 9/26. 9/26/19: Pretrial conference hearing on 10/9. 10/9/19: Next Pretrial conference hearing on 11/4. 11/4/19: Next pretrial conference hearing on 12/11.

Finally! Justice delayed is justice not served- and this case has been delayed far too long. My bet is that the jury trial moves fast. Not only is the evidence extremely strong, but he has a history of vigilante style confrontations.

Friday, January 10th:
*Trial set to begin (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Kris Anderson (57) (June 11, 2016, Santa Monica) - *Theo Andrew Krah (28 @ time of crime/31, Navy SEAL) indicted & arrested (6/13/16) & arraigned (10/21/16) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bail. (victim is WS' JaimeSomers' friend).
Trial set to begin on 1/10/20.

Friday, January 17th:
*Trial set to begin (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Kris Anderson (57) (June 11, 2016, Santa Monica) - *Theo Andrew Krah (28 @ time of crime/31, Navy SEAL) indicted & arrested (6/13/16) & arraigned (10/21/16) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bail. (victim is WS JaimeSomers' friend).
Trial set to begin on 1/17/20. (Moved from 1/10/20)

I’m thinking this case may end up with a plea bargain.
The attorney is labeled as a “super lawyer”, and one of the top 100 in the country. He is known for high profile cases and is a sought after as a media commentator who has been on all the major news networks but has been relatively quiet about this case since the first year. A super lawyer costs the super big bucks.
Every time I’m scrolling google on the suspects name and I see the page linking directly to PayPal, I can’t help but read it as, free the okrah. org. That’s my trick to remember the guys name, “the okrah”.
It’s a first degree murder charge, I can’t help but think all the delay is because that lawyer already knows there’s no chance Theo is getting out, he’s only going to be transferred to prison, a worse place than he is now, so no need for a speedy trial.
Moo

Here are some articles from June-August 2016 that make me think the evidence they have against 27 year old Theo Krah of murdering 58 year old Kris Anderson is irrefutable.
Moo.
Starting with no alibi for his location during the murder.
“Krah’s attorney, Anthony Salerno, said he is working to determine where Krah was at the approximate time Anderson was attacked, but it has been difficult to confirm because Krah’s cellphone was out of battery at the time and cannot be used to track his location.”
“Salerno said police seized evidence from Krah’s car, including clothing and knives.”

“ [Lt.] Rodriguez said police pursued Krah because of his altercation with Anderson, as well as other evidence that cannot be disclosed during the pending investigation”
Police investigate Navy SEAL for death of UCLA employee

“According to the Santa Monica Police Department, Krah and an unnamed victim had an altercation on the Santa Monica Pier in the afternoon of June 11. Police responded to the scene but neither individual wanted to pursue charges and officers were unable find evidence of a crime. Police said the two did not know each other and the meeting on the pier appeared to be their first interaction.”
Santa Monica police make arrest in murder case - Santa Monica Daily Press

“"It's been very much misreported that there was a fight on the pier," Defense Council Anthony Salerno told the Navy Times in a telephone interview last month. "None of that occurred. The police report described both of them as being calm when they came up on them."
“Disturbed, Krah confronted Santa Monica resident Kris Anderson, 58. He placed Anderson in a "bear hug" and asking for someone to call the police, who showed up a few minutes later.”

“Hours later, on June 11, 2016, Police found the photographer dead in front of the Citibank ATM on 5th Street and Santa Monica Blvd. Santa Monica police arrested the 28 year old Navy Seal for murder.” [snip/edited to try to stay within percentage guidelines]

“"As far as it being a case of mistaken identity," said Rodriguez, "we're confident the evidence will prove the charges and we are not looking for another suspect." Lt. Rodriguez would not comment on whether the ATM machine had taken photos. Most do.”
Decorated Navy Seal Krah, Remains in Jail for Santa Monica Murder

Last edited:
Thanks for that update @everybodhi - do you know IF the trial is going on? I haven't been able to find anything "new" on this - probably cause I'm in the EU and don't get much California news.

TIA if you can! :)

I can’t find a thing, jury trial is listed as starting Friday Jan 17 in the LA court records, maybe by Monday we will hear something.

Yes, I see that - I have access to the court site, but the have no "upcoming hearings" in that section. You would "think" if trial was going on they would have put in Tuesday, Jan. 21st date. I'll check it out tomorrow & see what it says.

Yes, I see that - I have access to the court site, but the have no "upcoming hearings" in that section. You would "think" if trial was going on they would have put in Tuesday, Jan. 21st date. I'll check it out tomorrow & see what it says.

Could they be doing Jury selection?

Tuesday, January 21st:
*Trial continues (Day 2) (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Kris Anderson (57) (June 11, 2016, Santa Monica) - *Theo Andrew Krah (28 @ time of crime/31, Navy SEAL) indicted & arrested (6/13/16) & arraigned (10/21/16) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bail. (victim is WS JaimeSomers' friend).
Trial began on 1/17/20. (Moved from 1/10/20).
1/17/20 Day 1: Jury selection began (?). Trial continues to 1/21.

Wednesday, January 22nd:
*Trial continues (Day 3) (@ 8:30am PT) - CA - Kris Anderson (57) (June 11, 2016, Santa Monica) - *Theo Andrew Krah (28 @ time of crime/31, Navy SEAL) indicted & arrested (6/13/16) & arraigned (10/21/16) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. $2M bail. (victim is WS JaimeSomers' friend).
Trial began on 1/17/20. (Moved from 1/10/20)
1/17/20 Day 1: Jury selection began. Trial continues to 1/21.
1/21/20 Day 2: No info available. Trial continues on 1/22.

A super lawyer costs the super big bucks.
My impression is that some super lawyers will take high profile cases pro bono, or at a greatly discounted cost to keep their name in the papers and show case their abilities. The next client, say, the CEO accused of embezzlement won't receive the discount.

As a side note, the Dallas police officer recently convicted in the "wrong apartment shooting" and with little indications of substantial cash reserves benefited from a locally known super defense attorney.

My guess is that he was using the high profile case as advertising. In either case his skills were evident as the defendant received a very light, "able to resume a life" type sentence given the totality of the circumstances.

“ [Lt.] Rodriguez said police pursued Krah because of his altercation with Anderson, as well as other evidence that cannot be disclosed during the pending investigation”
I wonder what that evidence is? Perhaps it is a reference to the defendant's past history?

Prior to joining the SEALS and while working as a life guard, Krah had confronted another "sex offender" based on poorly articulated reasons.

Krah was informed by pool management that the man's conduct was not grounds for confronting him and to leave him alone.

Evidently, the man was not a registered sex offender, had not received any complaints from the public, nor had other lifeguards noticed any warning signs in his conduct. After he confronted him again for vague reasons, Krah was fired.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220
Back