Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm....very odd case indeed!
The resemblance to the McMinn's is quite uncanny.
This mystery couple could very well be them!

Sorry; I do not feel the man is Maxie. NamUs says the correct date with age; so does Charley Project -
NamUs MP #5595 Maxwell Graham Date last seen August 24, 1978 Age last seen 28 to years old

Do we have anyone in contact with McMinn's case worker Carrie Sutherland?
I will try to speak to Pamela Reed in the next week to see if she knows anything about the Mystery Couple & NamUs

John McMinn - DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
Cordelia McMinn - DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete

Give me one sec and there is one more

Thanks WS. I have often enjoyed reading post but never joined until now. Responding to Bubblyone: To live this close to the such a dangerous drug organization, I would fear trying to reach out to anyone related to any of the Murders discussed in Sumter, SC. It would be easy for my body to end up in the Manchester State Forest or Wedgefield Woods if it doesnt end up there soon anyway!

To know to much in this neck of the woods can get you jail time or death, especially when you know who is responsible for the murders of Maxie Graham, JW Andrews, 1976 unknown murders, Peg Cuttino, and who hired PeeWee Gaskins as a hitman in Sumter, South Carolina. These people are extremely dangerous, local and state law enforcement covers it all up. They havent released the McMinns DNA test since 2012 and I'm sure it would take an act of congress to get results from anyone else's DNA. This organization involves many gangs and millions in drug money. I have tried to do the right thing and go to the proper authorities however it only seems to cause trouble on myself. Right now I just want these people to leave me alone but until they STOP, I will have my browntown discussions with WS. It is their CHOICE? Sorry about thedu Rant! I would like to thank WS for chance to discuss nearly 50 years of Sumter SC murders on your forum. This has been very interesting.

this is the other one i found

Give me one sec and there is one more

I didn't think that "Test Complete" ruled a person in or out? Can anyone help with this?

I didn't think that "Test Complete" ruled a person in or out? Can anyone help with this?

I asked for clarification yesterday; if the couple are in NamUs & if they've been compared to McMinns. Please be patient

I wonder if the sumter police department still has the watch or if someone has a good clear picture of the face.
I have discovered some intresting information about that type of watch. I am still getting my research together and I will post shortly... thanks

AFAIK, that doesn't mean they have been ruled it.
It just means testing has been completed, and a match mat or may not have been made in regards to the McMinn's.

Based on the Mcminns being a positive ID for this couple IMO based on the links below and the correspondence back and forth between them. It may be that we will never know. With the government involoved including the DOJ. We as citizens may be out of the loop. I will not stop looking

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1976STATE221461_b.html- initial request
https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1976OTTAWA03620_b.html
https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1976OTTAWA03717_b.html - escpecially paragragh 2
i wonder who the confidential informant is
https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1976OTTAWA03889_b.html

I don't think the McMinns are the does. I really think we would already know if it was them, plus Jane Doe is a bit shorter. I really don't see the resemblance with John Doe, but I know most do. What I think will help find out who the does are the dental records. Somebody who worked on John Does teeth knew what he was doing. I just hope it's not to late to find somebody that might know something!

I don't think the McMinns are the does. I really think we would already know if it was them, plus Jane Doe is a bit shorter. I really don't see the resemblance with John Doe, but I know most do. What I think will help find out who the does are the dental records. Somebody who worked on John Does teeth knew what he was doing. I just hope it's not to late to find somebody that might know something!

I don't think that it is them either. IMO i feel that I know who the john doe is at least and i posted on that on here but i dont think anyone looked into it I would just like for someone to discuss my theory of who and why i believe it is who I found.

I don't think that it is them either. IMO i feel that I know who the john doe is at least and i posted on that on here but i dont think anyone looked into it I would just like for someone to discuss my theory of who and why i believe it is who I found.
I think Dikran Knadjian is promising did you find the father or any family members?

I wonder if the sumter police department still has the watch or if someone has a good clear picture of the face.
I have discovered some intresting information about that type of watch. I am still getting my research together and I will post shortly... thanks
Did you find anything new about the watch?

yes jaysc I did ... I am quoting a few lines from wikipedia but you can look at the link

in 1973 the "Accuquartz" 224. All of these are "full sized" movements, ranging from 28.7mm to 29.7mm in diameter, and were used in men's watches.

Ironically, the Spaceview was never intended to be sold by Bulova. It was a salesman's demonstration tool and a display model for jewelers. While Bulova used a solid gold Spaceview in an intensive advertising campaign for the new Accutron, they only expected to sell a few hundred, strictly to distributing jewelers for use as a merchandising display; however many customers, seeing the watch in the window, wished to purchase it. Realizing that there was a consumer demand, Bulova started manufacturing kits which allowed jewelers to convert normal 214s, came up with the name "Spaceview" and started manufacturing them in stainless steel and gold filled for retail sale.

An Accutron with a 224 movement, which should be labeled "Accuquartz" on its dial, is a hybrid movement, with its timekeeping actually regulated by a quartz crystal rather than by the tuning fork itself. Many consider these to be collectible because they were only made for 5 years, resulting in a low total production number and corresponding rarity today. When Bulova ceased tuning fork movement production in 1977, they also stopped making components;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulova

just so it happens the man that I believe it the John doe after exstensive research his father was a prominent watchmaker.
That could explain the expensive watch and ring that he had

Jaysc ... Have you been following this case long?

Yes I found the fathers report that his son is missing through the embassy
he has since passed
https://www.wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/1975ADDIS05517_b.html

I also found his brother who owns Backes & Strauss Vartkess Knadjian

he did an interview confirming that his father was "My father a ‘Maitre d’horlogere’ from the Geneva watchmaking school was the official watchmaker to the Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie for almost three decades. "
http://www.luxuriousmagazine.com/20...kess-knadjian-ceo-of-backes-strauss-part-one/

I also found the dentist that invented the fluted root canal and he is still in practice is california.
it was invented and patent approved in 1971
i will get the link for that.
that would also explain the highly good dental work for 1976.
also another thing that I have found is that idk if you have looked at the case circumstances in namus for him
it says that
At the time of his disappearance Dikran was a medical student from Cambridge University vacationing in the United States with plans to visit Florida after his stay at Yosemite and then back to Cambridge. Case notes indicate that he asked the registration desk attendant how to get to Half Dome.

Dikran is of Armenian descent and speaks fluent English with a British accent.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19337/3/

which if you have read the case file on john doe that is almost the same as what he told the man at the koa camp

yes jaysc I did ... I am quoting a few lines from wikipedia but you can look at the link

in 1973 the "Accuquartz" 224. All of these are "full sized" movements, ranging from 28.7mm to 29.7mm in diameter, and were used in men's watches.

Ironically, the Spaceview was never intended to be sold by Bulova. It was a salesman's demonstration tool and a display model for jewelers. While Bulova used a solid gold Spaceview in an intensive advertising campaign for the new Accutron, they only expected to sell a few hundred, strictly to distributing jewelers for use as a merchandising display; however many customers, seeing the watch in the window, wished to purchase it. Realizing that there was a consumer demand, Bulova started manufacturing kits which allowed jewelers to convert normal 214s, came up with the name "Spaceview" and started manufacturing them in stainless steel and gold filled for retail sale.

An Accutron with a 224 movement, which should be labeled "Accuquartz" on its dial, is a hybrid movement, with its timekeeping actually regulated by a quartz crystal rather than by the tuning fork itself. Many consider these to be collectible because they were only made for 5 years, resulting in a low total production number and corresponding rarity today. When Bulova ceased tuning fork movement production in 1977, they also stopped making components;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulova

just so it happens the man that I believe it the John doe after exstensive research his father was a prominent watchmaker.
That could explain the expensive watch and ring that he had

Jaysc ... Have you been following this case long?
Not long, but I've been reading up on it! I feel like your onto something your definitely doing the research! Thanks HLP FIND THE MISSING I'll try and keep up with my research!

Also from what I understand but haven't been able to find solid evidence on is that i believe they are survivors from the Armenian genocide. that could also explain the scar that he has. That is what I am currently looking into and also if there are any publications of the dental work that was done.

I have not gotten a reply about our Does being in NamUs. Gonna give it a few days then try a different approach.
I assume you feel Dikran Knadjian is our John Doe. I read on the wikileaks page that his dad felt he may be in jail under a different name.
How do you account for him being missing 4 years? They had different watches too

John & Jane Doe August 9, 1976
Dikran Knadjian date last seen July 24, 1972. Wearing a Omega wristwatch w/ black band.
Dikran checked into Camp Curry Village on 7-24-72 and was never seen again. Dikran is Armenian and speaks with a strong British accent. At the time of his disappearance Dikran was a medical student from Cambridge University vacationing in the United States with plans to visit Florida after his stay at Yosemite and then back to Cambridge. Case notes indicate that he asked the registration desk attendant how to get to Half Dome.

Yes he had an omega watch on and if he is the john doe then he could have had that as well. He is the son of a prominent watchmaker. I am sure that he had alot of them. Also do you not find it strange that the KOA witness basically said the same thing that he was traveling the u.s.
Also it would be really easy to rule him out if they would have noted that he has a mole on his right arm near the wrist. That is listed in his namus
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19337/3/

no i cant account for 4 years. BUT if he doesnt have a car and is backpacking across the US how long do you think that would take.
I mean it may not be the john doe. He may be one of the thousands of people who mysteriously disappear from Yosemite every year. I wouldnt say that I dont trust the sumter police dept. but they dont have the passion of finding them like the coroner verna moore does and she is retired.

If i could call these places myself and ask them I would. but then I would probably be charged with hendering an investigation.

Im not sure what else to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member