Mystery Man Surveillance

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, I guess your right. What I don't understand is why bother with a lineup if the POI's picture is out on the news and internet. It wouldn't mean squat if he's picked out of a spread. Why not just say we are showing pictures around and investigating every angle. JMO.

They are supposed to do a line up with fillers so it sounds like what they did. Although I am not sure why they waited so long before showing this line up to the motorcycle guy.

They are supposed to do a line up with fillers so it sounds like what they did. Although I am not sure why they waited so long before showing this line up to the motorcycle guy.

I know what you mean by fillers, but having a POI picture out in the news would contaminate anyone who viewed the lineup. Anyone viewing the lineup could have seen a person who was on TV related to this case and then see his picture in the lineup and go "thats him".

Does anyone else believe that it is next to impossible for a person to have kidnapped a baby and then walked around the area for 4 hours? I can't see that happening in the wildest of scenarios.
yep I think it is nearly impossible, but weird s--t really does happen. Not saying it did or not this time thought, but weird and wild does happen.

yep I think it is nearly impossible, but weird s--t really does happen. Not saying it did or not this time thought, but weird and wild does happen.

If there really was an intruder who is in the system, I am pretty sure LE would find DNA and fingerprints from such a person in the house. After all, someone who is going to walk around for 4 hours with a kidnapped baby doesn't sound like a criminal mastermind but as someone out of his mind.

Who knows? Maybe he saw his picture on the nightly news, maybe he saw his picture online, maybe he was shown a photo of the guy when detectives were going around asking about him.

The point is, MT admitted he picked the guy they were showing pictures of, so it appears that MT had seen his photo prior to looking @ the line-up montage.
His image was not shown on the news. He also would not have been shown the photo if he is not in the neighborhood. To me it would all hinge upon if he id'd his image before or after jersey's arrest and his name was released to possibly look up his mugshot. LE was very careful not to let this be released before Jersey was arrested and probably for this very reason. It is possible though that he knew Jersey beforehand.

His image was not shown on the news. He also would not have been shown the photo if he is not in the neighborhood. To me it would all hinge upon if he id'd his image before or after jersey's arrest and his name was released to possibly look up his mugshot. LE was very careful not to let this be released before Jersey was arrested and probably for this very reason. It is possible though that he knew Jersey beforehand.

The line up was yesterday, so way after arrest.

If there really was an intruder who is in the system, I am pretty sure LE would find DNA and fingerprints from such a person in the house. After all, someone who is going to walk around for 4 hours with a kidnapped baby doesn't sound like a criminal mastermind but as someone out of his mind.
That we can definitely agree upon! But intruders in general, can and do leave without leaving a trace. I don't think this guy could pull it off though. I am still not totally believing the biker dude because he said it was 45 out the night he saw this. It was closer to 60 that night and most bikers I know, know the difference. That is a big difference when you ride.

It doesn't always happen that way. Its call CSI syndrome. I had jury duty last week and the prosecutor used that term during jury selection. He asked prospective jurors if they had to have evidence like you see on the TV show in order to vote guilty. The correct answer is no. But you could be correct and they found some unidentified DNA and/or fingerprints that they are still trying to find a match. JMO.

That should have been done the very first thing whether LE believed his story or not IMO.

It sounds to me that after he showed up on TV with his story LE called him back in for a line up. Since he claims he came forward about a week after the fact. Of course we don't know what exactly he means by "about a week." I also wonder where he works since he was going home at 4 am in the morning.

It sounds to me that after he showed up on TV with his story LE called him back in for a line up. Since he claims he came forward about a week after the fact. Of course we don't know what exactly he means by "about a week." I also wonder where he works since he was going home at 4 am in the morning.

A contract worker at Starbucks??

The coming home from work is very do-able here. There are many companies that work around the clock here. Ford, Harley, the airport, hospitals, just to name a very few options that are real close even. My problem lies in a motorcycle rider not noticing how nice of a ride it was in October here that night.

This man, Brian David Mitchell, kidnapped Elizabeth Smart and left not a single hair, fingerprint, DNA, or fiber...hard to believe, but, apparently, true ...

image543825x.jpg

This man, Brian David Mitchell, kidnapped Elizabeth Smart and left not a single hair, fingerprint, DNA, or fiber...hard to believe, but, apparently, true ...

image543825x.jpg

He did leave a witness...and he had been in the house previously...apparently LE did learn something from that case but, alas, Lisa's parents refused to allow more questions of her brothers.

JMO

MT was shown the line-up photo montage on Oct. 24, according to his statements in this article (dated Oct. 25):

Mike Thompson, the witness who claims he saw a man carrying a baby on the side of the road around 4 a.m. the night Lisa disappeared told ABC News police questioned him again on Monday.

"Yesterday they showed me a paper with six pictures on it," Thompson said. "And I picked out the man they had been showing pictures of."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/missing-ba...gh-questions-parents/story?id=14810300&page=2

"Jersey" was arrested Oct. 15 (9 days prior to MT "IDing" him), according to this article:

The handyman is known locally as “Jersey.” He was arrested Saturday on what police say are unrelated charges.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...an-arrested-questioned-missing-baby-lisa-case

Isabelle Zehnder is an approved journalist on WS.

After his arrest, there were photos of Johnny Tanko aka "Jersey" all over the internet.

Based on MT's statement, he had seen a picture of the alleged *mystery man* prior to being asked to ID him in the photo line-up. The question remains as to where he had seen this picture. It's possible he saw his photo on the news or online (as we all did after his arrest on Oct. 15).

As MT stated: "I picked out the man they had been showing pictures of."

Based on this, I consider MT's identification of "Jersey" as the "mystery man" to be worthless. I suspect LE considers MT's ID of him to be worthless, as well.

Brian David Mitchell, in the Elizabeth Smart case, was remembered by her younger sister NOT because she was questioned by police - but because, in fact, she was left alone.

Only after a considerable period of time was she able to recall on her own, at which point she went to her parents.

Brian David Mitchell, in the Elizabeth Smart case, was remembered by her younger sister NOT because she was questioned by police - but because, in fact, she was left alone.

Only after a considerable period of time was she able to recall on her own, at which point she went to her parents.

Except it is possible that LE might have said something that sparked a memory in her much earlier, if they had talked to her several times, JMO. You never know.

The Missouri site says he was arrested for burglary and tampering with a vehicle. Do we know whether those were the Irwin's home and car?

I haven't seen anything to suggest it were.

I don't fully understand this last docket update for Jersey (updated today) but have an idea after reading this MO PD Limited Liability link as an example.

Are there any lawyers hanging out here that could explain. I don't want to put out my op without a lawyer representing me. Ha Ha!

Public Defender Determination of Indigency and Notice of Unavailability filed

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchDockets.do

Here's the link to the MO PD limited liability link

http://www.news-leader.com/assets/pdf/DO116777830.PDF

LE had probable cause to get a warrant for Jersey on 8/13/11 and arrested him on the
14th. The motorcycle guy said it was about a week later after Lisa went missing (Oct. 4th) he realized the man he claims he saw with a baby at 4 a.m. and told LE, then id's Jersey from the picture line up from yesterday. So that would be about the 11th or around there. Jersey's picture was available online if he knew his name. If he didn't well...could be he saw his picture that was being circulated.

I'll just watch Jersey's docket updates although I just can't fit this together with the slender, balding guy the neighbor's saw with a baby earlier that night. Is Jersey slender? He might be balding it appears? Can't tell from his mugshot about weight though. He did have a white t-shirt on in his mugshot along with a jacket or shirt unbuttoned on, granted days after the sightings. hmmm jmo Oh, and his friend per his ex's landlord lived across the street from the Irwin's. another hmmm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back