Names of Jurors just Released

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respecfully snipped...

Oh NO! :maddening: this is the first I've heard about a video documentary... :maddening:

This startling bit of info just came through the media just prior to closing arguments. I'm surprised the good 'Dr'. hasn't been fined or held over for contempt for talking about this case to a private video media co. My intuition can almost put the bullseye on who is behind that one. :waitasec:.

Yes, it is going to be interesting to see if anyone at all chases them for an interview. Looking at the occupations of the jurors, and that some are parents and grandparents - it is inconceivable to me that they voted the way the did.

I'm not sure I'm ready for the excuses and the whining that we didn't know or hear what everyone else knew - didn't know Baez's statements throughout the whole trial are now just called theories/lies, or that they felt heavily pressured by one or two people on the jury as they came to their decision.

There just isn't any excuse, any explanation - there isn't anything they can say that will have me "resting easy" with their decision. And I do think they themselves brought on all the derision that's come their way since they waltzed out from the jury room with their decision. Not for me.....:furious:
I was going to post on this but frankly I couldnt articulate my own feelings any better then you just did.Thank You.

...and the jurors are still perfectly safe. Too bad Perry won't be issuing an apology to the public for his assumptions about their inability to control themselves.

While I didn't agree with His Honor Judge Perry for putting a hold on releasing the jurors name, I did understand his reasons for doing so - given the publics display of very negative reactions to the juror's decisions and conduct.

I think he completely understand our anger and frustration and I suspect was sharing our feelings. However as an officer of the court - his primary obligation is to uphold the law. That's his job and what he has sworn he will do. He may not like it - but it is what is it is. What we would we have him do - behave like Baez? And given the very real threats to the jury - even if they were by email and fax at the time, he had no way of telling whether or not someone would attempt to carry out these threats. His duty was to safeguard the jury and as I stated before, while I didn't agree - I understand why he did what he did.

I think we saw quite enough of officers of the court attempting to flout the law in the courtroom while this case was proceeding.

While I didn't agree with His Honor Judge Perry for putting a hold on releasing the jurors name, I did understand his reasons for doing so - given the publics display of very negative reactions to the juror's decisions and conduct.

I think he completely understand our anger and frustration and I suspect was sharing our feelings. However as an officer of the court - his primary obligation is to uphold the law. That's his job and what he has sworn he will do. He may not like it - but it is what is it is. What we would we have him do - behave like Baez? And given the very real threats to the jury - even if they were by email and fax at the time, he had no way of telling whether or not someone would attempt to carry out these threats. His duty was to safeguard the jury and as I stated before, while I didn't agree - I understand why he did what he did.

I think we saw quite enough of officers of the court attempting to flout the law in the courtroom while this case was proceeding.

I think he was more focused on preventing appeals than anything. He was holding Baez' hand throughout the trial and giving him pointers along the way. Very unfair to the SA. Allowing the "I can't judge people" lady on the jury was unconscionable and unforgivable as well. If only he would uphold the laws against perjury and Attorney misconduct...I wouldn't have such a poor opinion of him.

I think he was more focused on preventing appeals than anything. He was holding Baez' hand throughout the trial and giving him pointers along the way. Very unfair to the SA. Allowing the "I can't judge people" lady on the jury was unconscionable and unforgivable as well. If only he would uphold the laws against perjury and Attorney misconduct...I wouldn't have such a poor opinion of him.

If you recall, that woman said she couldn't judge people based on other people's gossip, she needed to see and hear the story from that person themselves.

She did not say she couldn't judge people period - she was questioned further both by the Judge and the Prosecution to clarify that remark.

But clearly she was easily led, especially I believe to some soiled undergarments that needed cleaning and folding...:banghead:

I cannot tell you how upset I was to read that their names were released.

No really, I can't tell you ...cause I'm not upset at all.

Didn't anyone notice that Judge Pastor (CM trial) sealed the names of that jury??!!

Oh my poor thumping heart, once again I was filled with dread that a mild-mannered, magazine-flipping Dr. Phil-boycotter had gone medieval on a juror's *advertiser censored*, but thankfully they haven't.

I realize the only ones who'd bother anybody in the mix is the media. Real people aren't going to bother with either side, jurors or OCA-although, I can see her being yelled at/mobbed on the street. I just don't understand why the court allowed the jurors names to be made public when the public cannot see the Depo video. Jurors did their job-yes poorly, but what they do after the fact is none of anybody's concern. Let them alone. I wish there was a law to dictate that anybody serving on a jury cannot make any other monies after a trial is over-no matter what-the same would go for some of the guilty who were let loose on a whim. I know it's taking away the rights of the public, but still... It's like this Jackson case-Right or wrong, news is out the Dr. has been making a video documentary about his life with M. Jackson and what happened, while he's been sitting there in court keeping mum. He expects to get a payout of at least 1 million dollars, plus the %. Things like this should be stopped.

Maybe it's because Michael never did get around to paying him for his services and he thinks he'll need a million to pay for his defense bill?
:waitasec:

Not saying he's right to do it - just saying...

Maybe it's because Michael never did get around to paying him for his services and he thinks he'll need a million to pay for his defense bill?
:waitasec:

Not saying he's right to do it - just saying...

This is true, but in hindsight, CM could not or would not tell the truth if it bit him in his keister when it mattered the most, but he was willing to sit down on a number of occasions and spill his story for a promised buck IF it was sellable-and it was! I think NBC picked the documentary up. All I know somebody sure had to be paying him something for the past 2 years. He seemed to get out of a lot of heavy duty financial obligations, I can't imagine 'his story' would be worth that much beforehand, because he has a way of skirting the truth like the A's. Kill a person by whatever means, get min jail time and make untold riches-It boggles the mind!

This is true, but in hindsight, CM could not or would not tell the truth if it bit him in his keister when it mattered the most, but he was willing to sit down on a number of occasions and spill his story for a promised buck IF it was sellable-and it was! I think NBC picked the documentary up. All I know somebody sure had to be paying him something for the past 2 years. He seemed to get out of a lot of heavy duty financial obligations, I can't imagine 'his story' would be worth that much beforehand, because he has a way of skirting the truth like the A's. Kill a person by whatever means, get min jail time and make untold riches-It boggles the mind!

At least we know if he goes to jail he'll lose his medical license to practise...
I think...and the family can always sue him in civil court....

At least we know if he goes to jail he'll lose his medical license to practise...
I think...and the family can always sue him in civil court....

Spot on on everything. Likely will do less than a couple of months behind bars, lose his license and family will sue. Of course, he has plenty of time to squirrell that money away before the lawsuit ends..

Spot on on everything. Likely will do less than a couple of months behind bars, lose his license and family will sue. Of course, he has plenty of time to squirrell that money away before the lawsuit ends..

Small wonder Lady Justice is shown blindfolded! If she saw what passes for law these days she's fall off that pedestal she's on...:maddening:

I really wish I did not carry hatred in my heart for Mr.Baez and his 12 Fools,but it is there and will not leave me.

I've stayed away from this case since the verdict. I just can't bring myself to support the jurors in this case. They say that all that needs to happen for evil to exist in the world, is for good men to do nothing. So many did nothing to protect Caylee, or to see that justice was served for what was done to her. This jury did nothing. Didn't bother to look at the evidence, or deliberate honestly.

I believe that one day, at least one human that took part in that jury will come forward to tell what really happened.

Same here.
..don't care who they are.

I don't either and from the lack of coverage on TV I'd say most people feel the same contempt. What they did was so gutless that it leaves a nasty taste in my mouth just writing about it; I certainly don't want to listen to any excuses from them as to why not one of them stood up for Caylee.

BTW- it is 3 years to the day since Caylee's remains were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mary0309