Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I am confused by the pictures showing the red outline, the 911 call states she was in water, the pictures of LE at the scene show them around the water. In addition, i think its busier than people think, a man walking his dog found the body, there is another picture of a man jogging that shows the location Nancy was found.

If she wasnt jogging and killed there, it would be very easy for a vehicle to back up on the paved road and place her there, not much distance between the paved road and the body location from what I understand.

I don't believe that red outline was any work of LE to be honest. The July 14th press conference of the Cary Chief clearly indicates the body was in the drainage area. Additionally if you listen to the 911 call of the man who found the body, he states it was down an embankment and also that the only reason he noticed it was because of the vultures - not because it was out in the open. Taking those things into account I find it very unlikely that the photograph referenced is the actual location of the body when initially found nor done by LE.

http://www.wral.com/news/video/3211708/

My impression was that the white sheet was placed there to aid in the removal of the body from the water. This would help in preventing any evidence from being compromised.

It wouldn't make a lot of sense to take the body to this secluded area then lay it on the edge of a pretty steep embankment.

I thought the body was found in the area where the white tarp is. I just guessed that was there to preserve any evidence (since it was raining on the day she was found).

So, is the pic w/ the body outline/location one released by LE?

ETA link to picture from media w/ LE standing where body was recoved: http://www.wral.com/news/local/image/3210731/. This is why I thought she was found in the area of the white tarp.

The white "tarp" was not placed by the cops as a similar one is on other storm basin's on the other 2-3 undeveloped cul de sacs

I outlined the body in 'red' when I posted the pic.
There were 2 bouquets of flowers specifically in that spot, so there is a good chance it was placed by someone that knew for sure.

Sheriff Harrison did say the body was found just off the road and not in the water. Like wirehair noticed, the spot is recessed from the road and shoulder grade so a body would not be obvious if one drove in the cul-de-sac and turned around. The walker said he went over there because he saw vultures circling overhead. It would have also been close enough to the road (10') that his dog could 'sniff' if he was tethered to a retractable leash. Also, it was close enough where a strong man could basically 'toss' her body without stepping on the shoulder , leaving shoe impressions.

There was no debris or dirt in the road, so I am unsure why the cops inspected his tires....unless there were tire impressions on the immediate shoulder (I think he was smarter than that).

There was no debris or dirt in the road, so I am unsure why the cops inspected his tires....unless there were tire impressions on the immediate shoulder (I think he was smarter than that).

A wise person once said on our forum, 'there's no school for committing murder.' or something like that.

Don't be so sure the killer was too smart to drive onto the immediate shoulder.

This same wise person said the 'most difficult part of a murder for a perp, is, what? to do with the body.'

JMHO
fran

A wise person once said on our forum, 'there's no school for committing murder.' or something like that.

Don't be so sure the killer was too smart to drive onto the immediate shoulder.

This same wise person said the 'most difficult part of a murder for a perp, is, what? to do with the body.'

JMHO
fran

Very true...that's why we see so many 'how to' google searches on many killer's computer hard drives.

Yes, disposing of the body is usually a big challenge. W/O an elaborate scheme to destroy or bury it, a body is often staged to make the death appear it was actually something it was not (accident, suicide, sex assault)

Because of Brad's burning desire for the ME to release the autopsy, something tells me she might have been found with her jogging shorts torn away and there was evidence of vaginal bruising and tearing.

My husband and I went there last weekend. We had to park our car because there was sherriff's tape across the road that goes off to the right from Fielding Dr. as you're facing the end of Fielding. Sorry, I don't know the name of that road. As we walked I noted there was a lot of dirt and mud (it rained last weekend) on the road. For those of you who aren't from around here we have mostly clay-like dirt, not the typical dirt you might expect.

Construction pallets and vehicles are stored along side of that road. With the construction traffic and LE traffic there were a lot of tire tracks that could be seen.

So, to get to the dump site you would have to go through all that dirt. I don't recall what the weather was that Friday night, but the dirt may have been dry that night. If so, I am not sure if enough would have stuck to the tires after the trip home and around.

You're right, Just the Fax, the cul-de-sac where she was found is clean.

My husband and I went there last weekend. We had to park our car because there was sherriff's tape across the road that goes off to the right from Fielding Dr. as you're facing the end of Fielding. Sorry, I don't know the name of that road. As we walked I noted there was a lot of dirt and mud (it rained last weekend) on the road. For those of you who aren't from around here we have mostly clay-like dirt, not the typical dirt you might expect.

Construction pallets and vehicles are stored along side of that road. With the construction traffic and LE traffic there were a lot of tire tracks that could be seen.

So, to get to the dump site you would have to go through all that dirt. I don't recall what the weather was that Friday night, but the dirt may have been dry that night. If so, I am not sure if enough would have stuck to the tires after the trip home and around.

Thanks CARYISHOME, I do now recall an area before the turn into the actual cul de sac that was covered with red clay.
Unfortunelly, it rained very hard before the body was found so any impressions left Saturday am would likely be washed away as mud.:mad:

We went to the pool that Friday night, so I remember it was a nice night. However, it did rain on Monday (before her body was found), so I wonder if that would have worn away any tire impressions, foot prints etc.

We went to the pool that Friday night, so I remember it was a nice night. However, it did rain on Monday (before her body was found), so I wonder if that would have worn away any tire impressions, foot prints etc.

If nothing else the rain probably was sufficeint enough to distort tracks and footprints to the point they may have been unusable. Possible the only tracks of use were from the man who found her body.

Very true...that's why we see so many 'how to' google searches on many killer's computer hard drives.

Yes, disposing of the body is usually a big challenge. W/O an elaborate scheme to destroy or bury it, a body is often staged to make the death appear it was actually something it was not (accident, suicide, sex assault)

Because of Brad's burning desire for the ME to release the autopsy, something tells me she might have been found with her jogging shorts torn away and there was evidence of vaginal bruising and tearing.

I will be SURPRISED if her body shows signs of a sexual assault.:eek:

OTOH, IF she was assaulted, I hope there is dna *evidence*.

Until we learn IF there was a *sexual assault*, for me anyway, I will most likely continue to look at the *usual suspect* as the perp. I know it may sound to many that I'm just not being fair and have tunnel vision, but I really don't.

Whenever a new case such as this comes up, I look from the inside out. Meaning, for me, starting with the last person to be with the victim. Quite often, I've found, it's difficult to get past that point. I still continue to look at 'others,' but the road generally keeps leading back to the last person that was with the victim. :(

Seriously, I don't want it to be him (ie Brad in this case). It would be better for ALL involved IF it were someone else. Until we have more information, I'm stuck on 'the usual suspect.'

Believe me, this story gets really, really old after you've seen enough of them. It's like Groundhog day. The difference is, Groundhog day had a happy ending. No matter who the perp ends up being, there are no winners here. A young and sweet woman, mother, daughter, friend, wife, lost her life needlessly. That steet is littered with victims of this crime.

So tragic, any way you look at it. :(

JMHO
fran

PS...I know the husband is upset that he's being looked at as the perp. That's understandable. But as his lawyer has most likely explained, that's the way this game is. IF he didn't do this crime, he doesn't need to worry now, does he? So he should just cooperate and act like the grieving husband he portends to be. Get over it. This isn't about him. He's not the main victim here, Nancy is. He should want LE to catch her killer and if it means looking at him, help them so they can get over it and move on to catch the REAL killer....fran

PPS.....Brad needs to also, STOP trying to trash the VICTIM'S good name and reputation. It does NOT make him look less guilty. As a matter of fact, it has the opposite effect, IMHO........:mad:........fran

I will be SURPRISED if her body shows signs of a sexual assault.:eek:

OTOH, IF she was assaulted, I hope there is dna *evidence*.

Until we learn IF there was a *sexual assault*, for me anyway, I will most likely continue to look at the *usual suspect* as the perp. I know it may sound to many that I'm just not being fair and have tunnel vision, but I really don't.

fran, I was saying **Brad** possibly staged it to appear as a sexual assault. (torn shorts, brusing and tearing, but obviously no DNA)That may be the reason he is so anxious for the autopsy to be released.
First of all, joggers in a quiet neighborhoods are not usually snatched off a running path, killed and then driven a few miles away to a remote, barren area, 1.1 miles in the very back of an established subdivision.

Re the question about googling sites, could also be that LE won't find evidence on the computer b/c it's obviously one of the first things to be confiscated in investigations. But that's not to say that BC took the long, scenic tour home several days to get a complete lay of the land. Just a thought.

Would be nice to have someone scan a flyer and attach here.

<snip>

PPS.....Brad needs to also, STOP trying to trash the VICTIM'S good name and reputation. It does NOT make him look less guilty. As a matter of fact, it has the opposite effect, IMHO........:mad:........fran

Fran,

Were it not for the custody case I suspect this wouldn't have happened and we certainly would not be aware of it. The custody case pretty much put him in a corner and he came out swinging. I agree it was not a good thing to do, not the right thing to do, and in the end appears to have been very unwise.

Not condonning how this was handled, just saying there have been some most unusual circunstances surrounding it. And I also agree, on face value it makes him look petty and quite capable of being not so nice.

Re the question about googling sites, could also be that LE won't find evidence on the computer b/c it's obviously one of the first things to be confiscated in investigations. But that's not to say that BC took the long, scenic tour home several days to get a complete lay of the land. Just a thought.

Would be nice to have someone scan a flyer and attach here.

I just wonder how the killer knew there was an completely hidden and empty cul-de-sac 1.1 miles in the very back of a nondescript subdivision ?

This area is not a through street, so anyone going back there would have to have prior knowledge that it was isolated.

Fran, I certainly respect your opinion. However, put yourself in BC's shoes IF he did not do it. He has been trashed and he is concerned he is going to lose custody of his children FOREVER. After reading the affidavits, you see that many of her friend's statements are "Nancy told me" and not directly witnessing the behavior. He is presenting his side of things. I'll state this again, he has plenty in his affidavits that could be proved true or false (looking at signatures on CC receipts, phone calls, emails, etc.).

You're definitely right, Nancy is the true victim here. She's the one who is dead and cannot stand here to defend herself against these statements. However, the statements of her friends have trashed him and he IS here to be able to defend himself.

Does anyone recall a photo or video of Brad after the murder wearing short sleeves ? It was mid 90's and humid most of the week, so I am very suspicious of his long sleeve shirt he was seen in. Unless you are dressing for business, it is rare to see a man wearing long sleeves in mid July.

There was a rumor he was covering scratches on his arms.
If that is true, the lab is likely processing DNA evidence found on Nancy's fingernails at autopsy.

I just wonder how the killer knew there was an completely hidden and empty cul-de-sac 1.1 miles in the very back of a nondescript subdivision ?

This area is not a through street, so anyone going back there would have to have prior knowledge that it was isolated.

I live in a area where there is a lot of new construction, although there has been a slow down of late. From time to time, we, as do others, drive through to see what is going around our community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop