Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I've been reading for a few weeks, but just recently decided to sign up and join in on the fun.

I wanted to say & ask a couple of things.

A friend of a friend works at Cisco and had worked with BC on many projects before all this happened. I asked him about the stabbing rumor, and he had not heard that. I don't think that's something that's really "going around Cisco," as much as probably just something a few employees there speculated.

Where did the 420am HT rumor start? Is there any proof of that?

I know that in this area, a lot of stores have pretty high-quality DVR security systems that let you zoom and still have high-res images. Hopefully HT has these. I know that self-checkouts have little cameras to show what the customer is putting on the scale/scanner. Do self-checkouts have cameras pointed at the customer? Does anyone know? The HT near me has 24-hour self checkout, so I imagine if the Cary ones do too, he would have used those to avoid any interaction. Maybe?

Jonesmouse,

First welcome. I have a question maybe you can study on the answer. You reference the cameras at the self checkouts, do you think it is possible that those cameras would show a person's hand in the frame as they were placing the items on the scale / scanner ?

The reason I ask is in the 14 July 630 press conference, the camera does several zoom in shots of Brads hands. These shots focus on his wedding band and give a pretty good view of it. Do you think there is any possibility that the check out cameras may also have picked up a shot or two of this wedding band ?

The shots are at 5:15 through 5:19 and another at 9:33 in the press conference noted above and if this link works you can view that here:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/3207082/

Just curious

Reddress - I didn't take it as a personal attack but I certainly took it as an attack on whoever it was aimed at. There is a way to get one's point across without dressing someone down. IMO it was rude and really not necessary.

I actually think they were attacking the person who posted on a different thread about the retention pond or as I call it silt basin. They made sure to let us know they were an 'environmental engineer'.:boohoo:

This person has jumped around to other cases before NC so I don't think it is BC...just a person looking start problems. :loser:

What kind of warrant is needed for this to be placed on his vehicles? Where can someone locate this information to see if one was obtained or would it be placed in the sealed envelope along with the search warrants? In other words all done at the same time...

They had SW's for both vehicles.
With that authority, they could easily hide a GPS under the dash.

Hi. I'm a newbie who has been reading/following for a couple of weeks. I think I've read almost every post, so I feel up-to-date for the most part. There are so many things I want to comment on, but I'll stick to one of the points that's being discussed currently and that's the jacket. IMO, wearing a jacket early in the a.m. in a grocery store doesn't mean a thing/point to guilt. I'm local to the case (live about 4 miles away) and I carry a light jacket everywhere in the summer and wear it lots of places because they air condition the BEJEEZUS out of everywhere--especially in grocery stores. (I never realized I look so suspicious as a result!!) Now, before you point it out, I know he was in and out quickly, but I'll also wear a jacket in the eve/morning if I'm feeling a bit cool. I am an NC native and not Canadian, but I don't believe wearing a jacket is against the law in July, even here in good ol' North Carolina.

Just so you know, I'm not Brad, a friend of Brad's, a casual acquaintance of Brads, Brad's att'y or involved in any way with Brad. Just interested in the case and making observations.

So, Howdy EVERYONE! :Banane19:

I actually think they were attacking the person who posted on a different thread about the retention pond or as I call it silt basin. They made sure to let us know they were an 'environmental engineer'.:boohoo:

This person has jumped around to other cases before NC so I don't think it is BC...just a person looking start problems. :loser:

We call 'em trolls on that CTV/In session board.
Check out the Michelle Young thread over there and you will see
a group of about 5 that have been causing trouble for almost 2 years.

Jonesmouse,

First welcome. I have a question maybe you can study on the answer. You reference the cameras at the self checkouts, do you think it is possible that those cameras would show a person's hand in the frame as they were placing the items on the scale / scanner ?

The reason I ask is in the 14 July 630 press conference, the camera does several zoom in shots of Brads hands. These shots focus on his wedding band and give a pretty good view of it. Do you think there is any possibility that the check out cameras may also have picked up a shot or two of this wedding band ?

The shots are at 5:15 through 5:19 and another at 9:33 in the press conference noted above and if this link works you can view that here:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/3207082/

Just curious

Hi, RaisinCharlie,
At the self-checkout areas the camera does show your hand(s) as you scan items.

Hi. I'm a newbie who has been reading/following for a couple of weeks. I think I've read almost every post, so I feel up-to-date for the most part. There are so many things I want to comment on, but I'll stick to one of the points that's being discussed currently and that's the jacket. IMO, wearing a jacket early in the a.m. in a grocery store doesn't mean a thing/point to guilt. I'm local to the case (live about 4 miles away) and I carry a light jacket everywhere in the summer and wear it lots of places because they air condition the BEJEEZUS out of everywhere--especially in grocery stores. (I never realized I look so suspicious as a result!!) Now, before you point it out, I know he was in and out quickly, but I'll also wear a jacket in the eve/morning if I'm feeling a bit cool. I am an NC native and not Canadian, but I don't believe wearing a jacket is against the law in July, even here in good ol' North Carolina.

Just so you know, I'm not Brad, a friend of Brad's, a casual acquaintance of Brads, Brad's att'y or involved in any way with Brad. Just interested in the case and making observations.

So, Howdy EVERYONE! :Banane19:

FD

Welcome to the board.

The weather for Saturday in Cary NC

71 at 4 am with very sticky 66 degree dew point, making it fairly humid.
Speaking from my personal experience, wearing a jacket to run to the store in that weather would be insane.

Shorts, a Tee and flops would do the trick

Dang....I just wish I had asked about the checkout. I was so taken back when the person started talking to me I asked little and listened.

I will have to check and see if the U-Scan is open at the early hours. I was thinking they are not. Many times it requires a cashiers help for various reasons so they just keep a lane open to eliminate this.

I have been in HT at midnight and had them tell a customer to save time to go to U-Scan, so maybe they are open. I just don't know if they shut it down at a particular time. I know 4 of 8 are closed down at a certain time..but the other 4...I just don't know.

FD

Welcome to the board.

The weather for Saturday in Cary NC

71 at 4 am with very sticky 66 degree dew point, making it fairly humid.
Speaking from my personal experience, wearing a jacket to run to the store in that weather would be insane.

Shorts, a Tee and flops would do the trick

You callin' me insane?? :crazy:

Seriously, I'd be wearing my jacket....oh, well...

Anyway,
Thanks for the welcome!

Dang....I just wish I had asked about the checkout. I was so taken back when the person started talking to me I asked little and listened.

I will have to check and see if the U-Scan is open at the early hours. I was thinking they are not. Many times it requires a cashiers help for various reasons so they just keep a lane open to eliminate this.

I have been in HT at midnight and had them tell a customer to save time to go to U-Scan, so maybe they are open. I just don't know if they shut it down at a particular time. I know 4 of 8 are closed down at a certain time..but the other 4...I just don't know.

For identification purposes - it might be better if he had to face a cashier. May be why someone remembered him being there - saw his face the next day on the tube.

re: the jacket and ball cap scenario @ 4:20 am -- perhaps BC thought those items would disguise his appearance just enough so that, even w/the high-tech we have nowadays, there could be no positive id. i walked through my HT in Raleigh yesterday and noted the cameras were in the ceiling-area...i could see how, with a cap and jacket on and the intent to keep your head down, one could walk through the store w/o the ceiling cameras seeing your face clearly. now, having said that, i am sure there have to be other cameras not in the ceiling that could catch a glimpse of him as he walked towards the detergent aisle. for example, there are several cameras pointing out from the manager's desk at the HT i frequent, which appear to point at the cashier's area and would likely catch the front main aisle area. but that's a Raleigh HT, not the Cary one.
the self-checkout, if he used that manner to make his purchase, his hand(s) would definitely be in the picture. THAT may be one thing he didn't think of --

Fulldisclosure....I think with all the talk about long sleeves on here it has most everyone suspecting something.

Personally I can see if he was going to be gone for hours and not knowing the weather conditions he would grab his jacket...for a just in case reason. In and out of the store just doesn't sound reason enough to put a jacket on, IMO.

As you probably read it has been discussed he might have scratch marks on his arms. I don't know who began that or why, but it is a possible scenario.

The jacket might or might not be key is what we are wondering.

re: the jacket and ball cap scenario @ 4:20 am -- perhaps BC thought those items would disguise his appearance just enough so that, even w/the high-tech we have nowadays, there could be no positive id. i walked through my HT in Raleigh yesterday and noted the cameras were in the ceiling-area...i could see how, with a cap and jacket on and the intent to keep your head down, one could walk through the store w/o the ceiling cameras seeing your face clearly. now, having said that, i am sure there have to be other cameras not in the ceiling that could catch a glimpse of him as he walked towards the detergent aisle. for example, there are several cameras pointing out from the manager's desk at the HT i frequent, which appear to point at the cashier's area and would likely catch the front main aisle area. but that's a Raleigh HT, not the Cary one.
the self-checkout, if he used that manner to make his purchase, his hand(s) would definitely be in the picture. THAT may be one thing he didn't think of --

That's what I was wondering Zoe - his wedding band has a design on it - easy enough to check it out.

That's what I was wondering Zoe - his wedding band has a design on it - easy enough to check it out.

yeah - unless he took it off. i mean, i have to believe his adrenalin was rather high at this point. but, if he thought it through enough to try and disguise himself, maybe he remembered to take the ring off.

yeah - unless he took it off. i mean, i have to believe his adrenalin was rather high at this point. but, if he thought it through enough to try and disguise himself, maybe he remembered to take the ring off.

Certainly possible.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member