Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
reddress, if you know lonetraveler, ask them to please come back. they might be able to tell us some things about the enviromental issues in the area.

if the road was too busy and unlikely place for nancy to be running, i'm sure brad's defense attorneys will fashion a defense that looks like she was running in the cul-de-sac and got kidnapped.

or she got so mad that brad forgot to buy the groceries that she wanted, she started to run to HT to buy it and got nabbed.

reddress, if you know lonetraveler, ask them to please come back. they might be able to tell us some things about the enviromental issues in the area.
Saint, I don't know "lonetraveler"; I was only hypothesizing (LOL) like we all do. There was nothing on that particular post page that would get anybody's britches in a twist; so I went back to the beginning of the thread to see what may have triggered someone to sign on just to and make such a strong statement. The "2Daughter" response to you was the only thing that fit the bill.

I didn't want "lonetraveler: to get lambasted when he/she was actually trying to defend a fellow sluether. Simple as that. I have a real problem with people mis-understanding each other, which is so very easily done in a written forum. Just being the peacekeeper here. "Little miss sensitivity", probably shoulda been my screen name. LOL

Hi guys,
I have always had a theory about this (geez should this be on the theory thread?)
NC just got back from vacation with her family, I think at that time they formulated a plan for her to boogie out of Cary with the kids...her plan was to say goodbye to her friends at the party the night before, then the next day,"go help her friend paint" but really be running away on the road to Canada.
It would explain the passports in the car and money (maybe given to her by others).
Maybe BC discovered this and was FURIOUS, and he killed her during a fit.
I also think her friends who know she was planning a get-away are keeping mum until they have to testify in court about it.
They would NOT have put it in the custody affadavit for several reasons.
As we have seen in quite a few of these cases, these guys come from households that are pretty much the opposite of their spouses.
NC came from a family willing to support her all the way and help her leave.

This doesn't feel like a premeditated action, it feels quick and violent.
Allegedly!

Hi guys,
I have always had a theory about this (geez should this be on the theory thread?)
NC just got back from vacation with her family, I think at that time they formulated a plan for her to boogie out of Cary with the kids...her plan was to say goodbye to her friends at the party the night before, then the next day,"go help her friend paint" but really be running away on the road to Canada.
It would explain the passports in the car and money (maybe given to her by others).
I also think her friends who know she was planning a get-away are keeping mum until they have to testify in court about it.
As we have seen in quite a few of these cases, these guys come from households that are pretty much the opposite of their spouses.

Allegedly!

Now THAT is an interesting theory....

I also think he got wind of people maybe saying goodbye or acting a certain way and he went home early from the party and started snooping around and came up with plane tickets or noticed the passports all missing, money in her purse (more than what he doled out to her).
Imagine how humiliated he was to be around everyone knowing a secret about his wife leaving?
That would make him more mad than the fact that she was leaving.
I really don't think his personality would be able to handle being treated like a fool in front of the very people (who said in their affadavits) that he "acted superior " towards.
Imagine how MAD he was!?!

Then he spent the rest of the night, cleaning it up, building an alibi, buying time...he just never dreamed someone would dial 911.

Hi guys,

Allegedly!

I believe there was a plan to do just this. Not sure it was quite in place so quickly however. Several goals had to be accomplished first - for example reclaiming the childrens passports so they could get across the border into Canada.

I also think Nancy found some obstacles she had not anticipated. For example the 2004 BMW X 5 was only listed on Brads tax records for one year. I can find no logical reason why this vehicle was no longer listed in Brads name. Checking the identified friends tax records does not show this vehicle on the ones I was able to determine. If ownership of this vehicle had been transferred to a third party, were Nancy to leave she could well be driving a stolen vehicle in theory. There are other reasons I think this to be possible but am still researching them.

But I think your theory may have been the case - just a matter of timing.

You're good, Onescout. You should be out there writing TV and movies.

I believe there was a plan to do just this. Not sure it was quite in place so quickly however. Several goals had to be accomplished first - for example reclaiming the childrens passports so they could get across the border into Canada.

I also think Nancy found some obstacles she had not anticipated. For example the 2004 BMW X 5 was only listed on Brads tax records for one year. I can find no logical reason why this vehicle was no longer listed in Brads name. Checking the identified friends tax records does not show this vehicle on the ones I was able to determine. If ownership of this vehicle had been transferred to a third party, were Nancy to leave she could well be driving a stolen vehicle in theory. There are other reasons I think this to be possible but am still researching them.

RC, wasn't there some affadavit that stated the passports were in the car? Did I read that somewhere?...she only needed the car to get to the airport or to the "friend" who was going to drive her to Canada.
She could've charged the tix on her parent's credit card....

RC, wasn't there some affadavit that stated the passports were in the car? Did I read that somewhere?...she only needed the car to get to the airport or to the "friend" who was going to drive her to Canada.
She could've charged the tix on her parent's credit card....

In the affidavits it was referenced that the passports were in the car but that Brad had removed them - this would have occurred probably late April or early May. Brad explains it by saying that he would keep one and Nancy could have one.

There was a friend who did offer back in April to help her drive to Canada when Brad was insisting she and the children leave. I suspect the same friend would have been willing to help at any time.

Yes I believe her parents were going to be helping her.

RC, that's right , there was a friend that offered to drive her...
Ya know, maybe she had applied for another passport (for one of the daughters) you can always claim it's lost, then again she may have found the other passport and was making her move...and wasn't there a subpeona for a womans shelter/domestic violence center( Interact?) that also helps with immigration..
He had to be sooo mad at her...HE was the one in control, and she was trying to take it from him and other people knew about it?!?
Now he has the ultimate control, he's the only one who really knows what happened.
Allegedly.

Hi guys,

Allegedly!

Very interesting theory.

I hope though that her friends were telling the truth in their sworn affidavits. Jessica says they had plans to paint which I'd take to be the truth.

Also, I believe they did have plans to paint. She'd have no reason to lie in the 911 call, right? At that point, she sounds like she wants them to have all the info as to why she's calling instead of Brad.

Ya know, maybe she had applied for another passport (for one of the daughters) you can always claim it's lost, then again she may have found the other passport and was making her move...and wasn't there a subpeona for a womans shelter/domestic violence center( Interact?) that also helps with immigration..
He had to be sooo mad at her...HE was the one in control, and she was trying to take it from him and other people knew about it?!?
Now he has the ultimate control, he's the only one who really knows what happened.
Allegedly.

Now you are taxing my brain. I need to get my "notebook" out. I do recall, and right now I cannot tell you where I saw this cited (but I will find it) that Alice Stubbs, her lawyer had advised her to return to Canada. There was a subpeona to Interact by the plaintiff side of the custody case. Reason unknown except I believe expert testimony concerning abuse can be ruled out - experts get paid not subpeona'd. You could well be right about Interact , I just have mixed thoughts about that.

Brad losing control - I have no doubt this would push him over the edge. I do not believe he would have handled it well, it would have been seen as rejection as well. I don't think those things were ever in his plans. He was willing to let them go in April until he saw a draft separation agreement - no way would he allow her to leave.

Yes, it is odd the X-5 was not taxed in 2008 (would have been due 3-1-08, but not billed). Reckon he looked for a way to ease the financial pain they were suffering by converting the BMW finance to a lease ? That can be easily done on a car worth >$30,000.

Brad also owned a 2000 BMW Z-3 along with the BMW 325 before he bought the BMW X5 for Nancy. He also owned a Yamaha sport motorcycle in 2002....In other words, they were not a single car family before he bought the X5 for Nancy.

Allegedly.

Regardless of whether the passport is lost or not, I believe the consent of both parents is required for children.

Now you are taxing my brain. I need to get my "notebook" out. I do recall, and right now I cannot tell you where I saw this cited (but I will find it) that Alice Stubbs, her lawyer had advised her to return to Canada. There was a subpeona to Interact by the plaintiff side of the custody case. Reason unknown except I believe expert testimony concerning abuse can be ruled out - experts get paid not subpeona'd. You could well be right about Interact , I just have mixed thoughts about that.

Brad losing control - I have no doubt this would push him over the edge. I do not believe he would have handled it well, it would have been seen as rejection as well. I don't think those things were ever in his plans. He was willing to let them go in April until he saw a draft separation agreement - no way would he allow her to leave.

I would really hope that Alice Stubbs did not advise her to head to Canada to get to a more favorable court system as indicated in BC's affidavit. I believe she is an ethical attorney and that w/ those children being NC residents that she would instruct her that custody needed to be dealt w/ in the NC courts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay