Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right around two o'clock I was cutting through Lochmere on my way home from Crossroads. Saw the channel 11 (ABC) news truck at the light on Cary Parkway at Lochmere. They turned right onto Lochmere Drive and then turned into the section of Lochmere where the Cooper house is located. Wonder if they're just going by to get some updated location film or if they'll be doing a report on the news later?

It's sad to drive by there and see the entrance sign to that section of the subdivision. Has a big white bow on it.

snip---------------
It is not apparent to me that Brad was working with an attorney on the divorce issue yet. I guess I should go back and take a look at the draft of the separation agreement - I remember it being forwarded to Kurtz and Blum - but shouldn't it have gone somewhere else?

Perhaps he didn't get a custody / divorce attorney because he knew he'd never end up "divorced?"
snip-----------------------

I don't have the link just now, but in the affidavits, the friends suggest BC did have an attorney for the divorce. They speculated that it was on the advice of his attorneys that he suddenly became involved with the kids. I had been wondering if that was the case why their names hadn't come up yet.

Whether there had been trouble or suspicions or not, BC had taken their little girl far away, to a different country, hadn't protected or cared for her properly, and now she is dead. I'm certain that Papa Rentz was running the show and giving the orders of just how things were going to be. And then trying fiercely to protect what was left of Nancy - her children. And I don't think BC would even waver about releasing the body to them.

BTW, I don't recall that the ME actually released the body. Was the Canadian service actually a funeral, with burial or disposition of ashes, or was it a memorial service only?

Ok, I know I'm pages behind here, but I gotta start somewhere. ;)

See, that's the thing. IF it had been MY spouse who was missing and found murdered, as I would KNOW I had NOTHING to do with it, I wouldn't give a flying fig WHO LE was investigating nor who the in-laws THOUGHT did it. It would be MY LOVE that was murdered, MY LOVED ONE. There is NO WAY I would just back away.

Having said that, IF he wanted to keep the peace and thought it was the best for the in-laws to take Nancy home for the service, ok, I guess that WOULD BE understandable. OTOH,............WHY didn't he attend ANY of the memorials? WHY?

This was HIS WIFE, HIS LOVE, HIS PARTNER, the MOTHER of his CHILDREN! Why NOT go to her service, final farewell? WHY?

Before anyone excuses this behavior because,...........well..........they were getting a divorce, after all.............EHHH.......NO..........BRAD said in HIS affidavit, 'they were trying to work things out,' and 'I loved Nancy.'

THESE are BRAD'S words..........."I loved Nancy."

All I gotta say is, "He has a strange way of showing it."

JMHO
fran

PSSSSSSS..........NOTE to SELF: When the spouse does NOT attend the memorial service for their ALLEGED loved one, it's very suspicious, to the public at large, AND more importantly, SUSPICIOUS to LE....:behindbar,.......just sayin', fran

Right around two o'clock I was cutting through Lochmere on my way home from Crossroads. Saw the channel 11 (ABC) news truck at the light on Cary Parkway at Lochmere. They turned right onto Lochmere Drive and then turned into the section of Lochmere where the Cooper house is located. Wonder if they're just going by to get some updated location film or if they'll be doing a report on the news later?

It's sad to drive by there and see the entrance sign to that section of the subdivision. Has a big white bow on it.

Hi Wyn,

I talked to my news buddy today and got a feeling there will be a small story tonight.....:)

Fran - thanks for posting the Cisco statement in the media thread. Very non commital but interesting, assisting authorities in the investigation.

You're very welcome charlie! :)

IMO, Cisco is treading lightly here. Even for that short public statement, Cisco most likely ran this past their counsel.

To the public, they're cooperating with LE and behind the scenes they're supporting Brad.....

As it SHOULD BE! imo........At this point, no one knows the answers except LE,............oh...........and THE perp................and HE KNOWS who HE is. ;)

Wonder IF and when Cisco is going to contribute to a reward fund to find the 'real killer?' :confused:

JMHO
fran

I seems to me that Kurtz and Blum is more of a criminal defense type firm.

Perhaps he was advised to separate the "issues" - but that would be the first real acknowledgment that he NEEDED a criminal defense attorney....

According to Martindale - Howard Kurtz specializes in the following:

Criminal Defense; Traffic; DWI; Trial Practice; Appellate Practice; Death Penalty Post-conviction work; Personal Injury; Professional Negligence; Medical Malpractice; Legal Malpractice

Note - no divorce or child custody mentioned there.

It's possible that things are progressing and he was advised to retain separate counsel for the 2 (!) legal matters that will be pending.

Please look at all of the attorneys in that practice. Lynn Prather (listed on all those affidavits) does specialize in this.

You're very welcome charlie! :)

IMO, Cisco is treading lightly here. Even for that short public statement, Cisco most likely ran this past their counsel.

To the public, they're cooperating with LE and behind the scenes they're supporting Brad.....

As it SHOULD BE! imo........At this point, no one knows the answers except LE,............oh...........and THE perp................and HE KNOWS who HE is. ;)

Wonder IF and when Cisco is going to contribute to a reward fund to find the 'real killer?' :confused:

JMHO
fran

:rolleyes: I wonder why Brad hasn't set up such a reward fund himself?? Neither have any of her friends. Because they KNOW who killed her.

I do not recall hearing of the release of Nancy's body by the ME either. With all the media attention one would think it would have been mentioned somewhere but...

See charlie:

That's just it! They would NOT release Nancy to the parents, they were NOT next of kin. Brad was.

:confused:
fran

Well , that certainly adds to her mystique - short and sweet, right to the point.

Wow, you weren't kidding. It is interesting that all other affidavits taken in that time frame were served via fax and this was filed via USPS 8/5. I understand that the need to fax right now is kind of moot, since the hearing isn't until October, but very interesting indeed.

Interesting subject Fran, I imagine the family either had access to NC's remains because, as in the custody case, they "could". They seem to be able to accomplish some amazing things. Kudos to them.
OR, the other scenario would be that BC's attorney urged him to be cooperative, it would help with his media perception.
Chances are they split the remains, which is not uncommon.

AS for the children, since there was no casket, it seems like it was okay. I don't know how much the children actually take in (at their age) and to what level.
I imagine in later years, they may be grateful that they got to "say goodbye".

I believe that IF they had split the remains, THAT would have been revealed. I don't think that's the case. Perhaps Brad can answer that for us. You know, ANOTHER affidavit! ;)

At the time my mom passed, two of my little ones were 9 mos and 2yo. Although my 2 yo could sit down and have a conversation with you, full sentences and thought patterns, to this day, she does not remember attending that service. So the younger daughter will NOT remember any of it. The 4 yo, MAYBE. But, I highly doubt it. To her, it just was.

JMHO
fran

I'll conceed this, but remind you there is a news link in the links thread that references LE removing Nancy's purse from her car. So we do know the purse was in the car without a doubt.

The "there" - ask yourself - if it was in the house - did Brad just ignore it when it rang? Possibly so but also possible it was not in the house but in the purse which I think is where most ladies keep their cell phones when not using them. We do know from JA's affidavit she tried to call Nancy and got no answer. Not that we can conclude where it was - but it ceratinly opens the door to more questions.

The purse was however, in the car, in the driveway.

Not arguing, just trying to clear up what exactly JA said in the 911 call. Someone who pondered how JA would have known to tell dispatch that NC's purse was in her car. That's why I re-checked the 911 tape. The truth is JA didn't say that in that call.

Hi Wyn,

I talked to my news buddy today and got a feeling there will be a small story tonight.....:)

I guess if I had slowed down a bit and checked out the occupants I would have recognized one of them, wouldn't I? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl