Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, here's my thoughts about Lifetime Fitness trip:

1) If he didn't murder Nancy, he's out looking around her normal running routes and is very close to LTF, he, on a whim, decides to stop in there to see if they have seen her.

2) If he did murder Nancy, he could've been driving around like he said "looking" for her, spots LTF and decides it would be a good place that he could be seen looking for her (on camera, person to person, just so someone could actually verify he was out looking).

I don't think he went there to check her in to make it appear she was there. I would imagine that there would be too much activity in LTF for him to be putting evidence in lockers. I would also think that attempting to dump any evidence in a dumpster at that time of day would be too visible.

I've never been to LTF so I can't attest to how crowded it would be on a Saturday afternoon. I do know that the gym I belong to has a pretty steady stream of people on Saturdays.

Okay - 3 minutes at a slow pace.

When you came out - you went left on HS RD to Lily Atkins - right up to Lochmere Drive by the swim/tennis club. Do you recall about how long that took ?

And where you encountered vehicular traffic were some colored cars easier to see at distance than others given the lighting at that time if you recall ?

the trip to the swim/tennis club, once i turned onto holly springs road, just under 2 minutes.
i can't really answer that second question about the cars b/c part of my job is recognizing things such as vehicles, people, my surroundings!! now, having said that and sitting here thinking back to that time of morning, i have to believe i would notice, say, a red car right away whereas a white car might be less noticeable at that time of day. but i would be hyper aware on holly springs road if i was on foot on that road in that area.

1) If he didn't murder Nancy, he's out looking around her normal running routes and is very close to LTF, he, on a whim, decides to stop in there to see if they have seen her.

2) If he did murder Nancy, he could've been driving around like he said "looking" for her, spots LTF and decides it would be a good place that he could be seen looking for her (on camera, person to person, just so someone could actually verify he was out looking).

I don't think he went there to check her in to make it appear she was there. I would imagine that there would be too much activity in LTF for him to be putting evidence in lockers. I would also think that attempting to dump any evidence in a dumpster at that time of day would be too visible.

I've never been to LTF so I can't attest to how crowded it would be on a Saturday afternoon. I do know that the gym I belong to has a pretty steady stream of people on Saturdays.

LTF has a "run club" that meets at 8am on saturdays. there has been no mention whatsoever about NC being in that club and i'm sure if she was, we would have heard that from BC, or one of her running buddies.

the trip to the swim/tennis club, once i turned onto holly springs road, just under 2 minutes.
i can't really answer that second question about the cars b/c part of my job is recognizing things such as vehicles, people, my surroundings!! now, having said that and sitting here thinking back to that time of morning, i have to believe i would notice, say, a red car right away whereas a white car might be less noticeable at that time of day. but i would be hyper aware on holly springs road if i was on foot on that road in that area.

I am very glad you notice things ! Its great - very helpful. I'm wondering about color because, well obviously, we have a white car and a silver SUV to study on. I think either white of silver would not be as noticable as other colors as well.

So we now have (putting these on the map you linked)

3 minutes to the recovery site from HS RD/Fielding
2 minutes from HS RD/Fielding to Lily Atkins/Lochmere Drive

You may have to help here a bit but you said you drove from Walsburg Court to Cary Parkway to HS Rd.

So of course the next question is if you know about how long it may have taken from Walsburg Court to the turn off on Fielding ?

LTF has a "run club" that meets at 8am on saturdays. there has been no mention whatsoever about NC being in that club and i'm sure if she was, we would have heard that from BC, or one of her running buddies.

Interesting. I agree that BC would've certainly mentioned that if she was in that club. I'm not sure JA would have in her affidavit as her portion regarding Saturday morning was focused on what BC told her. I'm sure if she was involved w/ the run club, JA would've mentioned it to LE though.

Drive around for 2.5 hours in a few parking lots?

He went to LTF for a purpose and 1 thing in mind.

I am very glad you notice things ! Its great - very helpful. I'm wondering about color because, well obviously, we have a white car and a silver SUV to study on. I think either white of silver would not be as noticable as other colors as well.

So we now have (putting these on the map you linked)

You may have to help here a bit but you said you drove from Walsburg Court to Cary Parkway to HS Rd.

So of course the next question is if you know about how long it may have taken from Walsburg Court to the turn off on Fielding ?

from wallsburg to the turn onto fielding, i'm thinking 4 minutes. and, you're right - the white and silver would likely be less noticeable.

from wallsburg to the turn onto fielding, i'm thinking 4 minutes. and, you're right - the white and silver would likely be less noticeable.

You see right where I'm going with this I know you do.

From your description you turn off Tyron Road then mention driving down Lochmere - now I'm kind of lost as to what your route is but note the time as 6:45. Did you happen to come down Kildare Farm Road to Lochmere or ? help:cool:

You see right where I'm going with this I know you do.

From your description you turn off Tyron Road then mention driving down Lochmere - now I'm kind of lost as to what your route is but note the time as 6:45. Did you happen to come down Kildare Farm Road to Lochmere or ? help:cool:

kildaire farm to lochmere it was!!

Drive around for 2.5 hours in a few parking lots?

He went to LTF for a purpose and 1 thing in mind.

If he did kill Nancy, I can buy that he was driving around 2.5 hours trying to buy time and decide his gameplan. How many people are at LTF on a Saturday between 1-3pm? I really do think too many people would "see" him if he was
trying to dispose of evidence. And, trying to check Nancy in then would be a moot point b/c she's already missing (at a minimum, JA and Hannah Prichard have talked to him). He can't back up the check-in time.

Zoe, accounting for the stoplight at Cary Pkwy/Lochmere Dr., and the one at Cary Pkwy./Holly Springs Road, but your 4 min. is a good guess.

kildaire farm to lochmere it was!!

Okay - you rock !!!

So you had to have passed HT - turned left onto Lochmere and buzzed across Lochmere to catch Walsburg - yes ?

and of course - any idea about the time from Kildaire/tyron to Lochmere/Lily Atkins

and Lily Atkins to Walsburg ?

or total time Kildaire to Lochmere to Walsburg?

Snipped for length.

Yup, but Women's intuition is not limited to women!

I have had 2x instances where someone close to me died, and I knew it before I was told. Once, I am pretty sure I knew it before it happened, but since I am not sure exactly what the TOD was, I cannot know for sure.

Once, my wife was in a car accident, and I knew it when it happened, and knew it was her. I was on a volunteer EMS unit at the time, and I was on-call that Sunday. As soon as the pagers went off, I knew it was her. My logical side kept telling me she should have driven past that point, but I knew it nevertheless. I had to go to the scene of the accident and treat her. The accident was not her fault, it was very serious, and totalled the car, but she was not severly injured.

CyberPro

If he did kill Nancy, I can buy that he was driving around 2.5 hours trying to buy time and decide his gameplan. How many people are at LTF on a Saturday between 1-3pm? I really do think too many people would "see" him if he was
trying to dispose of evidence. And, trying to check Nancy in then would be a moot point b/c she's already missing (at a minimum, JA and Hannah Prichard have talked to him). He can't back up the check-in time.

Other reasons for going to LTF then to dispose of evidence...eed the kids, put them into the child care, use the computer.

He went to Carey's last. He never went to Java Jive....where she is to go all the time and he used as a possible place she was that morning. He had to drive right past it to leave Lochmere.

IMO, he left with a mission and it was to get to LTF for his alibi.

Okay - you rock !!!

So you had to have passed HT - turned left onto Lochmere and buzzed across Lochmere to catch Walsburg - yes ?

and of course - any idea about the time from Kildaire/tyron to Lochmere/Lily Atkins

and Lily Atkins to Walsburg ?

or total time Kildaire to Lochmere to Walsburg?

once you turn off kildaire farm road onto lochmere, i'm guessing at this point it's about a 5, maybe 6 minute drive to wallsburg. again, i was driving rather slow looking around at houses and glancing down other roads i was passing.

LTF is a BUSY place almost every day. Sundays seem to be a bit less busy, but I am somewhat crowd-averse, so I usually go later than 10PM. I do sometimes take the kids there during the afternoon or evening, but I do not care to work-out when it is really hopping. It is busy from morning until around 10PM, and even after that, there are around 20 folks in there, roughly counting. This place is so huge that only having 20 in there feels like having your own private club.

CyberPro

once you turn off kildaire farm road onto lochmere, i'm guessing at this point it's about a 5, maybe 6 minute drive to wallsburg. again, i was driving rather slow looking around at houses and glancing down other roads i was passing.

This is great so from Kildaire/Lochmere to Walsburg is 6 minutes - slow is good - means it could be done quicker. From looking at the map - seems that Lochmere/Lily Atkins is about mid way between Kildaire/Lochmere to Wlasburg - does that seem reasonable - 3 minutes either way from Lochmere/Lily Atkins ?

So now we have:
4 minutes from Walsburg Court to HS Rd/Fielding
3 minutes from recovery site to HS RD/ Fielding
3 minutes from Lily Atkins/Lochmere to Lochmere/Kildaire (or 3 mins to Walsburg)

Roughly - based on driving slow and looking at houses.

Any idea how long it would take to get from Lochmere to HT driving up Kildaire ?

Snipped for length.

Yup, but Women's intuition is not limited to women!

I have had 2x instances where someone close to me died, and I knew it before I was told. Once, I am pretty sure I knew it before it happened, but since I am not sure exactly what the TOD was, I cannot know for sure.

Once, my wife was in a car accident, and I knew it when it happened, and knew it was her. I was on a volunteer EMS unit at the time, and I was on-call that Sunday. As soon as the pagers went off, I knew it was her. My logical side kept telling me she should have driven past that point, but I knew it nevertheless. I had to go to the scene of the accident and treat her. The accident was not her fault, it was very serious, and totalled the car, but she was not severly injured.

CyberPro

I call it sixth sense and sometimes I wish I didn't have it. It has sometimes ruined a day for me when I can't shake a feeling I have. I guess we all have it and some are more in tune to it than others, male or female.

This is great so from Kildaire/Lochmere to Walsburg is 6 minutes - slow is good - means it could be done quicker. From looking at the map - seems that Lochmere/Lily Atkins is about mid way between Kildaire/Lochmere to Wlasburg - does that seem reasonable - 3 minutes either way from Lochmere/Lily Atkins ?

So now we have:
4 minutes from Walsburg Court to HS Rd/Fielding
3 minutes from recovery site to HS RD/ Fielding
3 minutes from Lily Atkins/Lochmere to Lochmere/Kildaire (or 3 mins to Walsburg)

Roughly - based on driving slow and looking at houses.

Any idea how long it would take to get from Lochmere to HT driving up Kildaire ?

according to google, wallsburg to crescent commons [ht], it's about 8 minutes -- but you've got a couple of lights to deal with.

g'night, all. i have an early start tomorrow. perhaps LE will make an arrest this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catluva247