Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...believe it or not, I don't have an opinion about the rock.:crazy: Like you said, it's an observation and because of this and your other contributions, I still think you're a great sleuther!:dance:

thanks jilly, i was waiting for the 19 other posters to weigh in on the rock:beagle:

(boulder, pebble, dust speck, dried apple, moth carcass) hahaha

i think it could be a bed frame. it could have come from either brad's bed or nancy's.

brad hadn't had sex w/ nancy for 2 yrs. i'm sure he harbored resentment about that, especially if he felt like she was spending his money.
he may have felt that she owed it to him.

he may have felt like he owned her.

we may find out that nancy was sexually assaulted by brad.

it could have happened on his bed, her bed or at the construction site.

we don't know whether she was still alive when she reached the pond site.
he may have attacked her there.

we just don't know.

and that is the point about the rock.
we don't know.
it may mean something. it may mean nothing.

You bring up another point that I have considered. I thought it might be possible that they drove around to talk it out, ending up parked at the pond site.

The problem with that is that it would be hard for a mother to willingly leave her children asleep by themselves at home. Just doesn't seem to fly...but who knows, something may have happened that caused her to change her mind (although I can't imagine what).

Based upon the enlargements and contrast done by Saint, I stated in a previous post that I was 99% sure that the long object in the bag was a bed frame.

I am amazed that no one has commented on that.

CP, to me it looks like a window valance.

You bring up another point that I have considered. I thought it might be possible that they drove around to talk it out, ending up parked at the pond site.

The problem with that is that it would be hard for a mother to willingly leave her children asleep by themselves at home. Just doesn't seem to fly...but who knows, something may have happened that caused her to change her mind (although I can't imagine what).

what if he had a gun or knife held on her? maybe she didn't go out there willingly.

Saint,

that is the kind with the hooks on it. That will only work if the headboard has pins inserted into the post for the hooks to grab onto. It would also only work for a wooden headboard, not a metal headboard.

I will see if I can dig up a picture of one that I am talking about.

This one is similar, but does not have slots. http://www.totalbedroom.com/images/products/bed-frame-twin.jpg

http://tallpaulstallmall.com/extra-long-metal-bed-frame.html

CyberPro

thanks jilly, i was waiting for the 19 other posters to weigh in on the rock:beagle:

With all due respect Saint, you posted a picture with an arrow pointing to a rock and asked for people to notice it (and comment on it). It didn't look either large or significant to the case to me. Other people are not agreeing with your assertion that it is either large or might be something related to the case and now you don't want people to comment on the very thing you posted? :confused:

With all due respect Saint, you posted a picture with a green arrow pointing to a rock and asked for people to notice it (and comment on it). It didn't look either large or significant to the case to me. Other people are not agreeing with your assertion that it is either large or might be something related to the case and now you don't want people to comment on the very thing you posted? :confused:

Okay I will weigh in on the rock: like Jilly, I have absolutely no opinion. :)

This looks like a great opportunity to agree to disagree!

the shape in the tall bag does fit the size and shape of a paddaded valance/cornice.

the coopers have shades in the front and a lot of people have valances that cover the rollershade

I just look at how he is holding that thing, and he just doesn't have much of a grip on it at all. Doesn't look like it's very heavy. And I realize he's a big guy.

The good news is that we will find out on 9/2 what that thing is!

if it were the bedframe it looks like it would have to be the foot or head portion as the side rail would be much longer

Don't know about the subpeona part, but it sure is interesting that he was quoted in this report. I'll give ya that one! :)

Hartzell is the Executive Director at Interact. Part of his job is to do press interviews and awareness. So, if anyone was seriously wondering about him talking (hey, there may have been a few), I'm sure he was glad to get the word out.

I'm really glad AL is smart enough to know domestic violence when she sees it and not be afraid of saying so.

AL is one smart cookie, IMHO. She's been around the crime block and knows a LOT of stuff. Of course the media/reporters can only talk about things they learn 'on the record.' But they get lots of info from lots of places!

Hartzell is the Executive Director at Interact. Part of his job is to do press interviews and awareness. So, if anyone was seriously wondering about him talking (hey, there may have been a few), I'm sure he was glad to get the word out.

I'm really glad AL is smart enough to know domestic violence when she sees it and not be afraid of saying so.

:clap:

I couldn't agree more!

I just look at how he is holding that thing, and he just doesn't have much of a grip on it at all. Doesn't look like it's very heavy. And I realize he's a big guy.

Yeah, this looks very light or at least easy to balance on a shoulder. Bed frame or valance? Frankly, I am having a hard time seeing either one. Of course, I had a hard time recognizing the videoographer in one photo was also reflected in the mirror of the foyer buffet.

I'll keep studying the picture, though. At this time I cannot think what it could be except one of the two suggestions given so far.

I'm with custom upholstered window cornice, the slot being part of how the cornice would have been attached to the little metal parts that anchor to the wall. There could also be a comforter in that long bag. Truth is, we don't know what it is!

I don't feel they would have taken a ride in the car to discuss things. Leaving two little children at home alone is one reason. If they had gotten up and could not find mommy or daddy, they might have started crying, screaming, or even tried to get outside to find them. (Speaking from parenting experience for over 28 years!).

Thanks Saint, for enlarging that photo. I knew it was old. I thought I had seen a long axe, but it was a metal squareing device. Anyway, there are plenty of "potential" murder devices in there, as does most anyone's garage. That handle you labeled looks like a broom or mop, not a shovel.

What kind of little car is that in there? From where the sofa is, they must not have used that car much. If it was 2004, like someone said, Nancy could have been pregnant with Bella, or around that time. Not that it makes any difference. Just a navel lint observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatWal