Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i had to lauigh at my local news today. not that this situation is funny but the news anchor said the hubby isn't a POI then in a softer voice as though she was saying it to her partner...at least not yet he isn't.

Hi Cyber Pro!
Thanks for that insight.
If Brad is involved I don't think it has anything to do with money either.
Maybe not wanting to fail at his marriage...???
My guess is failure for him would be devestating.

Calidreamin, Cisco is an international networking co.- computers and such (my recollection)

Sweetyhide, I do stand by my thought that is was not financial stress, but OTOH, whatever assets he has would be divided about in half in the event of a divorce. Child Support and likely alimony would be on top of this. Cisco has been a pretty successful company, and I believe has some profit sharing, stock options/401k. So, let's just hypothetically say that their house was worth about $350K, and let's say he makes $150k and has a 401K of 200k. the actual values do not matter much at this point, but we can use those for argument's sake.

He would wind up with some personal property/effects which were gifts during the marrage, and any property that he brought into the marriage, but anything that was joint would be divided in half. His retirement plan would be attached, and he would get about 1/2 value of that. The home would either be sold and he would get half, or he might grant her that as part of settlement in exchange for other assets. On top of that, he would likely have to pay alimony and most assuredly child support. Any way you slice it, he is going to take a substantial financial hit. People have been killed for a lot less money in the past.

CyberPro

Hello Close !

You know that party Nancy went to Friday night - she may have found out some things and decided to confront him with those things that night. It's possible. He was supposedly seen at the store buying stuff before the time he said she went for her run. I have a bad feeling...

yes, it's certainly possible, RC.....i also think Kellis is right about this 'confrontation' brewing...i'd say Nancy & Brad had been arguing a lot, since she was trying to get out of the marriage, & apparently he wouldn't leave the house....it's possible they were arguing prior to her leaving for the party, bless her heart:(
...things just got to a boiling point that night/early morning, imo.....

& lucky....i was thinking about that last night, (footprints/tire prints) while watching the helicopter view....

I'm pretty sure I saw Brads father listed as a vise-president at what, a school/college? on one of the links posted here. Do I remember correctly it was the school where Brad got his masters?

Brad's dad is affiliated with a college in his Canadian hometown and according to the links from last night, Brad got his master's at NC State.

Coolmomof4: If you stick "Wallsburg Court" into Google Maps, you'll see that they lived right off the Parkway and not only will "street view" let you cruise their street, but if I'm not mistaken, it'll let you "drive" almost to where the body was discovered.

Hi Cyber Pro!
Thanks for that insight.
If Brad is involved I don't think it has anything to do with money either.
Maybe not wanting to fail at his marriage...???
My guess is failure for him would be devestating.

Calidreamin, Cisco is an international networking co.- computers and such (my recollection)

Hi Sweetyhide,

Looking at the money aspect, and if Brad is involved, maybe it isn't about the lack of money they have now, but about the amount he would have to pay for alimony and child support if Nancy wanted a divorce. Brad might be angry if he had to share his money he worked so hard to get with someone that didn't want to be with him anymore. After all, it was said that he refused to leave the house when she asked him to. Sounds to me like Brad wasn't about to give up anything that he felt he earned and paid for to Nancy.

yes, it's certainly possible, RC.....i also think Kellis is right about this 'confrontation' brewing...i'd say Nancy & Brad had been arguing a lot, since she was trying to get out of the marriage, & apparently he wouldn't leave the house....it's possible they were arguing prior to her leaving for the party, bless her heart:(
...things just got to a boiling point that night/early morning, imo.....

& lucky....i was thinking about that last night, (footprints/tire prints) while watching the helicopter view....
I think it makes a lot of sense that this could very well have been what happend. If she had already told him she wanted a divorce and he wouldn't leave the house it had to be a very stressful living enviorment. I could easily see how things would come to a boiling point.

Hi Sweetyhide,

Looking at the money aspect, and if Brad is involved, maybe it isn't about the lack of money they have now, but about the amount he would have to pay for alimony and child support if Nancy wanted a divorce. Brad might be angry if he had to share his money he worked so hard to get with someone that didn't want to be with him anymore. After all, it was said that he refused to leave the house when she asked him to. Sounds to me like Brad wasn't about to give up anything that he felt he earned and paid for to Nancy.

It sounds to me more like he didn't want to be with her anymore - if the info about the many affairs are true. Course having an affair and actually ending your marriage are not necessarily what every cheating husband wants to do.

I think it makes a lot of sense that this could very well have been what happend. If she had already told him she wanted a divorce and he wouldn't leave the house it had to be a very stressful living enviorment. I could easily see how things would come to a boiling point.

And divorce lawyers tell their clients not to leave the home. Maybe attorneys should rethink how divorces are handled in this country. Seems like alot of this is happening all over!

However, I also find it hard to believe the rumor about the detergent with bleach. It seems unlikely that a teenage store employee would be randomly invited into the police viewing of the security tapes, and then allowed to go out and discuss that evidence with whomever they choose. Extremely questionable police work if this really happened, and all else points to LE being very cautious and responsible about letting information out on this case.

Raeann,

The teenager that worked at the store I believe is actually the son or daughter of mom3kids who is also on here. I also think that police have viewed the tape but are not commenting on what they found. :blowkiss:

Hi Sweetyhide,

I don't think he was about to give up anything for Nancy either. I am sure the thought of losing the house and all of the support he would have to pay wasn't looking very good to him.

I wonder if Nancy's friend had not called the police just how long would Brad have gone before he finally called. I would think he couldn't keep pushing it because sooner or later someone would come looking for her.

exactly!!!....when WAS he going to call her in as "missing"????...from what i've read, it sounds like HE was the one that told the friend that Nancy had no ID, no keys, no medication, no money, etc...like maybe he told her Nancy's purse was in her car:confused:
....maybe he simply wasn't concerned at that point, & the friend just took it upon herself to call LE, out of worry....

Sheesh, I just read my post and even "I" can't understand what I what asking, if you'll forgive me! I was just so excited to get validated:)

Cyberpro, sounds like were were both waiting to get to post here! That was very interesting, thank you.

Hello All, I believe I was here last year reading only, when Jessie Davis disappeared (Bobby Cutts?) So this time I registered. I've been wanting to reply so many times, but it took awhile to get approved/validated. Here are some random thoughts I've acquired as I've read these pages.

First, I don't watch Nancy Grace, but when I do want to, I don't know what time or even what station, so if someone could help me with that?

I remember Jessie's son was able to tell what happened to his mom and he was quite young. Wonder what their girls are saying? And I wonder where he is staying???/what Cisco is thinking. They have probably sunk a LOT of $$$ into this guy. Maybe even paid for his masters.

I was thinking, that if he is a runner, he must run the area too. Who knows where they go, but does anyone think he could have found the new housing development and remembered it was a secluded site while he was jogging?

I'm pretty sure I saw Brads father listed as a vise-president at what, a school/college? on one of the links posted here. Do I remember correctly it was the school where Brad got his masters?

Did anyone figure out if he was the person on the website listed where he is a motivational speaker/ and has books for sale? There were pictures that looked like him. ok, now I can't remember what else I wanted to comment on...

Welcome Headndownstream !

Nancy Grace - in my area her show comes on on CNN Headline News channel at 7 pm - Central time. Maybe this will help.

Brad's father is referenced in the link in posts above from Medicine Hat, Alberta Canada. Brad could very well do some running, he likes to compete in the iron man competitions which do require running, cycling and swiming. You can check out his efforts here:

http://adventuresofbrad.com/joomla/index.php

Some interesting things on this site but I must admit I haven't checked it all and don't really think there is reference to being a motivational speaker at this website.

Glad you decided to post !

Where is Medicine Hat??? Previous articles said he (Brad)was from Canada also. Where does his family live? Is his mother still living- and what kind of relationship does he have with her?? I think there are some dys- in the function of his family or maybe I am naive- but if your child murders their spouse, are you completely shocked that they could do something like this? Or...is there something in the back of your mind that makes you realize they are capable of this kind of heinous act?

I'm guessing that would depend on the child.

Raeann, The teenager that worked at the store I believe is actually the son or daughter of mom3kids who is also on here. I also think that police have viewed the tape but are not commenting on what they found. :blowkiss:

If I remember mom3kids' original post correctly, the cops knew what time he allegedly made the purchase and asked for that particular piece of video. If that's the case and if my memory is correct, then I have to guess they either found the receipt or he paid with plastic, neither of which would be very smart if you're trying to cover your tracks.

And divorce lawyers tell their clients not to leave the home. Maybe attorneys should rethink how divorces are handled in this country. Seems like alot of this is happening all over!

I couldn't agree with you more stillblv!:clap:

If I remember mom3kids' original post correctly, the cops knew what time he allegedly made the purchase and asked for that particular piece of video. If that's the case and if my memory is correct, then I have to guess they either found the receipt or he paid with plastic, neither of which would be very smart if you're trying to cover your tracks.

I know that has to be the dumbest move ever if that is the case. Plus most stores are taped so there is a good chance they would have him buying bleech on video.

Brad's dad is affiliated with a college in his Canadian hometown and according to the links from last night, Brad got his master's at NC State.

Coolmomof4: If you stick "Wallsburg Court" into Google Maps, you'll see that they lived right off the Parkway and not only will "street view" let you cruise their street, but if I'm not mistaken, it'll let you "drive" almost to where the body was discovered.

Thanks. The maps I was seeing online had her house pegged close to Holly Springs Rd near Lilly Atkins. I saw another map this morning where the house is closer to the parkway. I assumed she lived closer to the other area (Lilly Atkins) because it looks like the area she was found was much closer to that area of Lochmere.

It sounds to me more like he didn't want to be with her anymore - if the info about the many affairs are true. Course having an affair and actually ending your marriage are not necessarily what every cheating husband wants to do.

I think he may have liked having the outward apparence of a wife, nice home, two kids, especially if Nancy was the one that took care of everything. He may have felt that he could have fun with his affairs and she should just accept it since he provided everything for her.

She could stay with him and get over the affairs or she could leave because he wasn't leaving his home and she was getting nothing else from him.

This is all my opinion of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member