Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely understand your thoughts. Eve Carson's case is/was not handled by Wake County DA Colon Willoughby. That's a whole other county.

I'm not sure that I understand the references to Eve Carson, but that's a whole other story and maybe another thread. I'm just glad to hear that Colon Willoughby is still the DA.

He really cleaned the DA's office up, back when he first started and unless he's lost his touch in the past few years, he runs a very clean, efficient office that should be beyond reproach.

I'm not sure that I understand the references to Eve Carson, but that's a whole other story and maybe another thread. I'm just glad to hear that Colon Willoughby is still the DA.

He really cleaned the DA's office up, back when he first started and unless he's lost his touch in the past few years, he runs a very clean, efficient office that should be beyond reproach.

Yes he is still the DA and still very active in the Wake County community. He does still run an efficient office as far as I know.

I was pointing out that Wake County courts wouldn't want to have another blemish if BC did do something if he were out when they already had enough evidence to arrest (my reference to Eve Carson was to show the County received lots of bad press b/c of letting this guy (Atwater) go free that day).

I don't know very much about Holly Springs Road or the Swift Creek area of Cary so I can't give an opinion about where would be a place to dump or not.

The bottom to which I referred is only about a quarter mile or so, down the hill from Fielding Dr., but in a direction that Brad would probably never go. But, between his kid's preschool and the Adams, a route that he's probably taken, there's a driveway-like access to a television tower surrounded by woods; I assume that he probably takes Davis Dr. to RTP and there's still quite a bit of virginal land along those routes. I think he wanted to get her out of the trunk, ASAP and he might've known about that cul-de-sac (possibly from looking for a quiet, nearby place to talk with his girlfriend) and once he came up with the jogging scenario, it simply met his needs.

ETA: You'd think that if the murder had been planned, a techie like Brad would've used Google Earth to find places to scout, where he could quickly get in and out, while leaving the body where it'd not soon be found.

I think LE wants Cooper out there making mistakes. They release a little bit of information, i.e. the 911 tapes, people start talking and suspecting, Cooper starts questioning himself and his hastily conceived cover-up plan and makes moves to "fix" it. Look at Scott Peterson and his trips to the marina, all carefully observed by LE. Unlike Atwater in the Eve Carson case, Cooper is being very carefully watched. There's no way he's going to hurt anyone else now. Leave him out there and give him enough rope to hang himself.

The bottom to which I referred is only about a quarter mile or so, down the hill from Fielding Dr., but in a direction that Brad would probably never go. But, between his kid's preschool and the Adams, a route that he's probably taken, there's a driveway-like access to a television tower surrounded by woods; I assume that he probably takes Davis Dr. to RTP and there's still quite a bit of virginal land along that route. I think he wanted to get her out of the trunk, ASAP and he might've known about that cul-de-sac (possibly from looking for a quiet, nearby place to talk with his girlfriend) and once he came up with the jogging scenario, it simply met his needs.

ETA: You'd think that if the murder had been planned, a techie like Brad would've used Google Earth to find places to scout, where he could quickly get in and out, while leaving the body where it'd not soon be found.

Well I for one willbe very excited to learn what was siezed from the house and if anything was taken from Cisco. We might have some more answers after Mid August.

Well I for one willbe very excited to learn what was siezed from the house and if anything was taken from Cisco. We might have some more answers after Mid August.

I assume that the vacuum-looking thing was what he would've used to clean the car (in the garage). I mostly wonder whether he was bright enough to change the bag and if he was, since I'm sure Harris-Teeter and Walmart both lock their dumpsters, but what other unlocked dumpsters might be behind that plaza and did law enforcement search the contents, before this was classified as a homicide?

I was pointing out that Wake County courts wouldn't want to have another blemish if BC did do something if he were out when they already had enough evidence to arrest (my reference to Eve Carson was to show the County received lots of bad press b/c of letting this guy (Atwater) go free that day).

I agree as well. I have to believe that if they had evidence that he did this he would have been arrested. I don't think at this time they have anything to arrest him with yet and that is why they have not done so. It chills me to hear many on here speak with Brad's name as if they all ready know he did it. It's not that I don't think he did or didn't do it. It's that people with really no public hard evidence all ready have him as the killer. Most people who keep their mind open with even the slight doubt would say the killer did this or the killer did that. Many on here say Brad did this and Brad did that. There is a reason they haven't made an arrest and I believe A) they have no evidence yet, or B) the have something and its not pointing to the husband. I cant imagine they would have what people say or think they have on the husband and not arrest him. Again not saying it's not him I just don't think they have a positive link to him and the crime yet or they have something not pointing to him.

All the dirt roads around Swift Creek and Holly Springs Roads have been paved. There is very little farm land left with little or no tractor paths to drive down to a pond etc. Even the road to the old land fill has new houses. He would have had to be a long time local or hunter to know of many of the out of the way places that would have benefitted him. The land on Holly Springs Road near there that has been timbered and looks very swampy has cables up across all entrances. The surrounding trees are so close you could not get an ATV between them from the road.

He would have had to be a long time local or hunter to know of many of the out of the way places that would have benefitted him.

...or he could've looked at the satellite view on Google Maps.

Speculation about the passports......

Is it possible NC could have used her father's connections to obtain new passports?

BC withheld passports as a power play to keep her from leaving.
The passports were found in NCs car.
NCs father is retired senior government official
NC just returned from meeting with family in HH Island

Is it possible her father was able to obtain duplicate/new passports. If so, NC could now leave.

Maybe BC found out he had lost his power play.......

Nancy's father worked for the Alberta provincial government and I believe the girls would have had American passports. i.e. nothing he could have done. When both parents have custody of children both have to sign anyway.

I just checked the google sat. view of the area. I compared the dumping site to the corner of Kildair Farm Rd. and Ten Ten Road. Those roads have been cut off of Fielding Road a long time. The Sat. map doesn't show any of the contruction that has cropped up where the Dairy Farm was over the last year. It looks like it was still in the grading phase.

Nancy's father worked for the Alberta provincial government and I believe the girls would have had American passports. i.e. nothing he could have done. When both parents have custody of children both have to sign anyway.

Wasn't sure about the nationality of the passports. Both parents are Canadian/ Could very well be Canadian passports and Canadian strings pulled. It's a stretch, but I thought it worth pondering. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member