Nancy Garrido

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday someone pointed out that a link I used was from the UK's Guardian, a site that "doesn't always get things right" or embellishes.

My opinion of the NE and the Globe are that they are among the lowest of low tabloids. Of course, that is from years ago.

Has their reporting changed? Are they a more reliable source these days?

Just wondering before I put a lot of stock into those stories.

Thanks.

I do not believe Cheyvonne ever knew of any such connection between the Garridos and Jaycee's family. I think it was just another example of her trying to blame the victim, just like she has repeatedly tried to minimize the actual horror of this entire situation. Garrido has had ties to the Lake Tahoe area and Western Nevada going back many years, as evidenced by his prior assaults in the 1970s. That was clearly before Jaycee was born and even before her family lived in that area.

I remember watching a talk show video (Montel, maybe) from back in the 1990s and Carl Probyn was saying that they had only recently moved to that area from Orange County, ironically to provide a safer life for their family. So, they had not even been there that long prior to Jaycee being kidnapped, as opposed to Garrido who had been making Lake Tahoe his hangout for decades.
I agree totally, It's all speculation on Chevyonne's part to try to make herself look good. Garrido hung out in the Tahoe/Reno area at least as far back as the late 1970's, so her speculation as to why he was there when he kidnapped Jaycee is all a wild goose chase!

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...aw-phillip-garridos-mother-driving-kidnap-car

not sure when Patricia was noted to be driving the sedan by a neighbor... but check out the link

If her condition was serious, the doctor would have had to notify DMV and she would have had to pass written tests to continue to have a license to drive. While it's not a hard test, it's not easy, and if she had the ability to take and pass the written test, I would hope that she would also have the ability to figure out that there was a child being held captive in the back yard.

Of course, I'm assuming she maintained a vailid license, visited a doctor, and that the doctor would have reported her condition.

Wow. I wonder if Nancy Garrido was fired from her job for using drugs.

One thing is for sure - - at least it seems that Garrido and wife did not get Jaycee hooked on drugs, or use drugs to keep her compliant. So it would seem.

The NE said that Nancy was fired after they took a drug test.

I do not imagine drug addicts sharing their candy with anyone.
The only people I think they share with are people that can replace it next time.... But what do I know????
Last time I took a drug it was a Tylenol.

If her condition was serious, the doctor would have had to notify DMV and she would have had to pass written tests to continue to have a license to drive. While it's not a hard test, it's not easy, and if she had the ability to take and pass the written test, I would hope that she would also have the ability to figure out that there was a child being held captive in the back yard.

Of course, I'm assuming she maintained a vailid license, visited a doctor, and that the doctor would have reported her condition.

I do not seem to think that these people needed to do anything legally.
Just because she was sick and impaired to drive does not mean that she would not drive, or would take any test :rolleyes:
these people all did whatever they wanted to do.

I am not sure where i should have posted this but here goes............this morning i was checking out groups on a certain very popular site...........to see if there had been any groups created concerning this case..............wow..........i am appalled at what i found...........bashing a victim............who was kidnapped at 11 years old by a sicko and his real sick wife..........seems to me..........the creator and supporters should be in jail too!!!!!

I am not sure where i should have posted this but here goes............this morning i was checking out groups on a certain very popular site...........to see if there had been any groups created concerning this case..............wow..........i am appalled at what i found...........bashing a victim............who was kidnapped at 11 years old by a sicko and his real sick wife..........seems to me..........the creator and supporters should be in jail too!!!!!

I think you are talking about this:
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=j...4882927&ref=search&sid=39900383.1823975515..1

and i'm pretty sure its a joke....a very sick joke, but still a joke. One of the supporters of the group is named "Theodore Bundy."

ETA: I reported the group to facebook, so hopefully it is removed....

Thats the one Philliyum..............it never ceases to amaze me how some get such pleasure out of other peoples misery........i have to wonder how some of these ppl would feel if it were there own or someone they know!!!

Yesterday someone pointed out that a link I used was from the UK's Guardian, a site that "doesn't always get things right" or embellishes.

My opinion of the NE and the Globe are that they are among the lowest of low tabloids. Of course, that is from years ago.

Has their reporting changed? Are they a more reliable source these days?

Just wondering before I put a lot of stock into those stories.

Thanks.
The NE sometimes has things reported that I later find in the New York Times.
So I do read it; My brother on the other hand :) when he knows I am having guests
and he sees that paper he instantly hides it. Yes there are people opposed to it :)
NOT ME....and yes, the ratings have changed a lot....

So I do read it; My brother on the other hand :) when he knows I am having guests
and he sees that paper he instantly hides it. Yes there are people opposed to it :)

i agree, they sure as heck broke the John Edwards cheatin and new baby scandal! sometimes they are dead on and sometimes they talk about aliens...lol. deffo have to look for the goods...

I'd still be careful with it. Of course I don't believe that any news outlet is fully trustworthy but I'd still definitely take things with a grain of salt when it comes to them.

i agree, they sure as heck broke the John Edwards cheatin and new baby scandal! sometimes they are dead on and sometimes they talk about aliens...lol. deffo have to look for the goods...
They're a gossip rag and make no pretence about being utherwise but I really haven't seen them print much about alien abductions since I was about 15 - and that was a very long time ago!

My 2 cents.

They're a gossip rag and make no pretence about being utherwise but I really haven't seen them print much about alien abductions since I was about 15 - and that was a very long time ago!

My 2 cents.

ok, then big foot...lol. i'm just being sarcastic about the aliens and big foot, basically saying that yes, they print a lot of carp, but there are sometimes seeds of truth to their articles. i don't buy it, but i've seen some pretty outrageous stuff on the covers at the supermarket. that's why i was so surprised about the John Edwards thing that they nailed.

It seems pretty apparent that for awhile Nancy told people that the kids were all her's or the rapist's including Jaycee. The woman must not have been able to have any children, hopefully. After awhile, it seems from reports that some people couldn't tell whether Jaycee or Nancy was the wife..Probably due to the behavior of the abductor. Maybe Nancy was under some duress and mind control but she knew what she was doing when she abducted Jaycee.

I think you are talking about this:
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=j...4882927&ref=search&sid=39900383.1823975515..1

and i'm pretty sure its a joke....a very sick joke, but still a joke. One of the supporters of the group is named "Theodore Bundy."

ETA: I reported the group to facebook, so hopefully it is removed....

I wonder how long it usually takes for them to remove offensive material

also, can you tell me how to report? I don't see a report button on that page

never mind - I found the report button; now I'm just not sure which 'reason' to choose

There was a Report Group link on the lower left hand corner of the page. You have to pick a reason from the drop-down menu. I picked excessive violence of content.

Garrido's Twisted Path Led Often to God

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: September 12, 2009

<snipped>
"...Kielbauch's 1978 mental evaluation also said Garrido had become a ''very absorbed'' Jehovah's Witness practitioner. ''When he commits to a cause or purpose,'' the psychologist wrote, ''he tends to approach it with extreme zeal and diligence.''

''Prognosis for successful transition to the community is considered very good,'' Kielbauch wrote. ''The likelihood of further extralegal behaviors on Mr. Garrido's part is seen as minimal.''..."

So, Nancy was visiting Phillip in prison to teach him about the Jehovah's Witness religion. Now it makes more sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member