Nancy Grace 10/24/08

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would think that what is discussed between KC and the minister is privileged because esentially a minister is considered a counselor.

Unless she confesses (please Lord let that happen) then I don't think he will be required to tell anything of their conversations. However, if he relays messages to the A family then his 'privilege' is null and void.

CA did make a comment recently that they receive their information (pass messages) through JB rather than going to see KC or receiving phone calls from KC.

Bolded by me

Does that revoke the attorney/client privilege?

I always thought that anything that you confessed to your priest "WAS" privileged

I would really like to know now.........

But I am Baptist and we don't do confession. What religion are they? I thought only catholics did confession. What other religion do that?

One characteristic of a person who has NPD - they become "religious".
Well if they become religious, wouldn't they also come clean and tell the truth?
I would love that to happen!
But somehow I just can't see this ever happening with Casey.

Yeah, she can keep thinking that too. Right up to the point where they jail her for perjury for lying on the stand.
They could have done that one after the first bond hearing. She probably thinks they wouldn't dare because she is the grandmother who is grieving over her missing grandchild. She could pass out! :rolleyes:

If the intent was to pass on messages to the family, then the conversation would not be privileged.

A person has a privilege to refuse to disclose, and to prevent another from disclosing, a confidential communication by the person to a member of the clergy in his or her capacity as spiritual advisor. . . . A communication between a member of the clergy and a person is "confidential" if made privately for the purpose of seeking spiritual counsel and advice from the member of the clergy in the usual course of his or her practice or discipline and not intended for further disclosure except to other persons present in furtherance of the communication. Fla. Stat. � 90.505.
http://www.churchlawtoday.com/private/library/cltr/c0600331.htm

How would the jail know what the intent of the conversations were, and whether they could record them or not?

But I am Baptist and we don't do confession. What religion are they? I thought only catholics did confession. What other religion do that?
I thought it had been reported they were going to a Baptist church.

I only read through the documents once but I took this to mean that the decomp had not progressed any further than 2.6 days or it was consistent with decomp that had progressed 2.6 days so if Caylee died on the 16th then she would have been in the trunk no later than the 18th but I could be wrong.

she would have to had been placed in the car right after death...or was alive and then died ....for the 2.6 days of decomp....otherwise the decomp would have shown higher...meaning longer days .....of decomp material...in the trunk....does anyone know where the 11 days the LE has suggested she was in the car>> or if not LE who ever had reported that?

You can read up on it on the Drew P. threads. :) There is a distinction between a Priest and a Minister, I believe...(not positive on that one). A minister can break privilege such as in that case because Stacy didn't say she was the one to commit the crime, but was in fear of him because he admitted it to her. (I hope I am remembering this correctly or I could just be way, way off. :crazy:)

Thanks for the tip......

What your saying sounds right - He was trying to help Stacy not hurt her

I'm wondering if a person confesses to a murder to their priest or minister can LE subpoena them & force them to testify to what was confessed?

I can't see a Priest being thrown in Jail for refusing to reveal to LE what was confessed to him

I took it to mean that Caylee was decomposing "Inside" the trunk for at least 2.6 days

I think the decomposition process took place "IN" the trunk

This is only my interpretation of what was said

If you go to the forensic docs (I cannot get a cut and paste to work at the moment) they list specific chemicals that are present at very early stages of decomp. The body that was in the trunk, based on their preliminary test, were approximately 2.6 days into decomposing. The chart shows other chemicals that won't appear until later in decomp (ADD- accumulative degree days, which factor in the heat of the environment the body is in). If she had been in the yard for a week and then in the trunk there would be other chemicals present as well. If she died on the 16th, she was out of the trunk sometime on the 19th, based on these figures.

What I know about a priest is that no matter who it is, whatever was discussed between you and the priest stays there. Under no circumstances will that information be divulged and it is legal. No priest I ever knew would ever go to the jail for a privileged conversation with an inmate and carry the message to the family.

Not sure what the dif is between priest and minister. KC is Protestant.

Does that revoke the attorney/client privilege?
I think if the letters are sealed by Casey and remained sealed until they are delivered...they are not part of the privilege. So the answer would be no. (Not a Lawyer here tho...so not positive.)

But what about the Priest.....?

If KC gives the Priest a message to give to the A's can LE Subpoena the Priest & say "Tell us what she said"?

but the As are not Catholic

Not sure what the dif is between priest and minister. KC is Protestant.
Gosh, those Protestant Ministers are so liberal. LOL

Can you become a Priest of the Catholic Church from signing up on the internet? I think this could be the problem between the two. >wink<

I got this off the Orange County jail website:

The public doesn't have to wait in line or undergo searches in order to visit an inmate. Instead, citizens can call ahead and arrange for an appointment. When its time to visit, you simply show up at the Video Visitation Center on 39th Street across John Young Parkway from the Orange County Booking and Release Center.

Operating 13 hours per day, this system of visitation gives citizens the opportunity to easily visit loved ones and friends who are in jail. The Video Visitation Center is open seven-days a week from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. with the last visitation session starting at 9 p.m.

Attorneys and law enforcement officers who have a professional need to conduct an in-person, non-video visit, should contact the individual facility in which the inmate is incarcerated. For video visitation of Orange County Jail inmates, contact the Visitation Center at (407) 836-3400 at least one day in advance.

I am getting SOOOOOO DISGUSTED by these paid talking heads on TV. I lump Kobi in the same catagory as Baden, Henwy Wee, et al (that testified in the Spector case). They are reasonable until they are retained by a defense team. Then, all bets are off and they become mouthpieces for defense spin. Well, I believe All of the afore mentioned 'experts' have blown their credibility to the extent that they now have little left of esteemed career except their availability to speak on TV. Diane Dimond has an interesting article on her website re helicopter lawyers/commentators. Worth a read!

I think Wendy Murphy does also in her book...which is EXCELLENT!

The minute they smell decomposing money, they let loose the flying squirrels!

KC attends a Baptist Church-- or so she told her Case Manager.

What I know about a priest is that no matter who it is, whatever was discussed between you and the priest stays there. Under no circumstances will that information be divulged and it is legal. No priest I ever knew would ever go to the jail for a privileged conversation with an inmate and carry the message to the family.

Thats what I thought too...........There's a Post on this thread somwhere saying that it is "not" privileged.

Government & Religion = Oil & Water

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8
Back