Nancy Grace - 11/7/08 Friday

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We've heard/read two very long interviews with GA now and two with CA. Why does LE not ask about potential fights/discussions/conflicts that may have occured on or around the 15th??? They never ask about this!

ETA - Thanks for the links Patty. I've been waiting for those! :)

Maybe they have and those are parts they chose not to include in the interviews. As we have seen before, they have conversations which are not signed into an affidavit prior to that which they will touch on, but not go into during the actual recording of the affidavit.

I know because they supposedly didn't even know about Caylee yet. He must have had a clue to be thinking in that direction.

I wish LE had asked him why he would think that the smell was Caylee before he knew she was gone. I'm surprised they didn't say something to him right away during the interview where he first mentioned it. Out of all the people in the world why would he think the smell was his grandaughter when he picked it up at the tow yard. I would of been asking the tow people "hey what the heck did you do to my car!" since it was in their possession so long. It seems really bizarre that Caylee was the first thing to pop in his head if he had no reason to believe anything was wrong with her. That is even more telling than CA saying the "smells like a dead body" thing to 911. Something is not right.

I wish LE had asked him why he would think that the smell was Caylee before he knew she was gone. I'm surprised they didn't say something to him right away during the interview where he first mentioned it. Out of all the people in the world why would he think the smell was his grandaughter when he picked it up at the tow yard. I would of been asking the tow people "hey what the heck did you do to my car!" since it was in their possession so long. It seems really bizarre that Caylee was the first thing to pop in his head if he had no reason to believe anything was wrong with her. That is even more telling than CA saying the "smells like a dead body" thing to 911. Something is not right.

Why would he have no reason to believe anything was wrong with her? He hadn't seen or spoken to her in over a month, up until then he saw her every day. Were it me, I would be in constant worry mode, every time the phone rang I would be sick thinking something horrible had happened.
I was on a volunteer fire dept. One day I was home waiting on the bus, it was running a minute or so late, and my pager went off. It was an accident. I immediately freaked out so bad, I did not even go to the station and get the truck, I took off in my car because I was completely sure it was an accident involving the school bus. I passed the bus about 1/2 a mile away from the accident, and I almost had to pull over, I was so relieved.
Casey told them, and they apparently believed, she and Caylee were in Jacksonville. They find out the car is towed, the dates make the lie for J-ville, I am sure George was on alert before he ever got hit by the smell, and I believe he recognized it at first whiff. I'm not surprised he immediately thought the worst, what does surprise me is even after driving that car home with that horrible odor, he was perfectly capable of just going off to work like nothing was wrong.
Lanie

Extremely well said. It never occurred to me but you are dead on. Excuse the pun.

There were seeds planted that made them worried, like CA's heartbroken MySpace page in early July that something was terribly wrong. Terribly wrong.

It wasn't just that KC was withholding Caylee or even that someone had taken Caylee or that KC had given/sold Caylee.

This fear was already there... George had fears from the gas can incident, etc

Did LE ever ask CA what that blog was all about, why she wrote it, what happened to make her so upset? At the time of writting that blog didn't CA think KC was in Jacksonville and was texting her back and forth and everything was ok. Has she mentioned any major fights between them after the one on Fathers Day?
Sorry if I missed something, so much info and so many conflicting stories it's hard to keep track sometimes.

Why would he have no reason to believe anything was wrong with her? He hadn't seen or spoken to her in over a month, up until then he saw her every day. Were it me, I would be in constant worry mode, every time the phone rang I would be sick thinking something horrible had happened.
I was on a volunteer fire dept. One day I was home waiting on the bus, it was running a minute or so late, and my pager went off. It was an accident. I immediately freaked out so bad, I did not even go to the station and get the truck, I took off in my car because I was completely sure it was an accident involving the school bus. I passed the bus about 1/2 a mile away from the accident, and I almost had to pull over, I was so relieved.
Casey told them, and they apparently believed, she and Caylee were in Jacksonville. They find out the car is towed, the dates make the lie for J-ville, I am sure George was on alert before he ever got hit by the smell, and I believe he recognized it at first whiff. I'm not surprised he immediately thought the worst, what does surprise me is even after driving that car home with that horrible odor, he was perfectly capable of just going off to work like nothing was wrong.
Lanie

I almost forgot about that....so strange. There is so much more we don't know.

Maybe they have and those are parts they chose not to include in the interviews. As we have seen before, they have conversations which are not signed into an affidavit prior to that which they will touch on, but not go into during the actual recording of the affidavit.

YM said something interesting when he was explaining to George why they had to release so much to the press and public. He said something along the lines of what was being released being triggered by what came out in the bond hearing.

Miracle, are you around? Perhaps you could explain what that might have meant? I thought all discovery related only to the actual charge.

Is he saying that because the decomposition in the car was brought out at the bond hearing that anything relating to a murder or manslaughter charge would have to be released even though she wasn't charged with those charges until much later?

I think by that point LE didn't ask specifically why he would think that, because it was obvious to everyone in the room why he would think that. By that point it had become clear that there was alot more to the history and issues with KC then the current incident, and that it was a huge strain and concern on the A's. And as sick as it sounds, at that point he was afraid it was either Caylee or KC... and he was praying it wasn't Caylee.

:clap: Good for you!

Parents are supposed to teach their children.. they mold their little characters, they give them morals and manners and teach them right from wrong. We are supposed to help our kids develop guilt, parents are supposed to lead by example. Part of being a parent is teaching your children what kinds of behaviors are and are not accepted in society. Giving your children values and consequenses are just as important.

That stuff just does not seem to have happened in the A's home.. except for the leading by example part- Casey sure learned a lot from her mothers behaviors and of course added her own little techniques as time went on. Is Cindy responsible for what Casey did to Caylee? No- I don't think so but I do think Cindy had a hand in creating the monster that allegedly murdered her granddaughter.

Not disagreeing, but didn't Cindy also, by example, show Casey that a parent loves and protects their own child even in adversity? That a parent makes sacrifices for their child and never does them harm? There is no denying that Cindy was too lenient with Casey but she didn't force Casey to be cold and unfeeling toward her own daughter. Cindy didn't teach Casey to be a murderer.

GA mentions both Caylee and/or KC initially. He has not seen either one in over a month but it's been far longer since he's even spoken to Caylee. They get a notice saying the car had been stored after being found abandoned, and KC's things are strewn on the seat. IMO the only logical possibile conclusion for anyone to fear would naturally first be the owner, driver or occupant of that vehicle. 'Out of all the people in the world,' who ELSE would be dead in their trunk? JMO

Not disagreeing, but didn't Cindy also, by example, show Casey that a parent loves and protects their own child even in adversity? That a parent makes sacrifices for their child and never does them harm? There is no denying that Cindy was too lenient with Casey but she didn't force Casey to be cold and unfeeling toward her own daughter. Cindy didn't teach Casey to be a murderer.

OMG Chill you are scaring me... let's not be confused... CA's "love" may send her daughter to the electric chair! She has taught her lying, modelled manipulation, excused and enabled her daughter all the way to jail... Why is it KC can not admit the truth anyway? She doesn't fear LE, it's her mother she fears!) Trust me CA has always played, and continues to play a MAJOR supporting role in this entire hearbreaking nightmare and is a HUGE part of the problem. Please, just do not get me started today... lolol (where's that headbanger when I need him!?) JMO

OMG Chill you are scaring me... let's not be confused... CA's "love" may send her daughter to the electric chair! She has taught her lying and manipulation, excusing and enabling... CA has always played, and continues to play a MAJOR supporting role in this entire nightmare and is a HUGE part of the problem trust me. Please, just do not get me started today... lolol. JMO

:banghead
I agree with this to a certain extent. I believe that even now, with her continuing to believe the kidnapping story, that CA is feeding KC. I also don't believe that she will ever confess unless her mother helps her to do it.

MOO

OMG Chill you are scaring me... let's not be confused... CA's "love" may send her daughter to the electric chair! She has taught her lying and manipulation, excusing and enabling... CA has always played, and continues to play a MAJOR supporting role in this entire nightmare and is a HUGE part of the problem trust me. Please, just do not get me started today... lolol. JMO

:banghead

Casey's actions are what may send her to the electric chair. If she had not chosen to kill little Caylee she would not potentially be facing the death penalty, regardless of how she was raised.

I agree with this to a certain extent. I believe that even now, with her continuing to believe the kidnapping story, that CA is feeding KC. I also don't believe that she will ever confess unless her mother helps her to do it.

MOO

ITA... (bold mine) Just edited to add as much before reading this! KC will continue her antics for as long as CA continues to buy into the charade. JMO

Casey's actions are what may send her to the electric chair. If she had not chosen to kill little Caylee she would not potentially be facing the death penalty, regardless of how she was raised.[/QUOTE]

That's an awful big "REGARDLESS..." Like what, the past 22 years have no link, no bearing on what brought us here today... hmmm... this shows tremendous insight Chill... lol. JMO

I'm troubled by this too. The only thing I can think of is Caylee's car seat and doll were still in the car so maybe to him, it looked like a carjacking gone wrong? MOO

GA mentions both Caylee and/or KC initially. He has not seen either one in over a month but it's been far longer since he's even spoken to Caylee. They get a notice saying the car had been stored after being found abandoned, and KC's things are strewn on the seat. IMO the only logical possibile conclusion for anyone to fear would naturally first be the owner, driver or occupant of that vehicle. 'Out of all the people in the world,' who ELSE would be dead in their trunk? JMO

Cindy had been getting text messages from Casey. She had also talked to Casey on the phone. Nobody had heard Caylee's voice since June 16.

That's an awful big "REGARDLESS..." Like what, the past 22 years have no link, no bearing on what brought us here today... hmmm... this shows tremendous insight Chill... lol. JMO

Honestly, I'm not concerned with the past 22 years. If Casey was raised with violence or was abused I might have a different opinion, but I'm not going to negate what Casey has done by blaming it on Cindy. "Gosh, my mommy was too nice to me and it turned me into a baby killer."

If Casey were a male we wouldn't even being having this discussion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon
Back