Nancy Grace America's Missing 2011-03-01

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
that is strange...unless it took this long for the contents of the garbage to be revealed. maybe an empty green been can is all that was found? no ravioli can or whatever was claimed? IDK, but this is weird. MOO.

My first thought was when did Chef Boyardee start canning green beans.

This video is the interview on 2/19/2009 where, beginning at the 4:53 mark, GGM Sykes first told about going to the trailer on 2/9/2009 and seeing the children on the porch.

http://www.wftv.com/video/18748628/index.html

-Not a word about Misty being on the porch with the children

-Not a word about Misty helping carry in the laundry

-Not a word about eating green beans

-Not a word about the children having no shirts on

The details of the story were considerably enhanced in the version told on the Nancy Grace show on 4/22/2010:

Quote:
ANNETTE SYKES, HALEIGH`S GREAT-GRANDMOTHER: I stopped by about 7:30 to drop off some laundry that I had done. I always did the children`s laundry just because it`s something I`ve always done. And the children were on the front porch with Misty. They were eating supper. And when we drove up, Haleigh jumped out of her chair and come running up and gave me a hug. And Junior came out and gave me a hug, and I gave them a kiss. And Misty walked out. She helped carry some of the clothes into the house and got the children`s shirts on, and they got back up to eat supper. I gave them a kiss, told them good-bye, and I got back in the car and left.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../22/ng.01.html
-Her arrival time is now stated as 7:30 pm instead of 7:00 pm.

-Misty is now out on the porch "with" the children.

-Misty now comes out and helps GGM carry in the laundry.

-The children are now revealed as having no shirts on and Misty puts the shirts on the children.

In the version told on the NG show on 3/1/2011, the story is even further embellished:

Quote:
ANNETTE SYKES, GREAT-GRANDMOTHER: I had gone by to take some of the children`s clothes that I had to take home to wash, and I took them by there to drop them off. And the children were sitting on the front porch eating supper, and Misty was sitting there with them.

They jumped down and ran out to the car to see me when I got out. And I hugged them and kissed them, and we took the clothes in the house. And then I hugged and kissed them good-bye and told them I loved them.

CASAREZ: Ms. Sykes, I`m sure you have such mixed emotion, so grateful that you got to see Haleigh that night.

What was she wearing? What was she like? What did she say to you?

SYKES: She just hollered "Granny! Granny!" And put her plate down, her and Bubba (ph) both sitting right out in the car.

And she didn`t have her shirt on, and I told her to get her shirt back on. She was real about taking her shirt off. She was real hot-natured. And I told her to get her shirt on. Her and Bubba (ph) put their shirts on while I was there.

CASAREZ: What time was this?

SYKES: About 7:30.

CASAREZ: Was anything said that night that maybe Misty was going out, or anything was going to happen that night, future plans?

SYKES: Nothing. They were just -- the children, like I say, were sitting there eating supper. And she was sitting smoking a cigarette out on the porch. And they were telling me what she had fixed them to eat for supper, green beans.

CASAREZ: Yes. Green beans?

SYKES: Haleigh loved them.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../01/ng.01.html
-Misty is not just out on the porch with them, she is smoking a cigarette.

-The children, NOT MISTY, put their own shirts back on because GGM told them to.

-"No shirts" is explained as "she WAS real hot natured".

-The children's meal now consists of nutritionally sound green beans.

-Why? Because we find out "Haleigh loved them"

What one sees as "embellish" and "enhanced" which point towards adding to something in order to "fix it"..or make something better than it appears to be..I respectfully disagree and do not see it as neither enhanced or embellished but rather something much more normal and not nefarious in any way..

Back on 2/19/09 where the first blurb is taken from Annete Sykes there are many factors that make this "blurb" of her speaking of those night's events drastically different from the other two examples given{2010/2011 interviews}.. Number 1) we are talking literal days after the traumatic event of Haleigh's "disappearance"..Number 2) this was not a pre-set up interview but rather a spur of the moment.. impromptu.. one on one with the camera in front of their make shift tent at a time when these folks were pretty much living on coffee.. zero sleep..adrenaline..along with any other number of substances that even "normal" ppl are known to take when something so traumatic occurs such as your grandchild's "disappearance"..
The other thing I wanted to go ahead and point out is that there is nothing to make excuses for..explain why ..or anything else about the 3 seperate versions of Annette's that she has given describing the nights events.. She is not changing or altering any key points..much the opposite she keeps the key points the same..

~She went to the mh around 7
~Her reason for going was the kid's laundry
~The kids were eating dinner
~Misty was present
~The kids kissed her goodbye

Those key points of the extremely short list of events that occurred when Annette went to the mh stay consistent throughout over 2+ very long years..That IMO is what is important and if that were changing or being altered would be suspicious and/or cause for any alarm or red flags..

Then you have an interview on 4/22/10..on a National.. Hugely Popular..Extremely well-known and watched by many Television show where you are being interviewed by someone much more seasoned with speaking to people who have been thru such issues as what Annette has and therefor much better preparation as well as sense of comfort are all present in this interview{not to mention the family by 4/22/10 had become quite comfortable and had a great rapore with NG} where we infact learn a few more details of that night...{I certainly recognize and fully admit that is part of why I watch NG at times because I am hoping that she can help us the public learn a few more nuggets of detail that we did not know going into the show that night..this is what gets her the ratings..}

But just as I said earlier in this second interview tho drastically different in set-up as well as the entire interview process from the impromptu..camera in the face..in front of a make shift tent..with God knows how little sleep..even though all of that drastically improved..Annette's key points all remain the same..

~Misty was present

And then along with that we learned more detail..Just as is clearly listed in the ^above^post..Details added.. By this point Annette Number 1) having more time between her and the night of the events..more time to calmy think on those events as I'm certain they played in her mind repeatively daily..they were her last moments to ever see her grandchild..They would be etched firmly in my mind as well..and Number 2) I am certain by this point she had been thru interview processes with multiple investigators..each one wanting her to recall as much detail as possible..
These added details IMO in no way indicative of anything nefarious whatsoever but rather a memory engrained in your brain that with the passage of time repeating in a grandmother's head I'm quite certain each and every detail possible has been played over and over in her mind..

And then the latest interview.. here we are another year later in 2011 again on the NG show..where not only do you Annette having time to replay those events in her mind frequently going over details of that night{and its proven that with the passage of time the memory focused on a certain event that the mind frequently recalls and plays out in one's mind it is found that infact more detail can and will be remembered and recalled about that specific event..NOT altered or changed..BUT FURTHER DETAIL CAN/WILL BE RECALLED..I'll post a link to one of the websites that references this}..
So not only does Annette have more time to have calmed..and been able to fully recall the events of that night but she also has someone prodding her for more info..Jean is wanting and asking for more detail to be given..encouraging Annette to please share with us the audience every little thing that you can possibly remember about that night..and we certainly do learn even more details as is listed in the ^above^ post..but yet all key points remain consistent..

~Misty was present

So as I said what one sees as "embellished" and "enhanced" as in to "fix up" something or to make something appear better than it is/was..as in a nefarious way.. I do not see as anything but the truth and that all key points have proven to stay the same..but with the help and ease of National Television shows and their hosts using their talents to squeeze out any new..not yet known nuggets of detail..to boost their ratings..we have indeed learned only the same that occurred with more detail of those events.. Nothing nefarious in the least but rather a real live human being recalling events that happened in a natural and forthcoming way..not sticking to a scripted account that does not stray from each and every scripted word..but the truth being told by a woman that clearly IMO relives the events of that night frequently..jmo tho..

What one sees as "embellish" and "enhanced" which point towards adding to something in order to "fix it"..or make something better than it appears to be..I respectfully disagree and do not see it as neither enhanced or embellished but rather something much more normal and not nefarious in any way..

Back on 2/19/09 where the first blurb is taken from Annete Sykes there are many factors that make this "blurb" of her speaking of those night's events drastically different from the other two examples given{2010/2011 interviews}.. Number 1) we are talking literal days after the traumatic event of Haleigh's "disappearance"..Number 2) this was not a pre-set up interview but rather a spur of the moment.. impromptu.. one on one with the camera in front of their make shift tent at a time when these folks were pretty much living on coffee.. zero sleep..adrenaline..along with any other number of substances that even "normal" ppl are known to take when something so traumatic occurs such as your grandchild's "disappearance"..
The other thing I wanted to go ahead and point out is that there is nothing to make excuses for..explain why ..or anything else about the 3 seperate versions of Annette's that she has given describing the nights events.. She is not changing or altering any key points..much the opposite she keeps the key points the same..

~Misty was present

Those key points of the extremely short list of events that occurred when Annette went to the mh stay consistent throughout over 2+ very long years..That IMO is what is important and if that were changing or being altered would be suspicious and/or cause for any alarm or red flags..

Then you have an interview on 4/22/10..on a National.. Hugely Popular..Extremely well-known and watched by many Television show where you are being interviewed by someone much more seasoned with speaking to people who have been thru such issues as what Annette has and therefor much better preparation as well as sense of comfort are all present in this interview{not to mention the family by 4/22/10 had become quite comfortable and had a great rapore with NG} where we infact learn a few more details of that night...{I certainly recognize and fully admit that is part of why I watch NG at times because I am hoping that she can help us the public learn a few more nuggets of detail that we did not know going into the show that night..this is what gets her the ratings..}

But just as I said earlier in this second interview tho drastically different in set-up as well as the entire interview process from the impromptu..camera in the face..in front of a make shift tent..with God knows how little sleep..even though all of that drastically improved..Annette's key points all remain the same..

~Misty was present

And then along with that we learned more detail..Just as is clearly listed in the ^above^post..Details added.. By this point Annette Number 1) having more time between her and the night of the events..more time to calmy think on those events as I'm certain they played in her mind repeatively daily..they were her last moments to ever see her grandchild..They would be etched firmly in my mind as well..and Number 2) I am certain by this point she had been thru interview processes with multiple investigators..each one wanting her to recall as much detail as possible..
These added details IMO in no way indicative of anything nefarious whatsoever but rather a memory engrained in your brain that with the passage of time repeating in a grandmother's head I'm quite certain each and every detail possible has been played over and over in her mind..

And then the latest interview.. here we are another year later in 2011 again on the NG show..where not only do you Annette having time to replay those events in her mind frequently going over details of that night{and its proven that with the passage of time the memory focused on a certain event that the mind frequently recalls and plays out in one's mind it is found that infact more detail can and will be remembered and recalled about that specific event..NOT altered or changed..BUT FURTHER DETAIL CAN/WILL BE RECALLED..I'll post a link to one of the websites that references this}..
So not only does Annette have more time to have calmed..and been able to fully recall the events of that night but she also has someone prodding her for more info..Jean is wanting and asking for more detail to be given..encouraging Annette to please share with us the audience every little thing that you can possibly remember about that night..and we certainly do learn even more details as is listed in the ^above^ post..but yet all key points remain consistent..

~Misty was present

So as I said what one sees as "embellished" and "enhanced" as in to "fix up" something or to make something appear better than it is/was..as in a nefarious way.. I do not see as anything but the truth and that all key points have proven to stay the same..but with the help and ease of National Television shows and their hosts using their talents to squeeze out any new..not yet known nuggets of detail..to boost their ratings..we have indeed learned only the same that occurred with more detail of those events.. Nothing nefarious in the least but rather a real live human being recalling events that happened in a natural and forthcoming way..not sticking to a scripted account that does not stray from each and every scripted word..but the truth being told by a woman that clearly IMO relives the events of that night frequently..jmo tho..

Ahhh, but GGM also gave another version of her story of visiting the trailer, didn’t she?

-One which was given after almost a year of time between her and the night of the events.

-One which was given, not in front of a makeshift tent or a television studio, but rather in the comfort of her own home.

-One which was with a reporter, Dana Treen, with whom the family had such a great rapport that Ronald even called and gave an extensive interview within days of being arrested on his drug charges.

On February 7, 2010, just seventeen days after her grandson was arrested for trafficking in illegal narcotics, GGM told an altogether different version of her visit and its reason:

On Feb. 9, the night after Croslin returned to Cummings' mobile home from the weekend of partying, Sykes dropped by.

She said she was upset that Croslin had gone off and left her grandson without anyone to watch over the two kids.

"I was mad because Ronald let her come back," she said.

"But it's his house. There wasn't nothing I could do about it other than be mad."

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...ed_ronald_and_misty_lost_their_way_long_ago_1

-In this version, not one word was mentioned about your referenced key point of “laundry” being the reason for her visit.

-In fact, not one of your referenced key points was mentioned in this version of her visit to the trailer.

Oddly enough, also missing was her glowing report of Misty’s interaction and care of the children so forcefully stated in her first version of the story, given just nine days after her great granddaughter disappeared while under this 17 year old’s care.

Instead, GGM now says she was MAD that Ronald even let her back in the door!

How very odd that the truth as told, by Annette Sykes on February 18, 2009 forcefully praising the care giving of Misty, could be told so differently on February 7, 2010, AFTER almost a year’s worth of “reliving and reflection”. Even odder still is that the truth could change yet again from being UPSET and MAD, in her version told on February 7, 2010, back once again to an updated version of the laundry story as told on the Nancy Grace show on March 1, 2011.

A story is hard presssed get more contradictory than this one and is, in my opinion, likely a part of what was behind this statement:

"It's been clear from day one that the contradicting statements from the family members are not the truth," said Capt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2011-02-10/haleigh-now-missing-2-years

How very sad. The truth is not supposed to change.

woman that clearly IMO relives the events of that night frequently..jmo tho..

SNIPPED.

Nothing about that AS's various stories are clear --- and that was the longest post that said/proved nothing, I've seen in a long time.

The only thing I really noticed is that it didn't mention that Ron wasn't there...

Just because someone is saying they did this and this and this and this, consistently, means nothing. Misty said she was watching kids and she fed them and let them watch movies and all this other crap, and its pretty much the same story, and cops say she is lying, so really I see no difference between Annette and Misty. They both have something major in common though, they really love Ronald.

Adding details to one's story over time really doesn't bother me; often we forget small details but recall them later. Changing details does bother me, and both AS and MC have done that. Misty's "I put her to bed at eight o'clock cuz that's her bedtime cuz she has school..." never changed in all her tellings, yet other small details of her story did. And given that LE stated they did not believe Haleigh had been put to bed that night it appears as though even when Misty was consistent she may not have actually been "reliving" the events of that night. My point here is I see red flags in stories told by MC and those red flags are the changing of small details. I see those same red flags with AS changing small details with each telling, as well.

I do not like the changing details no matter who is doing it. I am not giving a pass to anyone to change their story, not even Annette Sykes. Annette has molded events to her liking, or attempted to, at least one other time...but Flora Hollers exposed that attempt.

There’s something bad wrong with this:

So, Werter and Steve Brown KNEW Tommy Croslin had lied out his azz about that entire story but THEY DID NOT REVEAL THAT when they contacted LE and convinced them, thereby instigating the Shell Harbor search?

Remember the look of complete devastation on Crystal's face when she came out of the Sheriff's office after hearing Joe Overstreet had killed her baby?

The decorum of our WebSleuths TOS prevents my telling you what I think of these individuals.

What I have not understood yet is why would LE go through all that time/money/resources to search the St.John's river if Tommy did fail his poly. it just makes no sense to me. Unless Tommy failed certain parts as in who he named as the POI, but the location being a location that was used to dispose of something, or someone may of told Tommy that is where Haleigh was dumped. Maybe both Tommy and Misty were told the same story, could of been why he got that rat in the mail box. But just because someone told him that was the location didn't mean it was. Something is just not right with that big search, if true Tommy failed his poly. I have always wondered if Ron or one of the Cummings didn't dispose of Haleigh and the Croslins just did the clean up of the trailer from drugs and marijuana plants. Just a thought...
Again, why would LE spend all that money on that search of the St.John's river if Tommy's poly was deceptive?:waitasec:

O/T:
I had emailed several reporters about the remains that were found in the Mandarin area of Jacksonville and not one ever got back to me, nor has the story been updated. Unless I missed it. I keep wondering who the remains belong to. It was a very large home on a large lot, they must of used a landscaping company to keep the grounds taken care of I would assume. It is said that workers found the remains, but LE will not give an update on who's remains.

What I have not understood yet is why would LE go through all that time/money/resources to search the St.John's river if Tommy did fail his poly. it just makes no sense to me. Unless Tommy failed certain parts as in who he named as the POI, but the location being a location that was used to dispose of something, or someone may of told Tommy that is where Haleigh was dumped. Maybe both Tommy and Misty were told the same story, could of been why he got that rat in the mail box. But just because someone told him that was the location didn't mean it was. Something is just not right with that big search, if true Tommy failed his poly. I have always wondered if Ron or one of the Cummings didn't dispose of Haleigh and the Croslins just did the clean up of the trailer from drugs and marijuana plants. Just a thought...
Again, why would LE spend all that money on that search of the St.John's river if Tommy's poly was deceptive?:waitasec:

O/T:
I had emailed several reporters about the remains that were found in the Mandarin area of Jacksonville and not one ever got back to me, nor has the story been updated. Unless I missed it. I keep wondering who the remains belong to. It was a very large home on a large lot, they must of used a landscaping company to keep the grounds taken care of I would assume. It is said that workers found the remains, but LE will not give an update on who's remains.

Thanks for e:mailing those repoters. I have looked into all different web sites for news on this and nothing. We should be able to know by now if it were an adult or a child's skull! :banghead:

O/T:
BBM

The polygraph taken by Tommy 5 days before the Shell Harbor search was a PRIVATE exam arranged by his attorney and NOT LE.

According to what Art Harris said on the NG show, Werter and Brown chose to NOT reveal Tommy's failure to LE when they were pitching Tommy's story, which led to the search:

HARRIS: That`s right, Jean. The polygraph given by a retired FBI agent in Jacksonville, that I reported on ArtHarris.com.

He flunked miserably. And they did not reveal that.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1103/01/ng.01.html

Had his attorneys revealed how their client had "miserably flunked" a private exam, I highly doubt the storyline would have been bought off by LE. As far as I'm concerned, the actions of this attorney and his "investigator" were unconscionable for their roles in perpetrating this fraud.

I laid out their roles, step by step, in this post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - General theory thread and motives rehashed #3

BBM

Had his attorneys revealed how their client had "miserably flunked" a private exam, I highly doubt the storyline would have been bought off by LE. As far as I'm concerned, the actions of this attorney and his "investigator" were unconscionable for their roles in perpetrating this fraud.

I laid out their roles, step by step, in this post:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - General theory thread and motives rehashed #3

Snipped.

That really makes sense -- too bad LE fell for it.

From almost immediately, I didn't think Misty & Tommy made up the story in the back seat of a police car.

I've always thought that when they were living together, "they" came up with some stories in case they got pushed into a corner. And the Joe story won. I just wonder whether Ron was in on it but if he tried to use it, it would have been questionable 'cause he was at werk and wouldn't have known.

LE was certainly going on what SB told them. And then in court later SB claimed he was entitled to the reward money for his tip...even though his tip led to nothing of value to the investigation being recovered.

Snipped.

From almost immediately, I didn't think Misty & Tommy made up the story in the back seat of a police car.

I've always thought that when they were living together, "they" came up with some stories in case they got pushed into a corner. And the Joe story won. I just wonder whether Ron was in on it but if he tried to use it, it would have been questionable 'cause he was at werk and wouldn't have known.

BBM: It is really sad that LE fell for it. That led to the family being called to sheriff's office and the suggestion that they plan a funeral. That was premature action on LE's part. I am just fine with LE acting on tips but they should have their ducks in a row before calling the family in to inform them of things that aren't yet proven facts.

BBM: It is really sad that LE fell for it. That led to the family being called to sheriff's office and the suggestion that they plan a funeral. That was premature action on LE's part. I am just fine with LE acting on tips but they should have their ducks in a row before calling the family in to inform them of things that aren't yet proven facts.

Glad you bring this up. Actually, Ron told Shoemaker they told him to "basically plan a funeral" The cops later for the first time ever corrected Ronald, and said thats not what they said. I find that very interesting.

:eek:hwow:
Glad you bring this up. Actually, Ron told Shoemaker they told him to "basically plan a funeral" The cops later for the first time ever corrected Ronald, and said thats not what they said. I find that very interesting.

Ron told his attorney something that was not accurate?

Ron told his attorney something that was not accurate?

Yeah, Shoemaker went to see Ronald, and walking out he told reporters that Ronald Cummings said to him, the LE basically said, plan for a funeral. The LE contacted Shoemaker and told him that was not what they said to him, and Shoemaker corrected it publicly.

I find that very, very, very interesting.

Yeah, Shoemaker went to see Ronald, and walking out he told reporters that Ronald Cummings said to him, the LE basically said, plan for a funeral. The LE contacted Shoemaker and told him that was not what they said to him, and Shoemaker corrected it publicly.

I find that very, very, very interesting.

I remember when the word "memorial" was put in place of funeral. It was a a big deal only because a funeral would imply there was a body while memorial would not imply anything other than the victim was deceased.

This was all happening with the St. Johns search in April 2010, and shortly after LE changed it from missing person to homicide case. That leads me to believe LE told the family they should plan a memorial, if not a funeral. Sounds like funeral is Ron's word...maybe he didn't know there was a difference.

I guess I'm questioning why LE met with the family just based on SB's tip. Before actually having anything concrete to tell them.

Snipped.

I don't know. Ron had absolutely no problem relating to Misty what was going on and who slept where that night that he was "at werk". He also spoke up on the Nancy Grace show stating that "the cousin wuddn't there" when his mother, Teresa, was listing all the people who were supposedly at the MH that evening. :waitasec: Then again, Ron must have physic powers like his mother because she also didn't have a problem stating where people slept, was the bedroom door shut or open, who visited that night, etc and she claims to have not been there either.

Annette Sykes has not said who was there while she was there that evening. She did say "We" went by there that evening. She doesn't even give out who the person is who was with her, strange isn't it?

One thing I've been trying to figure out about the Shell Harbor search is "What did LE based their statement on that Haleigh's case was a homicide if nothing was found and that Tommy and Misty's "Joe did it story" turned out to be total lies"? LE actually met with the family and told them that Haleigh was dead. Why?

The only reason I beleive that Tommy failed in in tape video with Lindsey she tells Tommy why you fail... I don't believe a word AH said not word. Plus to me IMO Tommy lies badly in Jail videos.

I remember when the word "memorial" was put in place of funeral. It was a a big deal only because a funeral would imply there was a body while memorial would not imply anything other than the victim was deceased.

This was all happening with the St. Johns search in April 2010, and shortly after LE changed it from missing person to homicide case. That leads me to believe LE told the family they should plan a memorial, if not a funeral. Sounds like funeral is Ron's word...maybe he didn't know there was a difference.

I guess I'm questioning why LE met with the family just based on SB's tip. Before actually having anything concrete to tell them.

I agree krkrjx. LE has never clarified why it was stated to the family that Haleigh was dead. Is LE going on a "gut" feeling here?

The only reason I beleive that Tommy failed in in tape video with Lindsey she tells Tommy why you fail... I don't believe a word AH said not word. Plus to me IMO Tommy lies badly in Jail videos.

How do you know Tommys lawyers didnt lie to him and tell him he failed, just to see his reaction? I cant even begin to imagine what kind of "lawyer" sets up a test for his client, and then announces the "failed" result to ANYONE. I mean seriously, what is up with that?

If these people had money, they would not be in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston