Nancy Grace - Mon., 1/19/2009

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Amy's lawyer can point out that Casey led her to believe she was moving to the Hopespring residence and had her do a change of address, in hopes of nabbing the bank statements before Amy ever saw them.

I think probably not so much in this day of online banking. She had already checked her account and noticed the money was missing.

I think probably not so much in this day of online banking. She had already checked her account and noticed the money was missing.

That or my guess is that she went to the bank to get cash, with a check or with her ATM card and nothing was there and she was overdrawn - I couldn't imagine the pit she felt in her stomach

Casey is all upset because she missed the chili party and being with everyone. I don't believe I heard her say anything about missing her little girl!
Welcome to WS, Nonni Brenda! No...she didn't. Typical Casey.

Of course, I thought it was strange they held a birthday party at the time. It reminded me of the mother with the silly string at the grave of her child. Highly inappropriate, imo.

Thanks for the welcome, seriously searching. I have just discovered the world of blogging, and am so excited to be able to hear other's opinions, and offer mine.

But Amy's lawyer can point out that Casey led her to believe she was moving to the Hopespring residence and had her do a change of address, in hopes of nabbing the bank statements before Amy ever saw them.

Yep, online banking & AH has computer....

IIRC, Tony called AH that night & said he found her check book & AH also texed/myspace someone later that night......."someone I thought a friend, cleaned out my bank account oh, & now she's lost her baby."

I can't imagine what could have been placed in the family cooler that they used tho. It makes no sense.

Can't be the body because it was in the bag in the trunk...no cooler.

Can't be the things out of the car that Cindy cleaned because they would have thrown the cooler away due to the smell, imo.

The Chloroform is a possibility, but again...they would have gotten rid of the cooler.

I just don't think it is the same one seen in the garage. I think I saw one when LE was there for an earlier search warrant and was part of the equipment used to transport certain evidence. I will have to go back and look at those photos.

That's just it. We are talking about a woman who washed and put away other things that were found in that trunk. This is a nurse we're talking about. She's used to all kinds of ick.

I can't imagine what could have been placed in the family cooler that they used tho. It makes no sense.

Can't be the body because it was in the bag in the trunk...no cooler.

Can't be the things out of the car that Cindy cleaned because they would have thrown the cooler away due to the smell, imo.

The Chloroform is a possibility, but again...they would have gotten rid of the cooler.

I just don't think it is the same one seen in the garage. I think I saw one when LE was there for an earlier search warrant and was part of the equipment used to transport certain evidence. I will have to go back and look at those photos.

About that cooler, and because, well...I'm lazy.....
If I had some of my child's toys in the trunk (toys that had been exposed to decomp smell) and I didn't want to make 5 trips to the back yard to throw them into the sandbox, I'd look around real quick for something to put all the toys in at once and make one trip to the back yard with them.
The toys wouldn't make the cooler heavy, so I would either pick up the cooler or grab a handle and drag it over the cement floor of the garage, out to the back.

Those toys, once strewn around the back yard would leave decomp smell wherever they landed.

Then on my way back to the car, through the garage, I'd bring the cooler back with me, place it where I originally fund it and nobody is the wiser that is was used.
Decomp dogs weren't originally taken into the garage, right?
So there was no suspicion about the cooler at that time.
But now, LE/FBI have to think outside the box, think like a diabolical mind, hence, the cooler comes into play.

Maybe they (LE/FBI) just wanted anything that could be used to store a body or store ANY evidence in and grabbed the cooler just because.

Did anyone notice on the NG show tonight that when a caller asked about the family of Caylee's father, and whether or not they could be entitled to any money from any books or whatever? NG didn't comment on Calyee's paternal family, but started talking about the money only. I've noticed before that no one seems to want to talk about the Ortiz family. Caylee is their grand child too, but there is nothing from anyone on them. Am I wrong, or has anyone else noticed that?

Yep, online banking & AH has computer....

IIRC, Tony called AH that night & said he found her check book & AH also texed/myspace someone later that night......."someone I thought a friend, cleaned out my bank account oh, & now she's lost her baby."

Amy said that she lost her baby? I don't remember seeing or reading that - I do remember reading about the friend and the cleaned out bank account - is there a link to the statment about 'she lost her baby' because Amy never sounded that nasty

Did anyone notice on the NG show tonight that when a caller asked about the family of Caylee's father, and whether or not they could be entitled to any money from any books or whatever? NG didn't comment on Calyee's paternal family, but started talking about the money only. I've noticed before that no one seems to want to talk about the Ortiz family. Caylee is their grand child too, but there is nothing from anyone on them. Am I wrong, or has anyone else noticed that?

Hi Nonni Benda, and Welcome to Websleuths!

If I remember correctly (and I hope someone else with more knowledge comes along to agree or refute), The Ortiz family most emphatically denied that their son fathered a child with Casey.
The Oritiz family never heard their son mention Casey.

Then again, I could have the families mixed up because, well, I'm old and although my memory is good, it's short. :crazy:

Since they used the cooler for food, I wouldn't think people as picky as Cindy or George would put anything smelling like decomp in it to begin with...like toys. If Casey had used it for something sinister...I think it would smell (not sure they could get the smell of decomp out of a cooler) and no longer be usable so they would throw it away.

Since they used the cooler for food, I wouldn't think people as picky as Cindy or George would put anything smelling like decomp in it to begin with...like toys. If Casey had used it for something sinister...I think it would smell (not sure they could get the smell of decomp out of a cooler) and no longer be usable so they would throw it away.

Good point SS!

But I have to think weird sometimes when it comes to this case.
Not Cindy or George, but Casey using the cooler to get the toys into the back yard in one trip.

In my weird thinking, Casey looked around the garage real quick, spotted something that could drag the toys all in one trip to the back yard and thought nothing of just putting it back on her way back to the car in the driveway.

If the toys were in the back seat and the toys were plastic, they might not have absorbed as much decomp smell.
The lid of the cooler was on. The little bit of decomp smell that could have come in contact with the cooler was contained inside the cooler.
George nor Cindy had any use for that small of a cooler for 6 months. Nobody bothered with it.
The lid was on, keeping any scent inside it.

LE/FBI looking around during the search just after finding the remains, had to think diabolical, like Casey.
They took the cooler just in case 'there might be something inside to test'.

Like I said, this case has me thinking really, really weird thoughts and ideas. :)

If I remember correctly (and I hope someone else with more knowledge comes along to agree or refute), The Ortiz family most emphatically denied that their son fathered a child with Casey.
The Ortiz family never heard their son mention Casey.

Then again, I could have the families mixed up because, well, I'm old and although my memory is good, it's short. :crazy:
No. You are correct. Jesus O. is not the father as far as anyone knows and his family does dispute any claims.

Nancy is staying away from the subject of the father for various reasons. One being that it opens the door for too much speculation.

Amy said that she lost her baby? I don't remember seeing or reading that - I do remember reading about the friend and the cleaned out bank account - is there a link to the statment about 'she lost her baby' because Amy never sounded that nasty
I remember it. Amy either had it on her myspace or facebook, IIRC. I don't have the link, but I know we do have it on WS somewhere. LOL Good luck with that one!

I don't think Amy meant it to sound "nasty", but she was very upset at the time. I have to give her a break since she just found out she had been "robbed" by her so-called friend.

Thanks Amity and Seriously Seeking for the info. I can imagine what the speculation is.

So why did she sign Amy's name then?!

KC also told CA to tell Amy that she was sorry..which IMO is a good thing.

ETA..KC also said in one of the jail house calls that she would steal..whatever she had to do which is also IMO a good thing.

Thanks Amity and Seriously Seeking for the info. I can imagine what the speculation is.
You are welcome! :)

Yes! If you have been watching this case unfold...I bet you can! ;) Nancy wants to stay away from that subject and so does WS. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon