Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a retired teacher and my husband and I never helped our kids with any school work. School work was their job. We would not be there for them in college nor would we be there for them on the work site.

They all three are college graduates with good jobs. They are desirable because of their work ethic and confidence,

When in high school, we marveled at how a doctor’s wife faxed a paper she had written for her daughter while the parents were on vacation.

An executive had his secretary fix up a paper.

We thought it ludicrous. How would these kids function on their own.

^^ I'm getting tired of their 'sources'. If they really are 'sources', Lori & co need to stop talking to whomever they are speaking to until they find the leak. But somehow I am doubting this is a leak. Nobody's leaking anything about the other families. We still don't even know who the $6.5 million man or woman is. Nothing's coming out - unless you want it to. IMO

MOO

And WHY dont we know about the $6.5 million parent?

Why are they so super-special?

This article is really really long but beyond excellent

They Had It Coming

This is a very good article.

She really spares no one. Least of all the Gianulli’s

You can see where the assertion that “everyone does it” comes from.

And the fact that the Universities, themselves, are openly complicit with these practices, acknowleging with a *wink* that there are always spots open on athletic teams .... obviously to be filled with the children of wealthry and influential parents.

Last edited:
And WHY dont we know about the $6.5 million parent?

Why are they so super-special?
You have to wonder if that is the parent who started all of this by throwing the Yale coach under the bus. He was investigated for securities. He has 4 kids in the scam ( 1 Yale grad, 2 in Yale, and a 3rd accepted) when he turned states witness.

Last edited:
You have to wonder if that is the parent who started all of this by throwing the Yale coach under the bus. He was investigated for securities. He had 4 kids ( 1 Yale grad, 2 in Yale, and a 3rd accepted when he turned states witness.

Ah, great thought Kaen.

He would certainly have to be very very wealthy.

$6.5 million is really an order of magnitude more that the named felons-to-be have been accused of paying

Last edited:
The comment regarding "I did what any Mother would do" Is infuriating yet a glimpse once again to the mindset. No us "Mothers" tend to instill a good work ethic and morals. Good lord!

I
You have to wonder if that is the parent who started all of this by throwing the Yale coach under the bus. He was investigated for securities. He has 4 kids in the scam ( 1 Yale grad, 2 in Yale, and a 3rd accepted) when he turned states witness.

I think the parent who started it is named.I read it

I love this:

“We were getting on a flight to Geneva, it’s a long flight, and Trevor said to me, ‘Dad, why is it every time we get on this flight, I have to take a left and go sit in the back of the plane, and you take a right and go to the front? [You] sit in a big chair and they roll roast beef on a trolley by you, and I’m back in 69D.’”

O’Leary says he has a simple answer: “I say, ‘Trevor, you don’t have any money.’”

“My son is making the connection between money and personal freedom,” O’Leary wrote. “I think that’s the greatest gift I’ve ever given him: to help him see that connection. And I constantly reinforce it by doing Mean Dad things like making him sit in those crappy economy seats.”

Kevin O'Leary flies first class, but makes his kids fly coach — here's why

I understand the premise, but I enjoy traveling with my children, I spend time talking to them, I can't imagine a flight to Europe, without talking to my children. Or even a short flight.

This Father is missing out. I feel sorry for him. Valuable time he could spend with his son...wasted.

I understand the premise, but I enjoy traveling with my children, I spend time talking to them, I can't imagine a flight to Europe, without talking to my children. Or even a short flight.

This Father is missing out. I feel sorry for him. Valuable time he could spend with his son...wasted.

I know, right?

It seems like a weird power play to screw with a kids mind like that

I know, right?

Just like this whole college scandal. Why not spend quality time with your children, helping them achieve accomplishments on their own? These parents just don't "get" the disservice that they have done to their own children. That is the really "criminal" activity here.

I know, right?

That's what I was thinking.

I like traveling with my kids and can't imagine doing a power play on them about the money.

Totally different values. I'll keep mine....as I sit in my "crappy" airplane seat next to my kid, thinking we have it pretty good.

jmo

Kevin O'Leary flies first class, but makes his kids fly coach — here's why

The elder appears a narsisst.... gets” fuel” from controlling and belittling his child. The elder has no empathy for his child ( as you naturally , obviously do for your child) the elder’s ego banks on this method of operation. JMO

Sorry to reply to myself. But, I wanted let people know that it was not the securities fraud guy, according to the LA Times. The article states the first guy paid about 450000 dollars to the coach. It goes on to say this about another Yale "applicant" in this scheme.

"The family of a person identified as only “Yale Applicant One” paid Singer $1.2 million, including $900,000 into his charitable organization. Singer, according to the documents, was introduced to the applicant’s family in November 2017 by a financial advisor. The girl’s father told Singer he wanted to make a “donation” for his daughter’s application." Mystery parent paid $6.5 million to get kids into top universities as part of admissions scandal

Sorry to reply to myself. But, I wanted let people know that it was not the securities fraud guy, according to the LA Times. The article states the first guy paid about 450000 dollars to the coach. It goes on to say this about another Yale "applicant" in this scheme.

"The family of a person identified as only “Yale Applicant One” paid Singer $1.2 million, including $900,000 into his charitable organization. Singer, according to the documents, was introduced to the applicant’s family in November 2017 by a financial advisor. The girl’s father told Singer he wanted to make a “donation” for his daughter’s application." Mystery parent paid $6.5 million to get kids into top universities as part of admissions scandal
Okay, so back to the mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member