GUILTY Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother sentenced to 7 months in college admissions scam

A California woman was sentenced today to seven months in prison for paying bribes to rig her two daughters' college admissions exams and get one of them into Georgetown University as a fake tennis recruit.

In an unusual hearing held via videoconference due to the coronavirus pandemic, the judge rejected Elizabeth Henriquez's bid to avoid prison because of the public health crisis but is allowing her to remain free until at least June 30 in the hopes that the outbreak will have diminished by then.

Wow! That 2nd article is really something. The guideance counselor that Giannulli tried to bully is really going to be a star witness imo. These people have no shame, no morals, and no end to their conceit. They are patronizing, arrogant, power-hungry a-holes. I hope their lives as they know it never recover. Mo
Truly worth the read:
College counselor clashed with Lori Loughlin's husband over daughter's qualifications, records show

Wow! That 2nd article is really something. The guideance counselor that Giannulli tried to bully is really going to be a star witness imo. These people have no shame, no morals, and no end to their conceit. They are patronizing, arrogant, power-hungry a-holes. I hope their lives as they know it never recover. Mo
Truly worth the read:
College counselor clashed with Lori Loughlin's husband over daughter's qualifications, records show

I will second that”wow”! Mossimo sounds like a real charmer. What an a$$!

I will second that”wow”! Mossimo sounds like a real charmer. What an a$$!

He is. If he really cared about his daughters, wife, family, he would admit his wrongdoing and take a plea deal. Just get it over with, like Huffman. Get out of the news.

Instead, his narcissism has made him double down. He refuses to accept any responsibility for his behavior. And it has destroyed his wife's career, and now, it looks like the prosecution will call his daughters to testify against him. That won't do them any favors.

Lori Loughlin's Daughter Olivia Jade Is ''Extremely Embarrassed'' By the Staged Rowing Photos | Xfinity

Last week, photos of Lori Loughlin's two daughters, Olivia Jade and Bella Giannulli, posing on an indoor rowing machine were revealed by federal prosecutors in the college admissions scandal. Now, according to an E! News source, Jade is "extremely embarrassed."

On April 9, in new court documents obtained by E! News, emails, phones, transcripts and photos further revealed Loughlin's and Mossimo Giannulli's alleged involvement with the scam's accused ring leader, William "Rick" Singer.

Prosecutors allege that the photos of their daughters posing on an indoor rowing machine were sent to Singer to help them gain admission to the University of Southern California...

Lori Loughlin's Daughter Olivia Jade Is ''Extremely Embarrassed'' By the Staged Rowing Photos | Xfinity

Last week, photos of Lori Loughlin's two daughters, Olivia Jade and Bella Giannulli, posing on an indoor rowing machine were revealed by federal prosecutors in the college admissions scandal. Now, according to an E! News source, Jade is "extremely embarrassed."

On April 9, in new court documents obtained by E! News, emails, phones, transcripts and photos further revealed Loughlin's and Mossimo Giannulli's alleged involvement with the scam's accused ring leader, William "Rick" Singer.

Prosecutors allege that the photos of their daughters posing on an indoor rowing machine were sent to Singer to help them gain admission to the University of Southern California...

Any ideas why at this particular time the prosecution put the fake rowing photos out? There is a reason behind why this case is being "tried" in the media, it's not being done by accident or because of incompetence.

Why did they hand these photos to the media in the first place ?

I don't get why the defense doesn't file a motion to get a gag order because they have the Discovery Evidence and must know it sheds a negative spotlight on L&M and their daughters.

Imagine if it was your trial coming up and your Discovery Evidence was tossed out to the media then devoured by the public like dogs on bones. Your future jurors are watching you being tried in the media and they see the public's opinions on your guilt.

I don't know, this whole media tit-for-tat :rolleyes:
one-upmanship seems immature. If anyone on here understands it please clue me in....o_O

Last edited:
Did Prosecutor Provide Doc's & Pix to Media?
Any ideas why at this particular time the prosecution put the fake rowing photos out? There is a reason behind why this case is being "tried" in the media, it's not being done by accident or because of incompetence.
Why did they hand these photos to the media in the first place ?....
I don't get why the defense doesn't file a motion to get a gag order because they have the Discovery Evidence and must know it sheds a negative spotlight on L&M and their daughters.
Imagine if it was your trial coming up and your Discovery Evidence was tossed out to the media then devoured by the public like dogs on bones. Your future jurors are watching you being tried in the media and they see the public's opinions on your guilt.
I don't know, this whole media tit-for-tat :rolleyes: one-upmanship seems immature. If anyone on here understands it please clue me in....o_O
@Cool Cats sbm bbm Thx for your post. Good questions.
"Handed out"?
Not sure if prosecutor provided materials to media last week. In quote* from linked article, the red text* reflects those doc's & pix were part of prosecutor's court filings. After filing, they are public record (unless a party requests they be sealed & ct grants order to seal), so it's likely media will use. If a prosecutor did provide to media, I'm overlooking/missing it.
Without having read the Response itself, I'm inclined to think that its content and the pix themselves are just 'more of the same' from previous motions & filings (could be wrong) and have already been reported & analyzed by media. Multiple times, IIRC.

"Gag order"?
I wonder if a gag order** would likely be issued. Or if issued, it would help keep the info low profile. Filing for a gag order might put more focus on the matter. IDK. And the cat is already out of the bag and now far, far away.
"Sheds a negative spotlight on L&M and their daughters"?
True, but most doc's prosecutors file against crim defendants shed a negative light on them.
"Future jurors"?
Yes, possibly heard/seen by potential jury panel, but in jury selection procedure, judge and/or atty's can question ppl about this, and can exclude individuals for cause or possibly by peremptory strike.
Strike for cause - Wikipedia
And ultimately, seems likely imo, exact pic/pix of teen on rowing machine will be admitted in evidence. Not like the public/potential jury is being shown something (like sex tapes of the daughters) that would be totally irrelevant and potentially prejudicial to L & M's guilt.
Al jmo, could be wrong.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* "Federal prosecutors in the college admissions scandal have filed a response to Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli's request to dismiss the case. In new court documents obtained by E! News, emails, phone transcripts and photos further reveal the famous couple's alleged involvement with the scam's accused ring leader, William "Rick" Singer.
Among the exhibits submitted by prosecutors are photos of their daughters, 20-year-old Olivia Jade and 21-year-old Bella Giannulli, posing on an indoor rowing machine, which prosecutors allege were taken by Lori and Mossimo and sent to Singer to help them gain admission to the University of Southern California."
** "... an order, typically a legal order by a court or government, restricting information or comment from being made public or passed onto any unauthorized third party....
"Gag orders are sometimes used in an attempt to assure a fair trial by preventing prejudicial pre-trial publicity, although their use for this purpose is controversial since they are a potentially unconstitutional prior restraint that can lead to the press's using less reliable sources such as off-the-record statements and second- or third-hand accounts.[3]"
^ from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gag_order

Last edited:
INMO, this whole pandemic should be a complete game changer for this case. If Lori had any sense, plead, and take whatever minimum they offer.

Maybe Lori thinks that the medical care in the prison system is fantastic. And she will have her own private suite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emmab