NC NC - Allen Croft, 46, Durham, 11 May 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Dawg (K)
You too have been a lot of help and support, and for all of your concern, I am deeply touched!
These are horrible times, terrible things touch each of us....This too hurts me. The needless pain from not having answers, justice, and closure....NOT just for my family, but EVERY family who has endured such tragedies.....

Justice4Jack. Your best bet is to find a Victim's Advocate organization. They can pressure LE to release information to you, and also pressure them into reopening the investigation. They may want evidence that you have exhausted all avenues open to you. Funny that you should mention this as I just watched an investigative reporting documentary, on a crime that happened just a few miles up the road, years ago. The dead wife's brother retired and spent full time trying to get her declared accidental death, into a First Degree Murder Charge against her husband. Eight years later, only after a Victim's Advocacy group decided to take his case on, did he make progress. The case was reopened, using a detective that was a firearms forensic expert; he saw it the brother's way, and found tons of evidence to prove it, and the husband was convicted lickety-split.

I have tried the PMRC, do you know what agency I contact? I also tried Victims of Violent Crimes, and that was no help....If you know what and who to call in Durham NC, I would ever so much appreciate it!

Justice4Jack said:
I have tried the PMRC, do you know what agency I contact? I also tried Victims of Violent Crimes, and that was no help....If you know what and who to call in Durham NC, I would ever so much appreciate it!
J4J, the highest level of Victim's Advocacy groups are nationwide, and they handle cases anywhere; they will probably need to know that you have done everything humanly possible to have your brother's case reopened. As I mentioned it took this woman's brother eight years to obtain their help, and he was esseentially working full-time at that job for that entire eight years. He took retirement from working as a computer programmer, and pursued his sister's case.

The murder happened in Palo Alto, CA and she was a renowned Bay Area poet, and she was killed by a shotgun blast, as her husband was allegedly cleaning an expensive antique shotgun. See if you can find it, and then find the brother's quest for justice.

J4J, if you do contact the Advocacy group, you will want a very precise, but a very brief, timeline, with precise facts that you know.

Thank you so much Buzz! It sickens me to see I am not alone in my quest for justice!!! It is heart breaking to see so many others that have had to go to such great lenghts, to just get information, then to solve the murder themselves!!!!
I will do some googling to find that man, and will call whom ever I can....
I cannot begin to thank those of you that have cared to give me not only your prayers, which means a lot to my family, but also for the input, and ideas!!!!

It is so peaceful to know in these last days, that there are GOOD people, and that there is always HOPE!!!!!!!
(L) To you ALL!!!
Rhonda

I am so grateful, due to advise I have received from all you beautiful people, I will soon have my brothers death avenged!!!

Please keep my family, Janet Araboa's family, and ALL of us who have had such tragedy in our lives, to finally have Justice For ALL!!!!!!!!

God Bless,
Rhonda

In Loving Memory
Address:http://community-2.webtv.net/RhondaFleming/InLovingMemory/

Buzzm1 said:
The murder happened in Palo Alto, CA and she was a renowned Bay Area poet, and she was killed by a shotgun blast, as her husband was allegedly cleaning an expensive antique shotgun. See if you can find it, and then find the brother's quest for justice.
COLD CASE FILES: Episode 42 - showing on The History Channel

ABIGAIL NIEBAUER CASE

Palo Alto, California.On February 25, 1985, the Palo Alto Police Department receives a call from James Niebauer. His 43-year-old wife Abigail has been shot dead. When police arrive, they find the woman in her kitchen with a bullet wound to the chest. Mr. Niebauer tells the officers that he shot his wife.

He claims it was an accident. He was cleaning the vintage shotgun when his wife came in and asked to hold the gun; it accidentally fired at point blank range into Abigail's chest.

The crime scene is processed and photographed and Palo Alto Police Officer Randy Rafoth begins to investigate. Meanwhile, Abigail Niebauer's brother, Lee Sansum, is notified of his sister's death. He is immediately suspicious of James Niebauer's story and tells the cops that his sister's marriage was very rocky

Two months later, Sansum calls the Palo Alto police for an update. He is told that the case has been cleared as an accident and closed... From his home in Seattle, Sansum works to find out the truth.

He gets nowhere, however, until he learns of a new organization in the Bay Area called Citizens Against Homicide. Sansum places a call to co-founder Jane Alexander and asks for help on his case...

<Some more information here about what they did along the way>

Thirteen years after his wife's death, Niebauer is arrested...

James Niebauer is convicted and sentenced to 27 years to life.

"Citizen Jane"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/05/15/48hours/main195554.shtml

Jane Alexander didn't expect to spend her golden years as an amateur detective, heading a group that helps families of murder victims solve cases.

"I figured I'd just enjoy my grandchildren, of which I have 12," says Alexander, who is 77.

But 17 years ago, her life took a totally unexpected turn. Bill Lagattuta reports on this unusual case...

Thanks once again Jersey! I will follow up, and once again cannot begin to Thank You, and others, that have not only given me aid, but support!!!
It helps a lot to know people DO care, and your help is ever so much appreciated!!!!
God Bless You, and Your Loved Ones,
Rhonda

You've definitely found the right place to find people who care, Rhonda - there are so very many of them here! :)

I just read Jane Alexander's story. That is really something. Sounds like Jane and her group are a good bunch to have on your side. Have you contacted her yet Rhonda? I'll be interested to hear what she has to say.

Not yet Angel......Holidays are not a good time, and I have been going through so much emotionally, and physically...I have a lot on my plate, so many things I have to do alone, and I admit, I'm overwhelmed.....

I am sure you know what I mean....Going through the motions of life alone is enormous, much less the pain of having your loved one murdered, then on you to solve......

I have faith in God, and am glad to say, that I have reached a high ranking official who is taking over, and that we will have resolution soon......

My heart goes out to you too!!! You have been an inspiration, and have showed me that I am not alone, and the ripple effect that stretches beyond the horror, and the loss, that forever changes so many lives.....

These truly are the times that tries man's soul....The world is over flowing with evil and unimaginable atrocities..........

I do not even dare say "Things could be worse," because I know the depths of wickedness our entire world endures..........

This must surely be the last days.......

http://community.webtv.net/RhondaFleming/InLovingMemory/

The sad part to all of this, is that LE again, is more concerned with politics, than MURDERS!
Durham is still more concerned with the rape case, than to solve our loved ones deaths!
My brother was found executed under a bridge 3 weeks after Janet Araboa was killed, and I have had NO PRESS, and have had to fight and beg to glean what facts I have received!

My brother was only 46, and weeks away from retiring from IBM after 25 years. He was not only a Christian, and a brilliant man, he was the most compassionate and kind person you could ever imagine!

He put himself through college, overcame poverty and hardships, and was loved and respected by countless people, he WAS George Bailey!

My family has not only lost our hero, we lost OUR mentor and best friend! He was NOT just MY brother, but ALL of my cousins and I would claim him, he loved being looked up to, and enjoyed family, and loved life!

My mother lost her only son! And not JUST a son, but an OUTSTANDING man! We ALL were so proud of him, and I personally depended on him, he was ALWAYS there for me, not through miles, but in prayers and deeds! He was to take my 15 year old daughter if I died....

I had cancer, and praying I have not gone into remission, this has been the worst! :(
At least when he was alive, I had peace knowing if I died, he would be there for her! That meant a lot, and helped me sleep better knowing she would be loved like I would want her to have!
Not to mention my father's death from cancer when she was only 5....He told her he would live to see her graduate college, not wanting her to be afraid, then died 6 months later.....

The ripple effect from each human person murdered, reaches a multitude of lives!
NO family should have to fight for LE to do the job they are paid to do! And the FAMILY DESERVES the same privilege as next of kin, as does the spouse!

How many married people kill their spouses, or one relative another, while families are left to suffer and pick up the pieces?!
God willing, like Megans Law, and the Amber alert, I will have Jacks law passed, so this will change!

FAMILY means something, and the voices of the dead must have JUSTICE!

God help, and bless our country, because the times are so full of evil! The world has become a wicked rotating garbage dump, man has no humanity to one another, children kill parents, and parents murder their children, etc......

My heart goes out to the PARENTS! Just as a sibling, I ache, if it was my child, I would probably have died from a broken heart, I KNOW that MUST be the worst!

I truly pray the Lord is watching over this site, and like John Walsh, become an inspiration, and invoke changes!

Let us remember one another EACH time we pray, the world is full of anguish, we all suffer in some way :(

Even when and if the violators are caught and punished, the loss and pain doesn't evaporate....

We are all the same, and we all need Gods help!

Justice IS his!

Please, bless US ALL with peace!

Until the day dawns.....

PLEASE let us ALL take time out to THANK GOD, for ALL that we DO have!
Today is a day to reflect, and remember what power HATE can do!
Let us all LOVE and RESPECT one another! We are BLESSED, and have much to be grateful for!

Call a loved one, call a friend, heck, call a stranger and say "God Loves You, And God Bless America!"
We live in perilous times, IMO, Bibical.....

Lest we forget that all we have is TODAY, tomorrow is NOT a promise! We ARE our brother's keeper, and we should keep that thought in mind, as we curl up in our beds at night!

We are BLESSED to have THIS Forum! Tricia has provided a place for HELP, and SUPPORT! So many of us are here BECAUSE we have lost a loved one, and this site has given us a VOICE!

I am by far a Saint, but I DO have FAITH, and only wished people would be more kind!

Amazing Grace, and Mercy to ALL!

We only have one life, and one world, and despite the desperation of our lives, millons have it worse!

God BLESS us ALL!
Respectfully,
Rhonda

Until the day dawns......

JforJ, I have been reading your various posts here and in Janet's forum. I know you have been given a lot of contacts by generous and thoughtful posters. I also know there are two states involved here, Ohio and Tennessee. Where was he a resident? Ohio or Tennessee.

For yourself, I would call your US Congressman or Senator in either or both states. Get the congressman who would represent you and or your brother. My US Congressman assigned me one of his legislative assistants and plowed through massive red tape to get me unemployment because some minor bureaucrat screwed up and didn't know the law and kept denying me unemployment. I couldn't thank them enough. They really persevered and said it was part of their job to serve their constituents.

Dear Barn Goddess,
I live in Ohio, my brother lived and died in Durham North Carolina...That is why I tag off of Janet's murder, because they both resided in Durham, and murderd within 3 weeks of each other....

Yes, I have had some brilliant advice, and have met some amazing people, that I am forever gateful to!
This site has mean a lot to my family, and so many others!

I am NOT alone, and among "Kindred Spirits." God let me find this site by chance, in my search for help!

I am reluctant to say much more, but it is progressing, and finally contacted an official who is taking over, and finally doing an investigation!

Please remember my family, Janet's, and countless others who have also had to beg and plead for help!

Again, I plan on having the law changed.....It is enough to lose a loved one, then to have inept LE make matters worse by incompetance, and disconcern....

I am NOT a cop-hater! I KNOW both good and bad officers are out there.... But again will say, the bad ones ruins it for the good ones, when they take an oath "To Protect, And Serve," then fail to do the job we depend on them for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties