Found Deceased NC - Allicia “Allisha” Dene Watts, 39, left home in Charlotte, car found in Anson County, 16 Jul 2023 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mother of missing woman speaks out

Please come home," Franklin cried out in her Southern Pines home.

Through tears Franklin recalled the last phone call she had with her daughter. "She was telling me she was going out of town and it was something she had to do," she said.

"Something kept driving me to her pictures. I'm sitting here in this chair like I am now and I kept looking at that picture, to that picture, and I kept looking at them shaking. It was trying to tell me something," said Franklin.

It's now been 37 days since anyone has seen Allisha. She wants the police to do more to find her. The family said it was them that got Allisha's name listed in the national database for missing people.

"I want them to do more than what they say they are doing," continued Franklin.

And that's because she is worried sick about her daughter. Restless and wondering if she is okay. Franklin said her heart is telling her that Allisha is in danger. "She's hurt somewhere."

MONTGOMERY COUNTY, N.C. — Police sources tell Channel 9 a body found in eastern North Carolina is being investigated in connection with Allisha Watts’ disappearance.

It’s not clear whether the body found Thursday is Watts -- we’re just told it’s part of the investigation into her disappearance.

Chopper 9 Skyzoom was live over a police scene around 12:30 p.m. Thursday on Cemetery Road, which is in Montgomery County near the Richmond County line.

It’s not clear whether the body found Thursday is Watts -- we’re just told it’s part of the investigation into her disappearance.

Chopper 9 Skyzoom spotted deputies from both Moore and Montgomery counties at the scene on Cemetery Road
Body found in eastern NC being investigated in connection to Allisha Watts case, sources say

Watts' family told WCNC Charlotte that Dunmore was taken into custody at his University City home by Montgomery County authorities. Video obtained by WCNC Charlotte shows Dunmore in handcuffs outside the home with multiple detectives watching him. A CMPD cruiser was seen pulling away from the area.

I'm going to guess digital evidence led them to the location this body was found. Probably had to get his cell phone records.

ETA I bet the former girlfriend with the active stalking case against him is so relieved right now to find out he is in custody.

Charlotte, N.C. – (Thursday, August 24, 2023) – As a result of the continued investigation, along with the collaborative effort of multiple law enforcement agencies, this case is no longer considered a missing person investigation.

We would like to thank the following agencies for their dedicated work in this case: Moore County Sheriff’s Office, Anson County Sheriff’s Office, Foxfire Police Department, Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, Richmond County Sheriff’s Office, along with FBI-Charlotte and the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation (NCSBI).

For additional information in reference to this investigation, please contact the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office as they are lead investigative agency.

Case Update: Allisha Watts Investigation

:(

from Mongomery County Sheriff Facebook

We believe the remains of Allisha Watts have been located.

A Task Force was formed consisting of Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, Montgomery County Sheriff's Office, Foxfire Police Department, Richmond County Sheriff's Office, Moore County Sheriff's Office, Anson County Sheriff's Office, North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

James Dunmore has been taken into custody and arrested for murder.

This is an ongoing and active investigation and we will continue to follow up on leads.

WRAL News learned the body was found in the area of Norman, a small town along Interstate 74. The body has yet to be identified. Watts, who lives in Moore County, has been missing for over a month.

Body of Allisha Watts found; boyfriend arrested for murder

Norman appears to be about an hour and 45 minutes from Charlotte where Allisha was last seen.

The Montgomery County Sheriff's Office said the remains of Allisha Watts have been found.

WRAL News learned a body was found in the area of Norman, a small town along Interstate 74. Watts, who lived in Moore County, has been missing for over a month.

Watts' boyfriend, James Dunmore has been taken into custody and arrested for murder. Earlier Thursday, a body was found in connection with her disappearance. Investigators have since confirmed the body was Watts.

https://www.wral.com/story/body-of-allisha-watts-found-boyfriend-arrested-for-murder/21015800/

in looking at the news footage of the area the body was located he not only placed her remains on cemetery road, he placed them in or very near to the cemetery itself.

ETA this video link shows the Norman Community cemetery, where Allisha's remains were found. I think based on where I see the activity, Dunmore hid or buried her body in the wooded area beside the cemetery. If so I would think he is somewhat familiar with that area. Either lived nearby, hs friends nearby, or has a oved one buried out there.

I notice there is what appears to be a residential property with a trailer/mobile home on the other side of the wooded area I feel her body was disposed in. I wonder if the occupants noticed any unusual activity the day Allisha was last seen.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelpingHandz